Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Women are too irrational for combat duties. They are better suited for cooking, cleaning and secretary duties.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    Women are too irrational for combat duties. They are better suited for cooking, cleaning and secretary duties.

Too much ignorance here.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Too much ignorance here.
    not really.

10+ Year Old Account
    SO we should prevent all woman from joining the Marines just cause most of them fail the standards? What about those that pass?

What about all the countries that have successfully integrated woman into combat units?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    SO we should prevent all woman from joining the Marines just cause most of them fail the standards? What about those that pass?

What about all the countries that have successfully integrated woman into combat units?
    If they make the cut then good on them, as long as they match the male standards of course.

It is asinine to send women to combat zones.
    All it does is make it more acceptable to kill an even larger % of the population that was formerly off limits.

i saw that wall of text and totally skipped it.

chicks cant fight. fact. over 50% couldnt complete a part of their training ... saw the article in yahoo somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by klmg8 View Post
    This following video is what happens when a female marine fights a male marine it's a boxing match from Iraq.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA92jiv3_yU
    That's not a boxing match. It's a slugfest. Neither of those two marines can actually box, which puts the male in a definite advantage because of reach, weight and muscle mass. And boy, does he have longer reach than she does.
    Also, the video's post is highly sexist, conjuring up such conjecture as 'she thought she could beat any marine's ass' and all that. Nothing of the like is shown. All that is shown is that there is an army boxing match, with two completely incompetent people in the ring.

So yeah; it's a false setup for the premise.

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    chicks cant fight. fact. over 50% couldnt complete a part of their training ... saw the article in yahoo somewhere.
    Correlation does not equal causality.
    My partner is female, and she can do the pull-ups, sit-ups and push-ups required. She played sports ademantly as a child, which contributes to her ability in adult life somewhat hugely (swimming and judo). But she hasn't been very active with sports for over a decade.

Boys grow up with sports. Most males grow up playing at least two sports, and have an active outside life. Girls, on the other hand, often do not grow up with sports at all, and are expected to play more... Inactively. Playing with dolls, making house... That sort of thing. Couple that with the fact that girls are often dressed in such manner that makes an active, outdoor childhood little more than a bother, and we have a society where girls grow up to be weak.

Males have an advantage in physical combat, due to testosterone. Females have a disadvantage due to estrogen. But that doesn't mean women cannot fight.
    From wikipedia:
    David Anthony states, "About 20% of Scythian-Sarmatian 'warrior graves' on the lower Don and lower Volga contained females dressed for battle in the same manner as men, a phenomenon that probably inspired the Greek tales about the Amazons."[2]
    And you may say: Well; ancient times, barbarians, they didn't know what they were doing... But the Scythians were renowned for their warfare methods and ability.

Another renowned army that featured women in fighting positions was the army of the prophet Muhammed. Though at first there weren't many (if even any) women in his army, after the pledging of Nusaybah bint K'ab, things changed. That's not to say women played a major role on the battlefield, but part of his soldiers was, in fact, female.
    The Teutonic tribes (germanic and norse) often sent women into combat in times of war, and many Norse songs sing about the valor of the shield maidens.

And please note that all of this was in a time before guns at least somewhat equalled the playing field. And these are just some examples.

So yeah; 'chicks can't fight' is simply bollocks. Women are human, and if there's one thing humans are really good at, it is fighting.
    Last edited by Stir; 2014-01-08 at 11:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    So yeah; 'chicks can't fight' is simply bollocks. Women are human, and if there's one thing humans are really good at, it is fighting.
    Yeah they can fight that should be obvious but it ain't as good as men, even the ones who grew up playing sports and they shouldn't lower the minimal requirements just so women can join :l

However if women can do, lets say 20 pull ups instead of 3-8 then they're more than welcome to join.

What a load of bollocks. If women want to fight, let them fight. Simple rule of freedom of choice. Women may be physically inferior to men due to how they were created, but that doesn't mean no women can join the military/train for war. If the standards are lowered for women so they can be admitted into military, then I agree that is wrong. But no one should be the denied the freedom to choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylom View Post
    However if women can do, lets say 20 pull ups instead of 3-8 then they're more than welcome to join.
    You realize that the male requirement isn't 20, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Nraktja View Post
    Women may be physically inferior to men due to how they were created, but that doesn't mean no women can join the military/train for war.
    Just to point out: Women are not physically inferior to men. Both male increased muscle mass and the female uterus serve the same goal: Survival of the offspring (and therefore the species).
    We tend to forget that since male muscle mass is no longer primarily used in that fashion, but that doesn't make it any less true.

You can change that the title to "Two mens opinions" because I agree whole-heartedly with everything stated there.

Just to point out: Women are not physically inferior to men. Both male increased muscle mass and the female uterus serve the same goal: Survival of the offspring (and therefore the species).
    We tend to forget that since male muscle mass is no longer primarily used in that fashion, but that doesn't make it any less true.
    Needless semantics, though. Ultimately they both serve to propagate the species, but they do so in distinctly different manners, and it's that particular distinction we're primarily concerned with here. The male form, fashioned into a durable and robust exterior by countless years of evolution so as to facilitate propagation, is also as a direct result better suited for handling the rigors of warfare.
    Last edited by Velaniz; 2014-01-08 at 02:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

I'm under the impression that we don't have a great handle on why human sexual dimorphism is what it is. We're kind of an odd tweener species in that there's enough dimorphism to suggest something's going on, but not really enough to suggest firmly segregated "natural" roles and not enough to be consistent with patterns of sexual selection/competition. My inclination would be to guess that male musculature has at least as much to do with sexual competition as it does with any sort of basic survival mechanism though.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    My inclination would be to guess that male musculature has at least as much to do with sexual competition as it does with any sort of basic survival mechanism though.
    The two are linked more often than not.

You are right of course, I meant that in the strength sense, not function.

Deleted
    Lol, yeah, I'm pretty sure that an uterus is a mighty tool when it comes to frontline-fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by caelius View Post
    Lol, yeah, I'm pretty sure that an uterus is a mighty tool when it comes to frontline-fighting!
    Please, for the love of all that is rational, THINK before you say silly things.