Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Speculation on Blizzards Unannounced feature?

So Blizzard or rather Ghostcrawler stated that there is still a big feature that hasn't been announced for WoD yet, any ideas on what it could be?

My hope is it may be a scaling feature for all old dungeons, so at level 100 we could que up for all dungeons. Maybe even tinker a bit on the questing difficulty.

Deleted
    Well maybe Ogre race, but that's not a feature...

Maybe new dances? Been waiting for it!

Although scaling dungeons might be it.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It'll be one of two things.

1. Scaling Dungeons. You wanted Mythic Dungeons? Have Timewalker Dungeons. Now you can play Wailing Caverns at level 100, with extra challenges and normalized gear!

2. Alternative Advancement, likely something account-wide and no doubt tied to your Garrison. I'd expect a merger of Paragon levels and ToR's Legacies.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I have a hard time coming up with a feature that WoW have not had yet. What would be rewards for scaling dungeons?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I have a hard time coming up with a feature that WoW have not had yet. What would be rewards for scaling dungeons?
    VP, lots of it.

If, of course, you can finish the dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Challenge Mode for raids?

Dance Studio Confirmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by DETdream View Post
    Just enjoy the game folks, they're not making it for you specifically. When you were playing Super Mario Bros. you learned to jump over piranha plants, you didn't complain until they removed the damn thing.

The ability to store Transmog items without them taking up bag/bank slots.

A wardrobe feature with achievements tied to it would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Indstructble12 View Post
    Dance Studio Confirmed.
    That would be the garrison of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Challenge Mode for raids?
    Timer raids with a difficulty > heroic that would be just ... lol xD

Scaling to 100 of all olds dungeons would be awesome but it won't be it cuz they already announced the remaque of BR's peak.

Deleted
    I really hope it's a 'You've got mail' icon that appears by your characters on the character select screen.

Alternatively I wouldn't mind any or all of the following:

1) 'Musician / bard' secondary profession, to allow us to compose, play and sell our own tunes. Engineers and blacksmiths could craft the musical instruments.
    2) The ability to queue for dungeons and LFR for one character whilst playing another. When the queue pops you zone into the instance on the correct character.
    3) Cross faction guilds, scenarios, dungeon groups and raids.
    4) Summon one or more of your alts to serve as npc 'non combat' pets.
    5) An Engineer crafted steam tank mount, with anti aircraft (flying mount) capability.
    6) A version of the 'gypsy' caravan from Eastern Plaguelands quest chain that you can drive and deploy. Could also work as an inn and carry up to five passengers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elondre View Post
    Timer raids with a difficulty > heroic that would be just ... lol xD

Scaling to 100 of all olds dungeons would be awesome but it won't be it cuz they already announced the remaque of BR's peak.
    They announced a revamp of it. Not an upscaling of it.

Timewalking would upscale all the old dungeons to a difficulty above 100 heroic. No changes to the layout/enemies, just upscaling.

Well seeing how most of the stuff they 'want to do' never makes it into the game my money is it's just GC trolling on the way out. He can say they have something big or whatever planned but really he didn't say anything that he/they haven't said a thousand times about every other expansion. Not to mention he doesn't represent Blizzard anymore so he could say whatever he wanted and see zero repercussions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    Well seeing how most of the stuff they 'want to do' never makes it into the game my money is it's just GC trolling on the way out. He can say they have something big or whatever planned but really he didn't say anything that he/they haven't said a thousand times about every other expansion. Not to mention he doesn't represent Blizzard anymore so he could say whatever he wanted and see zero repercussions.
    We've had a number of different devs saying there's a "one more thing" that wasn't ready for Blizzcon. Including the art team.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    We've had a number of different devs saying there's a "one more thing" that wasn't ready for Blizzcon. Including the art team.
    Oh yeah huh, the art team also have a feature they haven't announced yet. Wasn't speculation something around armor being more detailed, 3D? :P

In most expansions Blizzard always slips in a few features that weren't announced at the previous Blizzcon, kinda awesome because its like we are still waiting to open the rest of our Christmas presents.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    It'll be one of two things.

1. Scaling Dungeons. You wanted Mythic Dungeons? Have Timewalker Dungeons. Now you can play Wailing Caverns at level 100, with extra challenges and normalized gear!

2. Alternative Advancement, likely something account-wide and no doubt tied to your Garrison. I'd expect a merger of Paragon levels and ToR's Legacies.
    Given Blizzard's design philosophy of "everyone plays the same with slight deviation" Alternate Advancement akin to EQ2 will likely never come. Blizzards said before they need classes to perform exactly identically so people know what to expect in PvP when they see an Affliction Warlock or an Enhancement Shaman or whatever it may be.

A sad way to design an RPG, but its an MMO as well.

Deleted
    server wide gold

scaling dungeons to revamp old content from the ground up, effectively, letting you do anything at level whatever. since all the gear is being changed as well, its really easy to implement. i cant remember what it was, but somebody went into ramparts or something as level 90 but got scaled down to 61. same basic thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Given Blizzard's design philosophy of "everyone plays the same with slight deviation" Alternate Advancement akin to EQ2 will likely never come. Blizzards said before they need classes to perform exactly identically so people know what to expect in PvP when they see an Affliction Warlock or an Enhancement Shaman or whatever it may be.

A sad way to design an RPG, but its an MMO as well.
    That's why I didn't mention EQ2. EQ2's AA always felt to me like it was just talents.

Paragon Levels and Legacy have one thing in common. They are account-wide and focus on powering up you AND your alts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Procedurally generated random dungeons would turn me on great time.
    Upscaling any existing dungeon would also be sexy.