Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    For people wondering here is the list for AVs that detect the trojan. https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/8...c0344/analysis
    Last edited by mmoc3c935abe17; 2014-01-03 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jinreeko View Post
    how many times do they need to say that item squish won't affect soloing old raids?
    They said it "should not" affect not "will not" - how many times does Blizzard go back on what they said previously? Many times...

Until they produce the math that shows how they turn an exponential curve to a linear line and preserve the relative power difference (which is the core of what allows soloing) then people should remain skeptical. Because it's not a solvable problem where the same raid remains equal for at-level players and max-level players (since max-level players are currently 10X stronger than Wrath content, and squished would be something like 2X stronger). So either raid bosses become one-shot for players at the same level or max level players have to work a lot harder to solo the same boss.
    Last edited by stgeorge78; 2014-01-03 at 02:31 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    how many times do they need to say that item squish won't affect soloing old raids?
    To be fair, they keep saying that, but never explain how they'll do it, that's why people keep asking about it. If they succeed, that's fine, but a healthy dose of skepticism is never a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    You obviously haven't thought that through very well, you wouldn't be the only one that has the power to down vote people. Imagine every single time someone quits in lfr they down vote the entire raid just to spite them. Then there would be people down voting for silly reasons such as they just don't like them or they aren't specced the way you want them to be etc.
    Statistics have all kind of formulas to eliminate top and bottom votes, don't worry about it.

The whole reason people join guilds is because they want to raid with people on the same level their are, since Blizzard doesn't seem interested to do some kind of PVE rating, there really is no way to know if you are going to waste your time or not. Personally I'd like to know who I'm raiding with, because I don't wish to re-do progression on stuff I have already killed multiple times, and that's why I usually don't pug.

iLvl is really not the good metric to use here. But so far the answer from Blizzard has been "make your own group" to avoid match making with people you won't enjoy. This raid browser is a tool to make your own group, so it only makes sense there is some kind of way to build a group that, let's say, could kill a few heroic bosses.

If such a system existed where people could group up with people with same experience they have, it would be awesome. But then, what would be the point of raiding guilds lol. Some people think it's elitist to think that way, well, let's think of this as any sport, they have various levels in professional sports for a reason.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeb View Post
    For people wondering here is the list for AVs that detect the trojan. https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/8...c0344/analysis
    Detection is the first step, but I think people also want to know if any AV's can actually remove the trojan as well, particularly when Blizzard say they "have not been able to locate any anti-virus programs that will remove it besides just reformatting your system."!

I really wish there was some way that the low-life <insert your own appropriate insult> responsible for these trojans could be held accountable and punished for all the misery they cause!

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Wont work because the system will be open to abuse, though one way around that problem of abuse it to make it like the kick system in that every one in the raid group has to vote the person down a reputation level and not just one or four or whatever the kick system needs now.. But then again the problem of abusing the system still remains..
    Well, if letting it to the community doesn't work, then some kind of PVE rating similar to the PVP rating would definitively work better than ilvl as a metric.

Like I said, it would never happen, but it would be nice, and a very nice incentive for people to give an effort.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

"Will there be stronger moderation as well? It gets really annoying when a player obviously knows they can't be kicked. Because then they just troll it up and can't be removed.
    Just like non-Group Finder parties, the leader (or anyone they've promoted to assistant) will be able to kick players they feel necessary at any time."

I'm sorry, but this is not enough. There needs to be a rating system in place. Yeah sure you can kick that troll but there is nothing in place to stop him from just joining a new group and ruining that. The reason open raid works so well is the rating system. If you're horrible you soon find yourself unable to find a group. We need to go back to the old days when there were server communities and people got reputations. If you were a dick you would find yourself blacklisted. Cross server crap made a wave of anonymous assholes. Blizzard half assing this feature is making it just another joke like LFR is.

I dont know I never saw a good thing from Blizzard's "let the community police themselves" logic. To me it has never worked. I would like a Rockstar GTA online kinda thing where the problematic players/account are put in their own pool to group with.

Yes I know it will never happened, but one can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    You obviously haven't thought that through very well, you wouldn't be the only one that has the power to down vote people. Imagine every single time someone quits in lfr they down vote the entire raid just to spite them. Then there would be people down voting for silly reasons such as they just don't like them or they aren't specced the way you want them to be etc.
    It doesn't work that way. One person voting against you doesn't change your score. After a raid is completed you have a list of everyone in the raid. You vote on each member. It then takes all the votes and if a certain amount gave you a bad one your score goes down, or up if they voted positive. That way the moron that rage quit and wiped the group before he left has no power over the people he screwed over. But the majority of the raid can now affect his score. The very fact that a system is in place will have a tremendous affect on people's behavior. Not only is there incentive to be polite and do well, since they get a higher score, there is a fear in place of not wanting to get on a blacklist.

When they stop using the word "should" and start using "will" then we'll stop asking. I honestly think they'll screw this up bad.

does this post mean they're going to somehow remove LFR from the gearing treadmill for flex raiders?

i want to be able to quickly jump into flex mode raiding, and the ten weeks or whatever it takes to gear up in LFR on a new character is really too much for me.

I like the idea of making LFR even more noob friendly, possibly lowering ilvl to match like heroics +10 or whatever, and making Flex (searchable w/o 3rd party addons) the go-to progression option for good/decent players who don't have the time/commitment for a real raiding schedule.

I support this move and this logic Blizzard, thank you.

Still, I think you have to go one step further. Use Proving Grounds as a litmus test for joining group content. Would it be that hard? Redesign the Proving Grounds for WoD at 100 to actually make you learn and demonstrate how to effectively handle situations as a tank, healer, or DPS (including avoiding bad things, picking up adds, clicking objects, CC, etc.)

Like, you have to get a Bronze rating as Tank/Heal/DPS in PG to do Heroics LFD as T/H/D, Silver rating in PG as T/H/D to do LFR as that role, and Gold rating to do Flex.

Make minimum gear requirements to attempt Bronze/Silver/Gold challenges, make players really prove they understand mechanics and how to play their class before being allowed to have a DIRECT effect on other players enjoyment of the game. Done. Simple.

Deleted
    I am very much in favour of a ranking system as well.

It does need to be well thought through though so people can't/don't abuse it.

I have been very impressed with the oQ groups I have joined (I do Flex 2 for my transmog set quite a bit).

There is some sense of responsibility which is nice.

Until their braindead userbase finally grasps it which will probably be six years AFTER it takes place.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leaving the item level requirements up to the users is pretty much the worst idea ever for the group finder. Players have shown since BC at least that they have NO IDEA what the gear requirement for a raid/dungeon/etc is. The new group finder is most definitely NOT for the good player that doesn't have time or a set schedule to raid. Or I should say while that may be their intention, it won't work out that way. The good player with time issues is not going to have the ilevel requirement that idiotic players will set for content, and as such the system designed for them will become worthless to them. LFR remains king of the hill for people that can't fit a raid schedule to their life, woo. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by heerobya View Post
    I like the idea of making LFR even more noob friendly, possibly lowering ilvl to match like heroics +10 or whatever, and making Flex (searchable w/o 3rd party addons) the go-to progression option for good/decent players who don't have the time/commitment for a real raiding schedule.
    I'd be really happy about it too if the ilevel requirement wasn't left up to the players. If Blizzard set the ilevel, it would be set appropriately, and kicking people without an ilevel higher than required / higher than the reward would become too much of a hassle to even worry about. Then content would be more accessible and fit the intended audience.
    Last edited by RoKPaNda; 2014-01-03 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by heerobya View Post

I support this move and this logic Blizzard, thank you.

Still, I think you have to go one step further. Use Proving Grounds as a litmus test for joining group content. Would it be that hard? Redesign the Proving Grounds for WoD at 100 to actually make you learn and demonstrate how to effectively handle situations as a tank, healer, or DPS (including avoiding bad things, picking up adds, clicking objects, CC, etc.)

Like, you have to get a Bronze rating as Tank/Heal/DPS in PG to do Heroics LFD as T/H/D, Silver rating in PG as T/H/D to do LFR as that role, and Gold rating to do Flex.

Make minimum gear requirements to attempt Bronze/Silver/Gold challenges, make players really prove they understand mechanics and how to play their class before being allowed to have a DIRECT effect on other players enjoyment of the game. Done. Simple.
    I would prefer if they made tutorials. Other games have them. I think it's stupid that people need to go watch fan made videos on youtube in order to learn the fights. They should have a solo instance where you go to say, immerseus. It's you and 24 AI characters. And it shows you what the fight will be like, explains the mechanics and allows you to try it. In order to queue for a wing you need to complete each boss tutorial. I've been noticing a ton of people in flex groups that have no idea what is happening. Look at Lei Shen. People running away when they get static shock. People running to the overcharged platform and hanging out there like idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Rude Hero View Post
    does this post mean they're going to somehow remove LFR from the gearing treadmill for flex raiders?

i want to be able to quickly jump into flex mode raiding, and the ten weeks or whatever it takes to gear up in LFR on a new character is really too much for me.
    I suspect heroic 5 mans are going to be the gearing precursor for Flex, and normal 5 mans for LFR (and that LFR and heroic 5 mans and possibly world TI-like content will have similar gear levels).
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

WoW progress is currently reporting guilds that have merged server players as LFR raids and not as normal or heroic raids. So these numbers should be higher than currently being reported.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Wont work because the system will be open to abuse, though one way around that problem of abuse it to make it like the kick system in that every one in the raid group has to vote the person down a reputation level and not just one or four or whatever the kick system needs now.. But then again the problem of abusing the system still remains..

As my bit above says there would be a high probability of people abusing the system..
    Honestly, who cares, who is going to abuse the system and why? The whole raid doesn't need to vote, just the majority, because I know for sure there will be people who "just don't care" and won't vote either way.

Look at the ribbons in LoL, if you give out bad reviews to players a lot, your reviews are worth less, and same goes for the good ones. So if you abuse the system and give everyone a lot of negative ratings, it'll stop being worth anything.

Sounds like the plan is:

Dungeons (same) -> LFR (easier than on live)

Heroics (much harder) -> Flex (about the same as on live)

Heroic Raids

Mythic Raids

Completely separate dungeon->LFR progression for the site seer and heroic-flex for the PUG who are not bad and want progression, leave Heroic for guilds and mythic for top 1-2%.

I like it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeb View Post
    For people wondering here is the list for AVs that detect the trojan.
    I got hacked too even with my authenticator. Maybe i got this fake curse trojan too...
    So what you posted means Avast cant detect this trojan? Its sad. I use spaybot search and destroy 1.6.2 and malwarebytes too, but they cant detect it either.