Page 1 of 2
LastLast

World of Logs no longer being kept up to date?

Perhaps I'm late to the party with this one, but by the looks of things World of Logs is no longer being updated. From a cursory browse of their forums I've found no updates since October, despite there still being many issues with heroic kill detection on the last 3 fights in Siege.

The reason I'm posting here is that I'm wondering what high-end guilds are using to analyse parses. Is there another website like WoL that provides similar analysis tools? I'm aware of a few but I'm not sure which one is generally considered the best and most useful.

It'd be great to hear what other guilds are doing, or if anyone has any information regarding the status of World of Logs itself.

Thanks in advance,
    -Zafu

10+ Year Old Account
    www.warcraftlogs.com is a good alternative and has some better features too.

I think more guilds will start switching to warcraftlogs soon, it's a much better site just lacking on the ranks atm, but it's early days for the site.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Yeah as soon warcraftlogs will be the place to log to.

Just taken a look at Warcraft Logs and it's absolutely fantastic. Thanks so much for these suggestions! More raiding guilds should definitely consider using it.

World of Logs is shit now. Buggy tracking of fights, lack of updates and rankings not being moderated are just a few of the things wrong with the site. Warcraft Logs is infinitely better IMO. It's a little slow at the moment (load times), but that's to be expected because the site is very new. It takes a while to get used to, but it's interface is far better than WoL's.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Warcraftlogs are great - switched to them last week. Combat replay view is awesome - you can check where ppl are standing at any point of time.

Deleted
    World of logs have gone to shit, so unless they start getting things straight, people will start using other sites, like warcraftlogs and the like.

I mean, last 3 fights not registering on heroic, countless bugged logs at rank 1 with 20 second kills that aren't removed etc etc. Shit like that used to be fixed almost instantly, and now it's as if they don't care anymore.

askmrrobot is also working on a combat log parser for wow (they already have one for SWTOR).

it is in "ULTRA Alpha" though, and doesn't yet have a site to display it.

Stay tuned.

http://blog.askmrrobot.com/2013/12/c...g-ultra-alpha/

Deleted
    How safe is the new warcraftlogs ?
    This kinda puts me off using it:

In order to upload to Warcraft Logs, you need to install a client application. Be aware that this application does have full access to your file system, and is in a pre-alpha state. Use at your own risk!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post

In order to upload to Warcraft Logs, you need to install a client application. Be aware that this application does have full access to your file system, and is in a pre-alpha state. Use at your own risk!
    this is why you use an authenticator, no need to worry

Deleted

This is something I don't like either. I have been wondering what was going on with WoL lately but kinda assumed they'd pick up the slack after Christmas. I've heard good things from reliable sources about warcraftlogs but until more people have vouched for warcraftlogs or until WoL is officially dead, I'm not too keen about making the switch - although not getting Heroic Garrosh registered does kinda suck.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aniyana View Post
    this is why you use an authenticator, no need to worry
    And this is why we worry, cuz an authenticator doesn't fully protect you, it never has, since day 1. Now its just automated with a trojan.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...eat-(Bluepost)

And thats ignoring that my computer could potenially be fully open to whoever, in that scenario my wow account is the very least of my concerns...

Edit. Or turn it around, why should i have to go the extra mile to protect myself, shouldn't that responseability lay on warcraftlogs.com ? Not the end user ? They cant code safe and functional software, yet the want me to use their site...yeh... I'll pass for now.
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2014-01-03 at 01:12 PM.

We're still using World of Logs, but have also been uploading all of our logs to WarcraftLogs. IMO, Warcraftlogs has quite the potential if people start using it over WoL. It's about as big a step up at World of Logs was from Wow Web Stats, for those that remember it. Frankly, you can tell just how much the WoL guy has checked out when it's been 2+ months and Heroic detection still doesn't work for the last 3 bosses in Siege.

The same is true for basically any desktop application, though. Only way to combat that is not use admin account for regular work and keep your anti virus current, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also suggesting Warcraftlogs. That site is brilliant and infinitely more intuitive than WOL.

Deleted
    www.warcraftlogs.com has been way better then WoL for quite some time, the only thing WoL is still better for is epeen ranking as more people use it, www.warcraftlogs does have rankings now and even that is much better with execution ranks, speed ranks, tank healing ranks, boss dps ranks (ignoring aoe padding) it even has a combat replay player if you have enabled advanced combat logging in wow>system>network

If your serious about analysing your raid and personal performance there is no substitute for www.warcraftlogs.com

Quote Originally Posted by santa666

Hi, I am the creator of Warcraft Logs. That line was just a standard disclaimer to remind people that desktop client applications have full access to your file system. This is true of any desktop client that you install. There aren't any known security issues with the client application.

It's quite sad what happened there considering how long wol has been a good companion for anyone interested in raid performance. Personally I started using warcraftlogs a couple of times by now and once enough people got used to it I probably won't use wol anymore.