Deleted

help with solo arthas 25hero. keep dying

Hi, to begin with, I already solo this with my ilvl577 shadow w/o a problem.

Now though I'm trying to solo it with my ilvl 536 blood dk, a few days back I was hitting enrage timer but was getting though frostmourne phase w/o a problem.

Today though I keep getting killed inside by Harvest Soul hitting me for 1000m.

I kill adds as much as I can also I don't get hit by this purple spheres.

I am kinda clueless on what is killing me.

Ps. i have a monk in grp just for the buffs. but he's dead since sec 1.

Ghouls being alive from phase 1, when you enter the frostmourne room will result in you just being killed.
    Aslong as all the ghouls are dead its not a problem, this does NOT apply to shamblers they can be alive till the end.

Note: shamblers can bug out the rp but you can just run in and kill them/survive the frostmourne explosion and kill them.

Deleted
    go figure.. ok thx for the help, will kill them before sword phase.
    Last edited by mmoc4884ccce8f; 2014-01-04 at 01:11 PM.

Deleted
    I messaged a GM about this a few months back. Apparently, the shambling horrors are the ones causing you to die inside Frostmourne. So I advice you to simply keep dotting them up and kill them off before starting the 2nd transition phase.

Edit: Ok, seems like it may have been the ghouls as mentioned above. I didn't test this out too much, as I'm one-shotting it every week while dotting up all the adds.

Deleted
    I'm not that good at dks so i do need these for the dps increase, but i will just try and kill them off at the second transition phase , thx

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rene27906 View Post
    I'm not that good at dks so i do need these for the dps increase, but i will just try and kill them off at the second transition phase , thx
    What DPS increase? Vengeance doesn't work that way anymore, you most likely won't notice a difference in DPS unless you mean you need them for AoE DPS, in which case I'm sure you realise that doesn't help you kill the boss.

Deleted
    You don't have to focus on them, you just have to use Rolling Blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleT View Post
    I messaged a GM about this a few months back.
    A bit off-topic, but people really contact GM's because of some boss mechanics done the way they aren't designed to? No wonder the queues are so long if people use it as boss soloing guide... :|

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    A bit off-topic, but people really contact GM's because of some boss mechanics done the way they aren't designed to? No wonder the queues are so long if people use it as boss soloing guide... :|
    Queues are long because they put unimportant issues such as this on a low priority. The real reason the queues are long are because of people asking really stupid things that you most likely won't ever see mentioned on MMO-C.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    What DPS increase? Vengeance doesn't work that way anymore, you most likely won't notice a difference in DPS unless you mean you need them for AoE DPS, in which case I'm sure you realise that doesn't help you kill the boss.
    More mobs = more chances to Parry (and Parry Haste to some degree) = more Runic Power = more Rune Strikes = more DPS

As for OP you shouldn't be having that much of an issue at 536 unless your weapon and trinkets are severely underpar. Would you mind linking your armory? Also, if you have future DK soloing questions ask in the DK Solo Thread. As for some general tips:

1. DPS LK during the transitions. You can get around 10% of his life from both transition phases if you do them correctly. Survival shouldn't be an issue with your item level, just dance around LK if you get silenced and an Ice Sphere is coming..
    2. Use all consumable buffs that you can get your hands on (Str flask, Kings Drums, Scroll of Fortitude, Str pots, Bloodlust Drums).
    3. Use DRW on cd, exceptions being around transition where DRW Blood Boil will help to one shot the Ice Spheres.
    4. Use Outbreak with every DRW to get double diseases on LK.
    5. Since adds being alive is an issue talent for Roiling Blood. Damage from diseases and Blood Boil to spread/refresh diseases should be sufficient to kill all adds (yes, this includes Shamblings and Raging Spirits)
    6. Glyph of Regenerative Magic will give you more AMS usage which in turn allows you to prevent Infest applications and get more Runic Power throughout the fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    I doubt anyone actually made a ticket and said: "Ghouls are one shotting me in the Frostmourne room on the Lich King encounter because I am not killing them WTF." People obviously make those tickets because they have no idea what is causing it and how to prevent it.

Deleted
    Sure.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Golumar/simple

I tried reforging for haste. that didn't work so I went crit.

I have to say this char was just there for the professions. and just recently started to gear him up a bit.

1. DPS LK during the transitions. You can get around 10% of his life from both transition phases if you do them correctly. Survival shouldn't be an issue with your item level, just dance around LK if you get silenced and an Ice Sphere is coming..
    I see. I was just focusing those Raging Spirits, and did 0 dps on LK couse of those Spheres.

Have a few busy work days now. but I surely gona test this again, on first transition I will just keep focusing Raging Spirits and will kill ghouls on the second transition.

thx for the info, didn't know there was a Dk solo thread

More mobs = more chances to Parry (and Parry Haste to some degree) = more Runic Power = more Rune Strikes = more DPS
    Exactly that!

Have a few busy work days now. but I surely gona test this again, on first transition I will just keep focusing Raging Spirits and will kill ghouls on the second transition.

thx for the info, didn't know there was a Dk solo thread
    Um, don't do the bolded thing. The only times you should ever target something other than LK are:

1. Remorseless Winter and you're afraid of surviving (focus Raging Spirits while standing on stairs)
    2. Inside Frostmourne

At all other times your only target should be LK. Your cleave from Blood Boil (and diseases)/D&D Crimson Scourge procs along with Heart Strikes when unable to DS or RS is all you need to kill anything that isn't LK.

15+ Year Old Account
    Get these glyphs: Vampiric Blood and Outbreak, re-fresh diseases with outbreak NOT Blood boil (you can outbreak while silenced) to keep as many mobs on u for big vengeance, aka dmg boost
    Change talents to: Death Pact and Runic Corruption from Conversion and Runic Empowerment
    Get an macro /target Sphere /cast Runestrike, and 2nd macro, for /cast Death Strike /target Lich king, it helps A LOT in the transition phases, will help u squeeze out more dps
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Get these glyphs: Vampiric Blood and Outbreak, re-fresh diseases with outbreak NOT Blood boil (you can outbreak while silenced) to keep as many mobs on u for big vengeance, aka dmg boost
    Change talents to: Death Pact and Runic Corruption from Conversion and Runic Empowerment
    Get an macro /target Sphere /cast Runestrike, and 2nd macro, for /cast Death Strike /target Lich king, it helps A LOT in the transition phases, will help u squeeze out more dps
    Since the Vengeance nerf the advantage of having a lot of adds was reduced for DKs mostly to infinite Runic Power. With current gear there isn't much reason anyway to keeping adds alive past phase 1.