Thread: Blizzard 2014

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    4 to 6 inch? That's not even snow! 20 inch it's when you can actually call it proper snow, but even that's weak.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaeral View Post
    In the meanwhile, it's basically spring in Europe (13°C today in Belgium). Haven't had any snow yet this season.
    Not everywhere, place where I live had snow since the start of November, but I live in the Alps.

Just read this today

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/07/us-dee.../?ITO=facebook

Sounds and looks crazy, hope people stay safe!

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Just read this today

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/07/us-dee.../?ITO=facebook

Sounds and looks crazy, hope people stay safe!
    Couple of pictures of Chi Town in there. I left Oklahoma City earlier this afternoon and it was approaching 45 degrees. Almost balmy. Get off the plane in ORD and it's like 0 (both temps in F, by the way). Jesus. The place I stay is about a 15 minute walk from the train station. I was scared I was approaching the point of frostbite even through my gloves.

For some of you guys...I don't think the snow is the issue at all. Most places in the midwest and Northeast can handle the snow. It's the -55F windchill that is the problem. The fact is it's cold outside. Dangerously cold.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    Couple of pictures of Chi Town in there. I left Oklahoma City earlier this afternoon and it was approaching 45 degrees. Almost balmy. Get off the plane in ORD and it's like 0 (both temps in F, by the way). Jesus. The place I stay is about a 15 minute walk from the train station. I was scared I was approaching the point of frostbite even through my gloves.

For some of you guys...I don't think the snow is the issue at all. Most places in the midwest and Northeast can handle the snow. It's the -55F windchill that is the problem. The fact is it's cold outside. Dangerously cold.
    Jesus, be careful It's quite scary knowing you could get frostbite within a few minutes of being outdoors, and you're right it is the windchill that you have to look out for, nature is crazy.

I saw a video of a guy that took a wet t-shirt outside and within a minute it was rock hard, that freaks me out, I live in Scotland, and am wondering if we might feel the effects of it in a few days, so far we have had one of the mildest winters I've seen in a long long time, the weather is so topsy turvy at the moment.

Keep safe!

Yesterday was terrible in michigan. Only probably 4 or so inches of total snow fall, but it went nonstop and came with high winds. I had snow drifts on my sidewalk over two feet deep when I woke up =/

It's been snowing nonstop for days now I think we've gotten about a foot and a half over the past few days.

10+ Year Old Account
    When the weather's like North America's been having lately, that's when you're happy if you have a good old-fashioned wood-burning stove.

Good news everyone (and by everyone I mean people in the Northern Plains) The high pressure ridge is finally going to move out tomorrow, bringing in relatively warmer temperatures for the foreseeable future!

10+ Year Old Account
    It was only -9F this morning when I started into work. Soon as it hits 0F I can put my winter jacket away again
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

It's so cold, obviously global warming doesn't exist or else it would be getting warmer.

I'm being sarcastic btw, Fox News isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    It's so cold, obviously global warming doesn't exist or else it would be getting warmer.

This article sums up my thoughts about the alarmists pretty accurately.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articl...he_773268.html
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was told, on this very forum, that this would be the warmest winter in human history. Instead it ends up being the coldest, by a large margin, that North America has seen in many years.

Somebody fucking owes me an apology. And possibly some firewood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post

"Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by teebo View Post
    I find it sad instead of funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.