Deleted

Wordpress themes & info

Feel free to move this somewhere else if it shouldn't be here. It just seems like the right place.

How do you go about picking a wordpress theme? Has anyone got any suggestions on some good ones? I'd like one that allows for it to be customized within the theme itself so I don't have to edit any CSS. I've found multiple that allow for that, but they aren't exactly what I'm looking for. I've got a site up right now that's incredibly simple www.ryanhood.co.uk. That theme is expound and it is featured, and while it doesn't offer much customization, it does the job. I mean, if you look at it it's mostly 'designed' through the post itself. However, I want to create another site that's more of an image portfolio and expound is too simple for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    You want a theme that allows you to edit it's CSS from the theme itself?
    PM me weird stuff :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    You want a theme that allows you to edit it's CSS from the theme itself?
    Yes, ones that have 'Theme options' under appearance. Many allow that, but I can't find good ones.

Edit: What software do people use to design there own sites nowadays? I doubt they use Microsoft homepage anymore.
    Last edited by mmoc6dd45b8008; 2014-01-03 at 12:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Yes, ones that have 'Theme options' under appearance. Many allow that, but I can't find good ones.

Edit: What software do people use to design there own sites nowadays? I doubt they use Microsoft homepage anymore.
    I use notepad++ :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    I use notepad++ :P
    Whoa now, don't get too fancy on us. I'm still using the plain ol Notepad & photoshop.... and dreamweaver(if i feel like switching it up)

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the built in syntax check on notepad++
    But, on serious note, people use frameworks.

thanks buddy, it helped me as well,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post

Joomla is considered to be a better alternative than wordpress. I was taught that wordpress was a "no go" zone.