Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidstrider View Post
    I was under the impression that Vials was guaranteed for Alchemists but not for any other professions, which may have been why people considered it a yo-dawg RNG. Have any max level (at least cata levels) Alchemists been incredibly unsuccessful with getting the recipe? I got mine on the very first jar my alchemist opened.
    It's in no way 100% drop.. I got it in the 9th jar..
    A guildie, from my old guild, had (when I last spoke to him) opened 25 jars, without the recipe dropping...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Thanks for the reply ! I usually never have such good luck with rare things Now I might think twice about dropping alch on that character although I already made the mount . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Voidstrider View Post
    I was under the impression that Vials was guaranteed for Alchemists but not for any other professions, which may have been why people considered it a yo-dawg RNG. Have any max level (at least cata levels) Alchemists been incredibly unsuccessful with getting the recipe? I got mine on the very first jar my alchemist opened.
    It's not guaranteed from a Canopic Jar as an Alchemist but you will only ever get one if you're an Alchemist.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Dig in Pandaria, turn complete artifacts into boxed artifacts. Turn in boxed artifacts at the seat of knowledge for Tol'vir fragments is also a viable method of getting the fragments you need.
    This here works great! Would do this if i where you.

Been at this for a few days on and off. Completed nearly 100 artifacts and have yet to draw a single jar. RNG hates me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dismack View Post
    Been at this for a few days on and off. Completed nearly 100 artifacts and have yet to draw a single jar. RNG hates me!
    ...500+ solves for Tol'vir. No mount. RNG and I are at odds as well.

500+ solves and no mount... Come on i'm calling Bull*/#@ on this... So what you've spend what 1000's of farming and gotten nothing? Bull%$^#. It takes a while NOT 500+ solves.

Also I'm not really sure if it was changed but I've gotten the recipe in early cata on my warlock who is tailor/JC, so unless they changed it you can get the recipe on none alchy toons.

Vial was easy for my mage....first tolvir solve was a jar and in that jar, well, you know. =P
    The mount on the other hand....i'm over 400 solves now with AND without the bugged item that was fixed. I think it may never happen....
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Those are the fields where the challenging and engaging raid mechanics for Classic are grown. See that they lay barren.

Unfortunately none of my alchs have leveled up arch, but I did get lucky and just buy a vial off the AH tonight for 20k which works just fine for me.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was ;ucky - I got it on my 4th Canopic Jar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Dig in Pandaria, turn complete artifacts into boxed artifacts. Turn in boxed artifacts at the seat of knowledge for Tol'vir fragments is also a viable method of getting the fragments you need.
    ^This is probably the most efficient path to doing so. I haven't tried it myself, as my alchemists are nowhere near level cap, much less max level skill.. and neither has max Archaeology. (The 'joys' of alt-o-holicsm.)

#FlightIsImportant

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkeifrex View Post
    500+ solves and no mount... Come on i'm calling Bull*/#@ on this... So what you've spend what 1000's of farming and gotten nothing? Bull%$^#. It takes a while NOT 500+ solves.

Also I'm not really sure if it was changed but I've gotten the recipe in early cata on my warlock who is tailor/JC, so unless they changed it you can get the recipe on none alchy toons.
    Just noticed this - I will screen shot my solves and lack of mount when I get home! Up to 525+ now Cheers!
    I HAVE gotten the ring, the claw, and something else - but no mount...which is what I am whining about, lol. Also, have 300+ solves on one alt - same three rare solves I have on my main. Just leveled a new toon's archy to try her rng as well. Trust me - I want it badly.

If you have time to farm for the recipe AND are lucky enough to get it (like I was ) you will have time to farm for the mats and sell for a pretty penny... Mine usually sell for between 45K-47K investment to make is about 29k (plus farming) nice profit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkeifrex View Post
    IIRC, the recipe has never been available to characters who are non-Alchemists (fully metal or not.) If you somehow actually did manage to receive it on a character that isn't an alchemist, that'd be a bug in my book.

#FlightIsImportant

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=arkeifrex;25318097]500+ solves and no mount... Come on i'm calling Bull*/#@ on this... So what you've spend what 1000's of farming and gotten nothing? Bull%$^#. It takes a while NOT 500+ solves.

QUOTE]

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...1&l=1314ce5589

Don't know if this works - but giving it a go