1. #1

    Worth Coming back?

    After I have been away from the game for like 1 year and a half and missed alot of continent, do you think it is worth going back to hardcore raiding?

  2. #2
    Dreadlord taishar68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV USA
    Posts
    844
    This is far too subjective a question, in my opinion; you'll get so many different viewpoints. I'd try narrowing the question by defining what you consider hardcore, what you liked about raiding before, etc, so you can get better responses.

    I am in a normal raiding guild and we raid twice a week, unlikely that we'll get to heroic level. I have a lot of fun, because I like the group, but most raid fights have become a lot of steady movement/maximize procs type of affair (someone will suggest they always were, I suppose), but there are multiple tiers of difficulty and lots of ways to gear up.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

  3. #3
    You likely aren't going to "progress" much this expac. You need to level and gear up first. Then you need to prove your worth to a raiding guild. Most "hardcore" guilds are finished with progress or will be soon. What you can do is put yourself in a place where you will be accepted for Mythic raiding in the next expac.

  4. #4
    No, wait for WoD.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    No, wait for WoD.
    This, nothing worth coming back now tbh its too late imo.
    "True friends stab you in the front"

  6. #6
    well raiding for me was all about a bunch of people, that yes i did consider themselves a sub-family... ill take some opinions, get back in track, level up all chars and be ready for WoD

  7. #7
    Field Marshal Dreyken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Legoland
    Posts
    81
    I came back 3 weeks ago, didnt play in 1 week.

    People has so much more gear, in pvp and pve, it kinda sux.

    I had actually a lot of fun the first days, but it didnt last very long... i would come back if i were you.

  8. #8
    The Patient sourmonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Silvermoon City Casino and Strip Club
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    No, wait for WoD.
    this basically ^^ you will be able to level to 90 instantly with one toon that way your up to par on day one , a new exp pack means a new gearing process ie.

    dungeons-raids so you will be able to level to 100 and do dungeons and gear up for raids

  9. #9
    Dreadlord Fiana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    963
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberita View Post
    After I have been away from the game for like 1 year and a half and missed alot of continent, do you think it is worth going back to hardcore raiding?
    If you have a guild to return then wait 2-3 weeks until the next expansion.

    If you need to find a new guild then you better start looking right now, because guild climbing from scratch takes a while.
    Obviously, it depends on your previous experience. If you played in top50 guilds for few years and had many top1 wol records then finding a guild is not a problem. Gear is irrelevant here because gearing from scratch to bis would probably take just 4-6 weeks in 14/14 guild, especially if you have 2-nd alt 25man raid.

  10. #10
    experience wise I did have one good year with top 25 raiding progress, so as gameplay and reaction experience i seriously dont lack. Ill start searching for a suitable guild for me and prepare myself for the next exp

    Thanks alot for your backing _

  11. #11
    I do not like MoP as much as BC or WotLK. But I would suggest you wait for WoD because I think it will bring back some old great experiences.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by gugisloco View Post
    I do not like MoP as much as BC or WotLK. But I would suggest you wait for WoD because I think it will bring back some old great experiences.
    u people live in some sort of dreamland - WoD will land and it will be uual hwining and exackly what is now - some people will whine "its to much grind blizz we have army of alt and all of htem need to be raid ready" others will whien there is not enuff content blizz give us more , there will be usualy "they dont wanna take me to raids cause i dont have ahead of curve/xyz itlv and im super hiper mega awesme" then after first week will be "those dungeons too hard we to noob to cc nurf blizz nurf asap cause were to dumb to move out of fire and we cant join lfr but were too pro to do dungeons with guild and those ugly good players dont want us in group with them only they want to play with other good players nurf blizz nurf -_- " bla bla bla and other shit why game is worse and worse with eahc year -_-

    and about being hesistant to joining the already existed progress after long break - we have just got a new druid tank to our 8/14 hc team - he is a bit undergeared (flex gear mainly ) and little current tier normal experience but he got balls and enouff fight spirit that in few hours he got to one of the best endless wave resoults in proving ground on server to convince us to take him -_- and were super happy with his tanking -_- so anyone who comes after a break has no problem to join anything and enjoy mop -_-
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2014-01-07 at 04:28 PM.

  13. #13
    If you haven't played for that long, you'd be hard pressed to get back into hardcore raiding in a reasonable amount of time. Most guilds out there won't touch someone without the cloak/meta, and even with catch up mechanics you're looking at ~2 months or so depending on RNG.

    On the other hand, with the tweet about another PvP season coming, it will probably be quite awhile before WoD, so some raids might need some more raiders for farm content, as their raiders get bored.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    u people live in some sort of dreamland - WoD will land and it will be uual hwining and exackly what is now - some people will whine "its to much grind blizz we have army of alt and all of htem need to be raid ready" others will whien there is not enuff content blizz give us more , there will be usualy "they dont wanna take me to raids cause i dont have ahead of curve/xyz itlv and im super hiper mega awesme" then after first week will be "those dungeons too hard we to noob to cc nurf blizz nurf asap cause were to dumb to move out of fire and we cant join lfr but were too pro to do dungeons with guild and those ugly good players dont want us in group with them only they want to play with other good players nurf blizz nurf -_- " bla bla bla and other shit why game is worse and worse with eahc year -_-

    and about being hesistant to joining the already existed progress after long break - we have just got a new druid tank to our 8/14 hc team - he is a bit undergeared (flex gear mainly ) and little current tier normal experience but he got balls and enouff fight spirit that in few hours he got to one of the best endless wave resoults in proving ground on server to convince us to take him -_- and were super happy with his tanking -_- so anyone who comes after a break has no problem to join anything and enjoy mop -_-
    cool story bro, needs more "-_-"

    Edit: Wait for WoD unless you want to get some FoS's

  15. #15
    Like others have said just wait for WoD or maybe just before the release to come back. I just came back to the game after nine months back in November and I'm already bored out of my mind and thinking of taking another break.

  16. #16
    Not having the cloak is definitely an issue, i'd wait for WoD

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •