Blizz Support: Please update your Anti-Malware / Security software

As most of you are likely aware there was an issue that was brought to our attention that concerned a Trojan program which was transmitted through a fake version of Curse Client and was discussed in detail in this post.

Thanks in large part to the awesome work by the folks in that thread, many of the major security companies have been alerted to the issue and have issued an updated version of their own scanners to detect and quarantine the malicious program.

If you have not done so already I would encourage you to make sure your security is updated, and to scan your system at your earliest convenience.

Thanks,

Araxom
    Blizzard Support

10+ Year Old Account
    I checked both of my computers and have updated them just in case.

THE LINE MUST BE DRAWN HERE! HERE AND NO FURTHER!

10+ Year Old Account
    Darn horses.

Thanks Araxom, I did the MSInfo check when I first saw it on the forums, and nothing showed, but will update my security programs and scan to be safe.

Some shady people out there

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Some shady people out there
    First rule of security: always assume you're already compromised.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    First rule of security: always assume you're already compromised.
    Indeed, and it's a pretty sad state of affairs to have to think like that! I am so paranoid about my PC and WoW accounts security I honestly drive my husband mental sometimes with it, I don't let him use my PC at all unless I'm watching what he's doing incase he clicks something he shouldn't or installs something he also shouldn't. I trust him with my life, but not my PC lol.

I clicked on this thinking it was some randomer having a go at Blizz telling them to update their anti-virus etc after the recent knobend activity

Was pleasantly surprised.

Thanks Araxom for brining the info to MMOC as I probably wouldn't have noticed it on the official board unless it was tagged as a new blue tracked post

Ok when did this start so I know wether to go look at my stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Haven2011 View Post
    Ok when did this start so I know wether to go look at my stuff
    It started today, but why don't you look anyway? It takes about a minute and will not hurt your PC in any way.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    It started today, but why don't you look anyway? It takes about a minute and will not hurt your PC in any way.
    Reason I ask was cause I haven't been on my PC in a while and it been unplug from the internet for like 2 months was just wonder I'll look when I turn it on just to be safe