Page 1 of 3
LastLast

druids how would you feel if every other class got a fourth spec too

im not a druid but when i thought about it kinda sounds unfair for druid players in a way. guardian spec is barley a 4th spec it was fine as how it was and nothing really changed other then the fact that now its split apart which is lame as it is because now you cant tank or dps in the same spec

Deleted
    Even before you couldn't *REALLY* tank and dps without changing some talents (and at least reforge/enchants/gems of gear).
    They just made it more obvious.

What I would really like is "triple spec" (or even four spec for druid) so I can have all the spec with me

They split the spec so they could tinker with things that are shared - like berserk - and have different things for them rather than trying to balance TWO "specs" in one. It's been much easier with the split, and it makes more sense for them to be separate. The pvp aspect of being able to be a bearcat made old school feral druids difficult to deal with.

I wouldn't honestly care if the other classes got another spec but it'd have to be worth it. Do mages/locks/rogues/hunters really need another dps spec? would you have them be able to heal or tank? if that's the case, that would be beyond weird and then we'd have an overcrowding of roles and loot disputes... the hybrids are already fine as is and to give them fourth spec would just be useless clutter because they'd all do the same thing as current. I'd rather them devote the resources to improving the classes and specs already in game rather than try to cram all 10 other classes with another spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

It would be unfair if all classes get new spec but we are the only one left out just because Blizzard decided to split our spec into 2 long time ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    It would be unfair if all classes get new spec but we are the only one left out just because Blizzard decided to split our spec into 2 long time ago.
    Nah, not unfair, the term you want is "worse for us". Unfair is what the current state is. Druid is the sole class with all 4 roles - meele dps, range dps, healer, tank.
    Other classes getting a tank spec would probably help the game.

Monk, Shaman, Paland second heal spec seems fair.
    Priest second dps spec seems fair too.

Why the hell would I feel anything? It doesn't matter to me if other people get another spec, why would it?

People are so... I don't even know the word for it... Petty maybe? Any time anyone gets something it needs to be a problem, because then people feel they should also be compensated for it. If other classes get a fourth spec, why in the world would I care? It literally doesn't impact me in any way at all on my Druid, and caring about it is absurdly idiotic.

Regardless, classes won't get a fourth spec, so it doesn't make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Why the hell would I feel anything? It doesn't matter to me if other people get another spec, why would it?
    long lost brother?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Without getting too much into the weeds about details, other classes will almost certainly not get a fourth spec.

Blizz was likely tossing around ideas for a long time with druids, since the iterative process made all the non-resto specs at least somewhat viable, followed by making Feral tanking and DPS viable, and then having to deal with the huge balancing issues with Feral tank/DPS being in the same talent tree with no method of separation. Once you start making changes that become well-accepted, it's VERY hard to go back and change things. I'd imagine having four specs was really the lesser of several other evils, since it can be seen as a perk for being a druid. There would've been major backlash if Blizz came along at this point in time and decided to get rid of <insert non-resto druid spec>... if they did so back in classic WoW, there may have been some lore issues but nothing of the backlash they'd receive now since resto was pretty much the only intended raid-viable spec.

Focusing on other classes having extra specs... the balancing nightmare that is/was druid specs is something that I wouldn't want to repeat as a designer. There's already enough complaints about balancing amongst the tri-spec classes, adding a fourth would be madness. There'd have to be a very good reason to add a fourth, and the best reason thus far was used for druids: having 4 viable roles that are already well-established in the game. No other class can claim that.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

I'd at least like something new for our specs (UPDATED SHAPESHIFT MODELS).

Deleted
    Wouldn't really give a crap. I like my druid, and it's more choice for other classes. It's not like the people with druids don't have alts anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they are all well done with unique playstyles I'm fine with it. But, give ppl tri-spec first!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I'd at least like something new for our specs (UPDATED SHAPESHIFT MODELS).
    Cause the new ones with cata weren't new enough for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Id feel sorry for them. More specs, more problems and unecessary changes.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Cause the new ones with cata weren't new enough for you?
    They only apply to some races of some specs, so yeh, they weren't enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    They only apply to some races of some specs, so yeh, they weren't enough.
    Funny, because every form except moonkin got a new model. For all races.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2014-01-04 at 02:34 PM.
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Don't care if other classes get a 4th spec. Just release Tri-spec already so I don't have to rely on an addon to preserve bars for Resto/Guardian/Feral/Balance/any pvp versions.

I wasn't aware that default Cat and Bear forms were updated either without relying on a CD or Burning Seed/Fandral's Flamescythe. But yes, Moonkin form needs some love.

Yeah...bear form didn't really get an update for NE/tauren. Trolls and Worgen got fancier models because they were implemented in Cata. there's also cheetah form (yeah yeah glyph of stag...I don't want to be a stag), flight form, moonkin form, aquatic form (again, glpyh of orca but why make the default one SO hideous to practically force people who care about aesthetics to use the glyph?) and the glyph of treant is a little lacking too. The incarnation version of this is just fine, albeit not entirely tree like. The glyph'd one should have a few more polygons implemented to make it line up with the rest of the models. I'm not asking for a completely new version, just a prettier one.

tl;dr some of the races have fancy bears, but moonkins, glyph of treant, glyph of cheetah, aquatic form, flight form, and bears for NE/tauren should get updated.
    Last edited by Jordaen; 2014-01-04 at 06:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Don't care if other classes get a 4th spec. Just release Tri-spec already so I don't have to rely on an addon to preserve bars for Resto/Guardian/Feral/Balance/any pvp versions.
    Don't want to venture too far from the main topic, but didn't Blizz mention some UI preservation method coming in WoD potentially? If we did have tri-spec, that's all I'd really use it for likely.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordaen View Post
    tl;dr some of the races have fancy bears, but moonkins, glyph of treant, glyph of cheetah, aquatic form, flight form, and bears for NE/tauren should get updated.
    Bears were updated for tauren and night elf. Are you seriously going to find something to complain about for the other forms that are optional? Boomy does deserve a model update, the rest really doesn't need it. Tree form was updated then the glyph of treant was put in because people hated the updated tree form, of course they then removed tree form from being default and turned it into a CD but that doesn't change that it exists. Glyph of treant exists for people who miss the old tree form.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2014-01-04 at 10:43 PM.