Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Engineering and BS as other have said.

However engineering and Alchemy for BiS Cmode trinket! Such value!

Wait, whats wrong with JC?

Quote Originally Posted by QuiksLE View Post
    Wait, whats wrong with JC?
    Primary stat JC only gems (i.e. Int, Agi, etc) give +320 stats compared to 160 for regular gems. That means that the profession bonus for JC is +320 INT if you use INT gems. However, the secondary stat JC gems (Crit, Mastery, Haste, Spirit, etc.) are only +480, while the regular gems are +320, which means that if you want a Crit, Haste or Mastery profession bonus, you only get 320, just like if you choose INT.

JC overall profession bonus = 320 INT, 320 Crit, 320 Haste or 320 Mastery

However, BS gives you two extra free prismatic sockets to put two regular gems in. The regular gems give either 160 INT or 320 Crit/Haste/Mastery

That means that the BS overall profession bonus = 320 INT, 640 Crit, 640 Haste or 640 Mastery.

BS is twice as good as JC if secondary stats are better for you to gem than INT. Of course, no one is going to gem secondaries over INT at a 1:1 ratio, but you still have to use existing red gem sockets for INT gems (when using an orange gem would be more optimal) or a prismatic socket (where a yellow gem is typically more optimal). This makes JC actually worse than any of the other static stat profession bonuses like Alchemy, Enchanting, Inscription and LW. It is effectively the worst non-gathering profession you can have.

I am a huge fan of my set.. Engineering and Enchanting! You get a solid personal DPS cooldown from engineering plus lots of goodies AND ring enchants from enchanting!

What is the difference, talking about stats, between enchanting (rings) and Leatherwork / Alchemy / JC ?
    320 from rings and 320 from flask is still 320, no ?

Deleted
    all proffesions are on the same level none are BETTER to have imo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ProllyDaBest View Post
    all proffesions are on the same level none are BETTER to have imo
    except engi and blacksmithing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellgrazr View Post
    every crafting profession gives 320 to your mainstat except tailoring which gives you a proc. pick any 2 crafting professions
    Don't think engineering does. You get the gloves tinker thing.
    Jewelcrafting lets you choose which bonus stat you get based on the Jewelcrafting only gems.
    Blacksmithing also lets you choose which bonus stat you want in the form of the gem type you choose for the extra sockets.

Leatherworking, Inscription, enchhanting, alchemy are all equal to each other. These crafting professions only really give you a choice of agi, int or strength.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by earthan View Post
    except engi and blacksmithing.
    and jewelcrafting. You can use jewelcrafter only haste, mastery crit gems etc as a jewelcrafter. Most of the other crafting professions only give bonus agi, str or int. For some classes maybe secondary stats are better.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2014-01-05 at 05:42 AM.

Deleted
    Maybe I'm slow on this one, but I sim secondary stats > Intellect since mid ToT. Doesn't this actually make JC at least as good as other professions?

Okay, so it seems like some people aren't understanding why JC is broken. As elemental, we're not gemming for straight intellect anymore in a competitive raiding environment. The JC gems are worthless for secondary stats because it is only a 50% increase to mastery/haste compared to the 100% increase to primary stats. Maybe worthless is a strong word, but they're sub-par, and there are better options available.

Like someone already mentioned, Engi + Tailoring if you can track procs and wanna loldmg during ascendance, and Engi + BS for an overall higher dps output due to synapse springs lining up with every ascendance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Don't think engineering does. You get the gloves tinker thing.
    Jewelcrafting lets you choose which bonus stat you get based on the Jewelcrafting only gems.
    and jewelcrafting. You can use jewelcrafter only haste, mastery crit gems etc as a jewelcrafter. Most of the other crafting professions only give bonus agi, str or int. For some classes maybe secondary stats are better.
    no. Synapse springs equals out to a +320 int gain over the duration of the fight, but you get it all at once as a on use 1920 int for 10 seconds on a 1 min CD.

the JC gems for haste/mastery/crit don't outweigh the benefits of +320 int from whichever other professions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Maybe I'm slow on this one, but I sim secondary stats > Intellect since mid ToT. Doesn't this actually make JC at least as good as other professions?
    What you sim is: 2x secondary stats > 1x int. Reason for that is the double secondary stat budget on gems (e.g. 80 int 160 haste gems). If that wouldn't exist we would still be gemming straight int, since sim should still show that int is flat out better than secondary stats. It's just no longer twice as good as the secondary stats, like it used to be at low gearlevels at the start of the expansion. And the secondary JC gems are not 2x the value of the int onces, hence why they are considered 'broken'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
    Okay, so it seems like some people aren't understanding why JC is broken. As elemental, we're not gemming for straight intellect anymore in a competitive raiding environment. The JC gems are worthless for secondary stats because it is only a 50% increase to mastery/haste compared to the 100% increase to primary stats. Maybe worthless is a strong word, but they're sub-par, and there are better options available.

Like someone already mentioned, Engi + Tailoring if you can track procs and wanna loldmg during ascendance, and Engi + BS for an overall higher dps output due to synapse springs lining up with every ascendance.

- - - Updated - - -

no. Synapse springs equals out to a +320 int gain over the duration of the fight, but you get it all at once as a on use 1920 int for 10 seconds on a 1 min CD.

the JC gems for haste/mastery/crit don't outweigh the benefits of +320 int from whichever other professions.
    Read what has been written and you'd know why engi is better then any other profession.

Also JC is the worst profession atm. Merely because you have to replace 2 int+mastery (orange) with 2 pure intellect. The secondary stats gems for JC are fucked, don't use them; they are only 50% stronger then regular secondary stat gems, whereas the primary stats gems for JC are 100%.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I've got LW and Tailoring, which is quite neat with all the various self-enchants, such as legs, cloak and bracers.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Only if secondary stats sim as better than INT on a 1:1 level. If you use secondary stat gems, you get 320 secondary stats compared to 160 INT, so secondary stats only need to exceed 50% of the value of INT to be worth gemming. Are you sure they are exceeding 50% or exceeding 100%? If they aren't exceeding 100%, JC is going to be the worst profession.

This may seem like a dumb questions, but is anyone taking Herb for the Haste?

Quote Originally Posted by Volant View Post
    This may seem like a dumb questions, but is anyone taking Herb for the Haste?
    It's not enough haste to be worth more than 320 int. Some people do take it, but it's not as strong as crafting professions, so for min/maxing, no.

Quote Originally Posted by earthan View Post
    Read what has been written and you'd know why engi is better then any other profession.

Also JC is the worst profession atm. Merely because you have to replace 2 int+mastery (orange) with 2 pure intellect. The secondary stats gems for JC are fucked, don't use them; they are only 50% stronger then regular secondary stat gems, whereas the primary stats gems for JC are 100%.
    I know, if you read what I wrote both times, neither was in favor of JC, and in my previous post i was clarifying for Paulioso that you get the +320 int (on average) through the use of Synapse Springs. You basically just reworded what I just posted...

Engineering & BS.

Herbalism isnt so bad. U dont have 2min offensive cd but used along with eng on ascendance gives u a nice bonus for burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    Only if secondary stats sim as better than INT on a 1:1 level.
    There's really no gearing level where it's worth gemming int, in fact at my level the 320int only comes out very slightly ahead of the 480 secondary you get from JC. Maybe in the ilvl470 range 320 int is clearly better than secondaries? At any rate, not worth gearing/considering for an item level you'll be at for no longer than about 20 minutes on timeless isle