Mage: build to solo chronicles?

I wonder if there is a specc for mage to solo chronicles with that not need harbinger? I dont have SL souls yet^^

I was thinking to be able to solo 2man Chronicles, for getting some last piece of gear. Or do you have to be way better geared to be able to solo them?
    Also what is a good specc for doing them with 2ppl? Tried 2 of them and failed horrible, my fault or his/her? No clue :P

Is Chloromancer a great specc for them? Or is 2x DPS the way to go, also any good place to find tacts for them? If its not build problem its tactics problem for me^^
    Atm it feels like im way to undergeared, but why do I wanna do Chronicles when I am raid geared?

Thanks for hlep
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

Necromancer/Warlock. Any of the pet souls offers great solo potential. Necromancer is one of the best in that regard.

Elementalist works too, but I found the combination of Ele/Archon, /Dom, /SC, /Chloro to be less elegant and durable than Necro/Lock.

Tactics wise, play smart. Some of the chronicles are quite easy. Others are tuned to be a little more challenging at intended gear levels. Use your CC abilities, take your time clearing, avoid over pulls, figure out what trash is worth fighting and which are worth skipping. Et cetera.

Also use the gimmicks. Every Chron has some sort of gimmick or items you can use to overcome a challenging situation. Pay attention and use them.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2014-01-03 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Necromancer/Warlock. Any of the pet souls offers great solo potential. Necromancer is one of the best in that regard.

Elementalist works too, but I found the combination of Ele/Archon, /Dom, /SC, /Chloro to be less elegant and durable than Necro/Lock.

Tactics wise, play smart. Some of the chronicles are quite easy. Others are tuned to be a little more challenging at intended gear levels. Use your CC abilities, take your time clearing, avoid over pulls, figure out what trash is worth fighting and which are worth skipping. Et cetera.

Also use the gimmicks. Every Chron has some sort of gimmick or items you can use to overcome a challenging situation. Pay attention and use them.
    I was into Necro/Lock for pet, +death/dot dmg and dots ticking while casting Soul Purge Guess I will polish my Necro specc

What Chronicles are the "easy" ones and what are the more challenging? Anyway to know? :P Thanks for info otherwise
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

What Chronicles are the "easy" ones and what are the more challenging? Anyway to know? :P Thanks for info otherwise
    I think they are easy to hard based on their counter part in tier. For example, the introduction is the easiest. Greenscale is a little tougher, HK a little tougher than Greenscale, etc. Roughly.

However, I often have a skewed POV of difficulty in Rift. I am fully raid geared, play with an organized guild and only play a tank class with seriousness. So what I find "easy" or "hard" can be quite different from a non-plate wearer or non-raid geared player.

It is hard w/o raid gear.
    If you really want to try, bring many potions.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I used to solo them quite often on a Chloro/Lock. Not very hard tbh. Was never in raid gear or in a guild.