10+ Year Old Account

PBoI vs. KTT for Affliction

Recently coined a Heroic Purified Bindings of Immerseus, my other trinkets are a HWF KTT as well as a Normal Black Blood.

Simming it I see that PBoI is a 7k DPS increase using it instead of KTT, but I'm skeptical to using it due to it not proccing 100% in the opener, post some feedback here and help me out, thanks all.

10+ Year Old Account
    The vast majority of the time it procs. Just like everything though it's rng

Use H PBI + HW KTT.

Maybe for bursty shorty fights, BBOY it's better than KTT if u don't loose any 10stacks proc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    The vast majority of the time it procs. Just like everything though it's rng
    When it procs it's amazing, but I can guarantee every pull that KTT and BBoY will proc in succession of each other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    Use H PBI + HW KTT.

Maybe for bursty shorty fights, BBOY it's better than KTT if u don't loose any 10stacks proc.
    I thought about that also, but snapshotting the 10 stack in the opener and being able to extend to other targets is amazing, as well as Affliction is very opener-heavy so if the opener isn't strong I feel the overall sustained will not be as high as Destro / Demo.

I would use the bindings too. Yeah sometimes it doesn't proc right away but most of the time it makes it by the end of black blood. I hate when it doesn't proc in time but there's nothing I can do about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamswow View Post
    I would use the bindings too. Yeah sometimes it doesn't proc right away but most of the time it makes it by the end of black blood. I hate when it doesn't proc in time but there's nothing I can do about it.
    Yeah, I'm starting to use it with KTT HWF and the burst is quite disgusting when they proc off each other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santoisms View Post
    Yeah, I'm starting to use it with KTT HWF and the burst is quite disgusting when they proc off each other.
    UPDATE: Using KTT and PBoI together, 9k dps increase according to sims, and the burst is much higher. Thanks for the feedback.

pboi + ktt will be more consistent as far as rng goes, and tbh on progression I prefer consistency - never seem to get overlap on bboy + pboi on the opener

Keep in mind the standard lock sims don't min-max around trinket procs anywhere near as well as they should though, it is hard to compare.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2014-01-05 at 10:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    pboi + ktt will be more consistent as far as rng goes, and tbh on progression I prefer consistency - never seem to get overlap on bboy + pboi on the opener

Keep in mind the standard lock sims don't min-max around trinket procs anywhere near as well as they should though, it is hard to compare.
    Yeah I do keep that in mind when simming. I do BiS is PBoI / BBoY, but granted having a H PBoI and a HWF KTT, it seems dumb to not use them as a combination.

Deleted
    I had the same problem once HCWF KTT droped for me. Had HC PBoI and WF BBoY before and after the change (played Affli back than) it felt always weaker. But in the long run it is a stronger combination. KTT nearly always procs on Pull, sometimes even 3 times in a row.

the only thing that sucks hard is this stupid PBoI proc. I really hate that one. If it weren't for its supreme passive I would like to take BBoY+KTT.