Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    You really should have thought of that before you became a fast food employee! (Just kidding - emperor's new groove reference about being peasants).

Anyway, I think a lot of people feel entitled and if something is wrong with their order they can't just talk normally and understand that crap happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    When they do their job properly and make my meal like its supposed to be (Like this picture), Then Ill thank them and maybe even offer a tip. Instead of getting a large fry box only half full and a sloppy sandwich that looks like someone sat on it, the sandwich should look like this and the fries should also be packaged like this. They are supposed to be in the box straight and overflowing.

If they arent going to make them look like that, then perhaps they should be required by law to have accurate pictures of what their food looks like on the menu, so you know what youre going to get. Its false advertising any other way

First, watch this and know you'll never get what it looks like:

MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because teachers use it as a form of boogyman. "Well, if you don't do my work can you say, "Would you like fries with that?"" Had a teacher with those kinds of signs all over the room. A real joy, poor freshmen. Too bad they'll learn that they may have to do it anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am generally nice to fast food workers but one time they didn't even put my burger on buns I kind of got a little mad.

Deleted
    I treat everyone with mutual respect and kindness.

When they do their job properly and make my meal like its supposed to be (Like this picture), Then Ill thank them and maybe even offer a tip. Instead of getting a large fry box only half full and a sloppy sandwich that looks like someone sat on it, the sandwich should look like this and the fries should also be packaged like this. They are supposed to be in the box straight and overflowing.

If they arent going to make them look like that, then perhaps they should be required by law to have accurate pictures of what their food looks like on the menu, so you know what youre going to get. Its false advertising any other way
    You know that food goes through as much makeup as a supermodel before the picture is taken, right? If it bothers you that much, make them to court over it. Honestly, you seem like the kind of person who is walking into the transaction absolutely waiting for something to be off because you just know it will be so you can have an excuse to get upset. Its a god damn burger. If they screw up and refuse to fix it, fine, get upset. It costs nothing to treat other people like actual people, even if you have massive contempt for the work that they do.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I work at McDonald's and while It's not the best paying job, it's a job nonetheless. I have witnessed a massive amount of disrespectful customers. I don't deal with them as I work in the back, but at least once a day you can hear people screaming and hollering because their order was messed up. The way they treat the front counter employees just make me sick. I can't quite understand why people think that just because you work at a fast food restaurant that you should be treated like a piece of dirt.
    why are you guys messing up orders atleast once every shift you have?

Deleted
    You have to understand one thing. People who disrespect others are the ones who have issues with themselves, most of the time it's lack of self-respect. Ignore those people, they need help and they know it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If people think it's beneath them they seem to feel it's ok to be disrespectful. Same kind of crap happens at other "low skill" jobs. Like retail jobs... some people are really rude to retail associates. I guess because you're just so lowly "unskilled" person they expect to act as servant to them. People don't even get the difference anymore between service and servitude... it's like any chance they can take to be treated as if they're VIP or something they'll take it - or force it. And most who come shopping there aren't anything special themselves.

Funny thing is, many of my co-workers (back when I used to work there) did have other more "respectable" jobs and were just doing it for some extra cash. Many of them would probably not have been looked down on if in the middle of their other job.

And then there are what, people, esp young ones, who are working retail, fast food, and other jobs while they are pursuing an education? Or those who's family has had some bad luck and took any job they could get at the time... and to have no job would be worse? People are such hypocrites.

I swear, the times I had no choice but to work those awful fitting rooms and had some customer comment that "at least it's [the mess in there] job security"... could have slapped them.

Actually, no, it wasn't. And they'd cut back, were short handed and what used to be two or more trying to deal with it was now just down to one.
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2014-01-03 at 10:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    You know that food goes through as much makeup as a supermodel before the picture is taken, right? If it bothers you that much, make them to court over it. Honestly, you seem like the kind of person who is walking into the transaction absolutely waiting for something to be off because you just know it will be so you can have an excuse to get upset. Its a god damn burger. If they screw up and refuse to fix it, fine, get upset. It costs nothing to treat other people like actual people, even if you have massive contempt for the work that they do.
    I do know they doctor the pictures. My point is if they cant physically make the food look like the pictures, then they should be forbidden from using them. They should be FORCED to portray an accurate product. Its false advertising to show anything else.

I do know they doctor the pictures. My point is if they cant physically make the food look like the pictures, then they should be forbidden from using them. They should be FORCED to portray an accurate product. Its false advertising to show anything else.
    I understand now. The first comment you made made it appear that if they didn't make the product like it looks in the picture it means you could be upset at them, as if you typically get your food looking like the picture most of the time.

was /confused
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Deleted
    I worked part-time at McDonald's while going to college (about 5 years ago) and I don't remember being treated badly.

Maybe there was one or two customers who were unfriendly, but nothing that stands out. Most people were decent. No one was outrageously unfriendly or treating me like shit as far as I remember.

I worked as a cashier at the regular counters or I worked at the drive-through. The co-workers and bosses were okay, too, at my store.