Page 1 of 17
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Huolon "Griefing" - Your thoughts?

    Hi all, on a few high populated servers, a new fad is taking over.

    This particular fad is by flying high just outside the timeless isle, flying inward and getting dismounted, then using the glider purchased using timeless coins to land on the building that is Huolon's exact spawn point. Now this spawn point is high in the air, and out of range for anyone on the bridge.

    Essentially, that sounds like no problem, right? But no. Players have begun doing it for the sole purpose of upsetting other players on the ground. The players who do do this kind of activity claim that they cannot be banned because they weren't doing anything wrong, and essentially they aren't. However the sole purpose of doing this is to upset multiple players instead of verbally abusing 1 or 2.

    So long story short, the players attack and kill huolon, leaving all other players on the ground getting upset because the players refused to take it down to a level where they're all suited.

    I personally think it's wrong, because they're NOT up there to avoid coin farmers, and they're not up there just so they can "up their chances of the mount". They go up there to make you and everyone else upset, and I think for that it should indeed become a bannable offense, as it is a form of Indirect Harrassment.

    What are your thoughts?
    This is my signature. It states my prediction of the next expansion. Not only is it correct in my eyes, but should also be in yours too.
    Anyone who doesn't agree with me is an idiot, a bad, and a pleb.

    - A Quote from every narcissistic, defiant, self-absorbed theorist on these forums. True story.

  2. #2
    Pandaren Monk Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    1,896
    It is dickish but it isn't against the rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedead241 View Post
    I'm a prostitute. Men like to tell me secrets. And women.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    Also....my condolences to whoever is Lora's lover. You got matched up with a madman, regardless of his alignment.

  3. #3
    Buy a glider and join them. It has 15 million hp with just one person hitting it, so you have plenty of time to get there.

  4. #4
    Yep, I witnessed this once and reported the asshole for griefing. Dunno what happened from there, though.

  5. #5
    Pandaren Monk Agent Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Eielson AFB, AK
    Posts
    1,806
    Because you can't prove their intent. Even with intent that doesn't hold. They did nothing wrong. Thanks for the tip btw.

  6. #6
    Doing it once or twice is legal, but childish and so forth.
    But doing it several spawns in a row, I'd call it griefing. Make a ticket and see what Blizzard says.

    Also, I tried it once, that he was killed up there. I was able to loot if it I hugged the wall.
    Last edited by zyx; 2014-01-04 at 09:09 AM.

  7. #7
    I am Murloc! Valyrian Stormclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    World's End Tavern, listening to the ETC.
    Posts
    5,101
    Who said that the mob hs to come to you? Why not get up there yoursf and fight him? I see nothing absolutely wrong ith what the gliding plqyers were doing.

  8. #8
    I don't see how it's griefing if every player has the same opportunity to kill Huolon.

    If the player somehow glitched the boss so that no player truly ever has access to it, then that would be bad.

  9. #9
    Mechagnome Spazzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    538
    Thanks for the information as I have yet to see this yet on my server. I also don't think it's against the rules.

    ~Spazzer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Mercury View Post
    Because you can't prove their intent. Even with intent that doesn't hold. They did nothing wrong. Thanks for the tip btw.
    Its interesting you say that. Because me and a player were talking who was part of the huolon kill-up-there group. And he told me that the sole purpose was to kill huolon, however watching bads cry in general was one hell of a perk.

    I knew some of you would take it also as an attempt to create mischief. Kudos to me
    This is my signature. It states my prediction of the next expansion. Not only is it correct in my eyes, but should also be in yours too.
    Anyone who doesn't agree with me is an idiot, a bad, and a pleb.

    - A Quote from every narcissistic, defiant, self-absorbed theorist on these forums. True story.

  11. #11
    Pandaren Monk Issalice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Area 52 US
    Posts
    1,947
    This happened for about a week solid on Area 52 US awhile ago, I stopped bothering with that place ages ago so I have no clue if they are still up to it or not. I don't get it, it's shitty but can't really do much about it.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Mercury View Post
    Because you can't prove their intent. Even with intent that doesn't hold. They did nothing wrong. Thanks for the tip btw.
    Sure and blocking the mailbox/vendor with your mammoth is also all that you wrote, right ?! I mean it's not like players get told to piss off by a GM for it. Oh wait...

  13. #13
    Thanks for the great idea. Brb.
    End SJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I fucking hate this LGBT and gender equality shit invading video games.

  14. #14
    And people wonder why some guy is ddos-ing the US servers. I find getting pissed at that guy while you Huolon-grief yourself, is extremely ironic.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Excessiv View Post
    What are your thoughts?
    Well since you asked what MY thoughts were on it I'll tell you It is a douche thing to do, it's a free tag for everyone yet you want to hoard it for yourself. However, I could care less since Huolon will be there till the end of time.

  16. #16
    buy a glider yourself, pussy

    Mod Edit: No need to be insulting.
    Last edited by Shamanic; 2014-01-04 at 09:53 AM.

  17. #17
    Report them

  18. #18
    This happened more than a few times on my server as well, with subsequent harassment in General chat afterwards to let us all know that we were "bads," among other things. I found the pestering in General chat after the fact, initiated by the group atop the tower in question, to be sufficient proof that they were doing this purely for the kicks of pissing people off. I went ahead and reported them while noting the chat, but who knows what happened from there. It was about a three or four day fad on Sargeras.

  19. #19
    The Lightbringer TEHPALLYTANK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas(I wish it were CO)
    Posts
    3,746
    Think that should fall under griefing. They should just fix it like they did with the Zandalari Warbringers (would be pretty simple anyhow, just change his spawn point and pat).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

  20. #20
    Bind taunt and use it.

    "I don't have a taunt"

    Out of the dozens of people waiting to kill it, one of them is a paladin, warrior, druid, shaman, dk or monk.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •