Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Use all 3 bonus rolls on one boss for loot?

Blizz should implement a way to use all 3 bonus rolls on a boss for a guaranteed piece of loot. 3 weeks of bosses with 9 bonus rolls and no loot really really sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Blizz should implement a way to use all 3 bonus rolls on a boss for a guaranteed piece of loot. 3 weeks of bosses with 9 bonus rolls and no loot really really sucks.
    I do indeed agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    7 rolls on the same boss (and same difficulty) guarantees you a piece of loot. I think this is more than fair considering gearing should take a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    7 rolls on the same boss (and same difficulty) guarantees you a piece of loot. I think this is more than fair considering gearing should take a while.
    no it doesn't

Not sure if 7 is the magic number, but there is streak protection. If you get gold for x tokens, you *will* get guaranteed loot at some point. Not just a statistically mandated win.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraena View Post
    Not sure if 7 is the magic number, but there is streak protection. If you get gold for x tokens, you *will* get guaranteed loot at some point. Not just a statistically mandated win.
    Still doesn't mean you won't win the same item 10 times over, and nothing of use.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    no it doesn't
    Yes it does. Find me one player in the entire world who has killed garrosh on either normal or heroic more than 7 times and not recieved his heirloom (Hint: you cant) and yes those heirlooms share the same bad luck streak loot rules as the coins.

And yea as iamthedevil said, it doesnt mean you get the item you want.
    Last edited by mmocaa84e3d5fa; 2014-01-04 at 03:37 AM.

Deleted
    Yes it does. Find me one player in the entire world who has killed garrosh on either normal or heroic more than 7 times and not recieved his heirloom (Hint: you cant)
    Maybe heirlooms have a high enough droprate that killing Garrosh 7 times just makes it extremely likely that you get one. There's no reason to assume this 7 rolls for a guaranteed piece of loot thing exists based on such anecdotal evidence.

So you should get an item of choice per week ? Don't really agree with that. Also not sure if I even buy that 9 rolls and no item story.

If they did that I would just leave after the one boss I needed loot from, then never run normal again
    POWERED BY THE RED RAGE OF OUR CUSTOMERS, THIS IRON STEED WILL VALIANTLY LEAD YOU INTO BATTLE FOR THE ONLY FEW WEEKS YOU WILL USE IT. TAKES ONLY $30 AND YOUR SOUL TO ENJOY THE MOUNT EVERY OTHER PERSON HAS. BUY NOOOW.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's RNG. Learn to live with it, really. I've gone some weeks with nothing - my disc priest is still using an offhand from MV while my hunter picked up her entire 4p tier today - in one day. It's just random.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    Maybe heirlooms have a high enough droprate that killing Garrosh 7 times just makes it extremely likely that you get one. There's no reason to assume this 7 rolls for a guaranteed piece of loot thing exists based on such anecdotal evidence.
    How is it anecdotal when thousands of players have killed garrosh 7 times or more? Blizzard has said that if you coin a boss 10 times and say you didnt get any loot you are lying. They have said that there is a bad luck streak system in place. They did however not want to tell us what the exact number is but again im telling you a quick look on the characters that have killed garrosh 7 times will give you proof that on the 7th kill it is guaranteed if you had not recieved an item by then.

It has never been easier to gear up. The coins are a bonus chance at loot, and still people complain.

It's really no different in the end from the normal looting system, where the piece you want might not drop, or a piece you already have drops, or either way you get no loot, either because there was nothing you wanted, or you didn't win the roll.

I have a server full of alts that I take through a few LFRs a week. Sometimes nothing drops, sometimes everything drops. RNG is RNG, loot has always been random, and the simple fact is, it has never been easier to gear up.

If you don't want to kill the same boss more than once to get your drops, you're playing the wrong kind of game. If you don't enjoy playing the game, why are you playing it?

Deleted
    Yes it does. Find me one player in the entire world who has killed garrosh on either normal or heroic more than 7 times and not recieved his heirloom (Hint: you cant) and yes those heirlooms share the same bad luck streak loot rules as the coins.

And yea as iamthedevil said, it doesnt mean you get the item you want.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...sania/advanced

There you go 8 kills 0 heirlooms.

I know because it's my character just hoping for more luck on heroic heirlooms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Resania View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...sania/advanced

There you go 8 kills 0 heirlooms.

I know because it's my character just hoping for more luck on heroic heirlooms.
    Asuming you are telling the truth, that would put the guaranteed chance at your 9th kill. Again Blizzard said at blizzcon that if you claim to have gone 10 kills or more you are lying. Although there is no way to actually confirm what you are saying as the heirloom could be in your bag, on another character or even deleted and the loot logs dont go back 8 weeks.

I somehow find it very unlikely that it is more than 7 kills considering half my guild got theirs on the 7th kill and everyone who has done it 7 times has recieved a heirloom. But maybe heroic has higher drop chance (?) or maybe the sample size of the ~50 people I have looked at is just not enough.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Given that nobody really knows how "bad luck protection" works, or if it even caps at a 100% chance (as opposed to, say, 90), I don't think anyone who claims "everyone with N boss kills has got a drop by now" understands basic probability.

Moreover, this would not be the first time a Blizzard employee made a flippant statement that later turned out to be wrong. I still have screenshots of a short-lived pre-BC post where Nethaera said there would never be a hero class, and Tigole hinted in early LK at an Emerald Dream expansion with an Archdruid hero. There was also that famous EU post where a CM didn't know Shamans couldn't use swords. Not everything in blue text turns out to be true.

Incidentally, most of my guildmates have 6-8 Garrosh kills and no heirloom yet. I have my heirloom, the Resto Druid has hers, the DK has his. 7 others don't. But if I claim that disproves your "7 kills" guarantee, then we're dueling with anecdotes. See sig line for my thoughts on that.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

10+ Year Old Account
    Asuming you are telling the truth, that would put the guaranteed chance at your 9th kill. Again Blizzard said at blizzcon that if you claim to have gone 10 kills or more you are lying. Although there is no way to actually confirm what you are saying as the heirloom could be in your bag, on another character or even deleted and the loot logs dont go back 8 weeks.

I somehow find it very unlikely that it is more than 7 kills considering half my guild got theirs on the 7th kill and everyone who has done it 7 times has recieved a heirloom. But maybe heroic has higher drop chance (?) or maybe the sample size of the ~50 people I have looked at is just not enough.
    At Blizzcon I believe they said if someone says they're gone 11 kills without loot, they're lying, so I'd guess loot protection guarantees it by the 10th kill.

Also, you're not guaranteed to get the heirloom, Garrosh has none heirloom drops that you could get on bonus roll, essentially nullifying the bad luck streak without giving you the heirloom.

This is why raiding does not appeal to me and creates questiins in my mind about WoD. I always liked the idea of the badge system being tuned to allow full set purchases. It seems crazy to run a boss for 9 weeks and to not only get a single piece of gear but also know that he, she, or it drops 3 to 5 pieces for you.

I actually worry with the gear changes and zero barrier to entry for raiding, just how fast will people blow through WoD.

Wait. Did they specifically confirm that "bad luck protection" is individualized to specific bosses and not just loot rolls as a series?