Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think, huge long questlines are good, I quiet enjoyed the legendary cloak line, BUT, I think they should add dungeons to the next one to loot things from, aswell as world bosses.
    More things in game to keep me occupied on is good.

I'm just afraid people will "feel forced" (which is a lie) to do the questline and complain about its length.. if ANYTHING substantial is gained from completing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I'm just afraid people will "feel forced" (which is a lie) to do the questline and complain about its length.. if ANYTHING substantial is gained from completing it.
    Well it is a forced part of optimization.

I really don't think a quest for LFR should be a required Bart of maximizing your characters potential, especially those raiding above LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    the old dungeon gear upgrade quest line was a bit of fun, i liked the feel of it. timed baron runs were a good source of gold for me in vanilla.

The rogue dagger chain wasn't too bad either, nice bit of difficulty towards the beginning.

I haven't even started the cloak chain, i suppose i should.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    The original quest (besides opening AQ) only gained its completer a mount. Make any new ones give vanity rewards: mounts, pets, special transmogrification sets. Nothing of consequence (ie. no stats) so you're not forced to do it.

But make no mistake, if you want to join a guild that's even slightly competent, you very much are forced to get the cloak first. No cloak? No guild worth joining will take you.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Having completed the original Shifting Sands questline in late Wrath (rushing to complete before Cataclysm), I answer with a resounding YES. Even though I was cheesing the encounters, it was still very fun and exploratory. I also want some class quests, but that's a separate discussion.
    Stabby stab stab.
    Avatar courtesy of Kelly Aarons of woweh.com

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    The original quest (besides opening AQ) only gained its completer a mount. Make any new ones give vanity rewards: mounts, pets, special transmogrification sets. Nothing of consequence (ie. no stats) so you're not forced to do it.

But make no mistake, if you want to join a guild that's even slightly competent, you very much are forced to get the cloak first. No cloak? No guild worth joining will take you.
    I'm a mount collector, now I am forced! to do this insanely long questline! OMG!

I wasn't a raider at the time, or even in a guild that had much in the way of active members, but the AQ event still stands out as one of the most interesting and fun things in the game primarily due to the way it pulled all of the players on the entire server together. You got the feeling you could be of assistance from the moment you were able to reach the city used to donate materials to the effort.

It was the feeling that hundreds or thousands of fellow players were working together that really made the event memorable, not the quest chain, not access to AQ40. We were working together to bring a long term change to our server, and that was just so neat.

I like the idea of a similar event used to update our broken cities, though more for the cooperative effort rather than competitive.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredSausage View Post
    fixed it for you!
    I like it how you assume anyone who wants to play better than you is arrogant. An excellent way to respond.

We need more one time events like that. They bring the server together and I heard it was really fun on PvP servers. I would like to see the window extended after first completion though. Like after the first person finishes it then you can still do the turn ins for a few days. Still keeps it meaningful but doesnt force you to rush through it while playing 24/7 and praying RNG likes you. The first person to finish it gets a special mount and title then the others get a lesser one but still something unique.

10+ Year Old Account
    we certainly need more chains like it in wow

it keeps the world alive... so many world bosses!

Wouldn't mind more mini bosses / running around collecting things from dangerous places... but no more rep grinds ;_;

Yes absolutely, provided they're for cosmetic rewards or something.

As cool and wacky as that quest chain was, in future I'd prefer my longass quest chains to connect better to the main universe lore. The Warlock green fire chain had some great lore. Like that but longer :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    well the scepter quest... IT HAD MALFURION... BEFORE CATA

hipster quest chain