10+ Year Old Account

Filling my 10m Roster – raid-comp tips and opinions

Hello guys, title is kinda self-explanatory, but let's go!

My 10m group is being reformed. We lost 01 main healer (MW Monk) and 01 DPS (Fury Warrior). And sadly I can’t have my third Healer (Resto Druid) log in for like 2 weeks.

So, would love some opinions about Classes/Roles I should start looking after.

Buff-wise, we just ‘miss’ Spell Haste, that can be covered by our hunter.

That’s the actual raid comp:
    http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000

My thoughts:
    - 01 Good Warlock – Really hard to find on my server.
    - 02 DPS with Heal OS – Since the druid WILL(!!) come back. Thinking about Shaman (Enhance and/or Elemental) because of the insane off-healing capacity.
    - 01 Warrior for Banners/Rallying Cry

Yeah, I like the idea of 11/12+ players to rotate/cover absences :X

Just for info, we’re 7/14h atm and used to 2 heal most fights (but Iron Jugg, with 3), that’s why that hybrid love.

Token-wise that’d be:
    4 roll on Vanquisher (+1 with the Druid)
    3 roll on Conqueror
    3 roll on Protector (+1 with the Warrior)

Please, share your thoughts and tips.

Thanks in advance

PS: I know I prolly should kick every DPS and stack Warlocks, but sadly, that won’t happen, for now
    Violence awaits. You can burn with me in hell. Viva la hate!

If you can get:
    1 Warlock
    1 Full time Resto Shaman (crit gear)
    1 Elemental Shaman with resto OS (mastery gear)
    1 Range dps with healing OS

You don't want to have more than 2 melee dps for H Malkorok.

Our raid setup:
    http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000
    Warrior has tanking OS, Moonkin and Ele resto OS.

Deleted
    I would get 1 warlock and 1 moonkin for sure. The moonkin could keep a restoration off spec. You should also probably get either a mistweaver or a restoration shaman.
    I would not get a warrior as you already have two melees. Warriors are super good to have though, kinda sucks you do not have one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well thanks!

As I can see, grab a lock and no moar melees. I can live with that. And our DK says "YAY TY".

About the Healer, our Resto Druid had to do some kind of medical surgery and will be back in a few (like 2 weeks at most). Since the Monk left, we've been two healing (he's really good), and thats why I'm not really sure I should get another full time healer...

Edit: Got an Ele!
    Last edited by Drugshock; 2014-01-04 at 01:43 AM.

Deleted
    You dont want ele shamans, theyre useless DPS in singletarget fights. As many GOOD locks as possible. And if you have a Resto Shaman, he can go Enha for offspec. Its about 30% better singletarget dps. Ele shaman with restogear will compete with your disco priests (almost).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    You dont want ele shamans, theyre useless DPS in singletarget fights. As many GOOD locks as possible. And if you have a Resto Shaman, he can go Enha for offspec. Its about 30% better singletarget dps. Ele shaman with restogear will compete with your disco priests (almost).
    There is nothing wrong with an Ele at all. We were sporting an Ele/Resto as third healer without any issues. He was able to keep up very well with the rest of the dpsers regardless of not being a dps player, he had been playing healer for years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drugshock View Post
    Well thanks!

As I can see, grab a lock and no moar melees. I can live with that. And our DK says "YAY TY".

About the Healer, our Resto Druid had to do some kind of medical surgery and will be back in a few (like 2 weeks at most). Since the Monk left, we've been two healing (he's really good), and thats why I'm not really sure I should get another full time healer...

If both of your healers are reliable there is no need for a third. Almost every fight is a two heal fight and the few that requires three, just having someone go OS healing is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Drugshock View Post
    Well thanks!

Three fulltime healers is always nice to have since nobody can guarantee 100% attendance.

2 locks if you can get them

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: Nvm just lost the shaman again. w00t!
    Last edited by Drugshock; 2014-01-06 at 02:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    There is nothing wrong with an Ele at all. We were sporting an Ele/Resto as third healer without any issues. He was able to keep up very well with the rest of the dpsers regardless of not being a dps player, he had been playing healer for years.

- - - Updated - - -

If both of your healers are reliable there is no need for a third. Almost every fight is a two heal fight and the few that requires three, just having someone go OS healing is enough.
    That only tells that you dont have good DPSers if your ele shaman can keep up. You cant just come and say "eles fine they top our raids meters" as theres plenty of data that says elemental sucks in every fight except Galakras ground duty, and even there theyre only mediocre, not best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    That only tells that you dont have good DPSers if your ele shaman can keep up. You cant just come and say "eles fine they top our raids meters" as theres plenty of data that says elemental sucks in every fight except Galakras ground duty, and even there theyre only mediocre, not best.
    There is quite a big difference between saying "els fine they top our raid meters" and "He was able to keep up very well". He was far from topping, but he was not so low it was a hinderance to the raid. Especially when you take his stormlash into account. The only hard modes that mattered in this tier was the last 4. For Thok and Paragons he played resto anyways, and for both siegecrafter and garrosh ele is actually quite decent. How good or bad they are for the other 10 bosses really does not matter for shit as those bosses were all irrelevant to this tier. At this point Thok is probably irrelevant aswell.

And our dpsers were not exactly bad. I believe our guild had the 4th or so lowest item level of all guilds that killed Garrosh H.

There is nothing wrong with having an elemental shaman, especially as a third healer. Though ofc I would never stack elemental shamans either, but having one will not hold your raid team back.

ele sham with resto os, lock, and a mistweaver/resto druid

10+ Year Old Account
    Heyhey thanks guys for the inputs

Lost my Elemental again (3rd heal). Found an geared and experienced ENHANCE that can cover the 3rd heal spot. Will test him and 2 other warlocks I could find (not that geared but at least i know them).

Sadly, as I can see, we'll have to 3 melee it! oh noez! Good news is that my heal partner is back, resto druid. =D