Deleted

account unlocks ?

hello
    i did just buy and unluck 3 crew skills for my account last night, but it only seem to Work on the server that i was on while useing it ? did think it was account unlock not server unlock or is it a bug ?
    Last edited by mmoc639068bef8; 2014-01-03 at 10:09 AM.

Deleted
    from what I know, there are know account wide unlocks, only character and legacy unlocks. so yes, the unlocks only work for the legacy you bought them on

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    you have to buy the GTN unlocks that say (account) next to the unlock name or its going to be restricted to that character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Deleted
    Did buy the account one, but did make a ticket and it was a bug and they fixed it today but thanks for the reply

Account unlocks are generally server-bound (for as far as I'm aware).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Account unlocks are generally server-bound (for as far as I'm aware).
    Wait, really? In game it says that they are applied to all characters on the current account. If they are server-bound, then it is just horrible.

I'm moving from Europe to the US this summer for, at least, 5 years. Does it mean that I will lose all my unlocks since I will play on American servers?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trashia View Post
    Did buy the account one, but did make a ticket and it was a bug and they fixed it today but thanks for the reply
    Quoting this before people runaway with crazy ideas that they are robbing people. It was a bug, it was fixed. Account wide means account wide, not server wide.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Quoting this before people runaway with crazy ideas that they are robbing people. It was a bug, it was fixed. Account wide means account wide, not server wide.
    ^^Yup, checked this in game by rolling a new character on another server (EU even. Normally play on NA servers.) All previously purchased account wide unlocks are present and accounted for. Legacy purchases stayed server specific and oddly enough I have two extra character slots on this new server. It was a nice surprise since I thought those server character slot unlocks were server specific.

If you bought an account wide unlock that didn't work, contact support.
    Currently playing: GW, TORTANIC.
    Still visit: TSW, W*, GW2, Rift, LOTRO, ESO.
    Endure. In enduring, grow strong.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Wait, really? In game it says that they are applied to all characters on the current account. If they are server-bound, then it is just horrible.

I'm moving from Europe to the US this summer for, at least, 5 years. Does it mean that I will lose all my unlocks since I will play on American servers?
    I'd rely more on the tooltip than on my word, if I were you.

Maybe you could ask an EA employee, with the customer service thing, or look at the FAQ.