Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
17
LastLast
  1. #281
    High Overlord axhed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    charlotte, nc
    Posts
    130
    so, was anyone actually banned for killing him up there?

  2. #282
    The Patient amaraim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Göteborg, Sweden.
    Posts
    296
    "Huolon's spawn point has been moved to the ground." - Hotfixes February fifth.

  3. #283
    Perhaps moving the spawn point high in the air to the right of the area where he spawns would be an even better fix. That way he would be out of range of everyone until he moved to land himself. Thus giving those who like to call him out time to do so and others to respond. Just a suggestion. I think current change is a step in the right direction at least.

  4. #284
    Pit Lord velde046's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Just be ready to get a warning or 3 day ban ... because cleaver use of mencanic is very narrow bridge to cross. Depends on how Blizz looks at it you can get some sort of punishment.
    Nah, not a problem really, everyone can get a glider and do the same thing.

  5. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Nah, not a problem really, everyone can get a glider and do the same thing.
    Yeah, and everyone could become an engineer and glitch Lich King platforms. What's your point ?

  6. #286
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Wiping in a dungeon, losing a BG, getting killed by Hogger - all cause 'grief' and inconvenience. Are all those now considered 'griefing' now?
    They can be yes depending on the intent of the player causing those things. Why are you even questioning that? Not all wipes are griefing, not all battleground losses are griefing, not all deaths by hogger are griefing. Which is why simply pulling Huolon at his spawn point was not griefing. It requires a specific intent by the player or players doing the act.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2014-02-07 at 04:16 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  7. #287
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Washington(not dc)
    Posts
    69
    Never happens in my realm of little to none

  8. #288
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Yeah, and everyone could become an engineer and glitch Lich King platforms. What's your point ?
    One is an exploit and requires a glitch. One requires routine game play and some work. Just like Garnia is not an exploit and griefing to get up there and kill it with out everyone getting to tag it. Exploiting a glitch is far different then pulling a mob at a certain location.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    One is an exploit and requires a glitch. One requires routine game play and some work. Just like Garnia is not an exploit and griefing to get up there and kill it with out everyone getting to tag it. Exploiting a glitch is far different then pulling a mob at a certain location.
    Engineers using bombs is routine gameplay

  10. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    One is an exploit and requires a glitch. One requires routine game play and some work. Just like Garnia is not an exploit and griefing to get up there and kill it with out everyone getting to tag it. Exploiting a glitch is far different then pulling a mob at a certain location.
    I guess it's not a hint for you that they moved his spawn point. Obviously people were not supposed to be doing that. Then again, this thread makes me sad for humanity, to see so many people defending inconveniencing other players for no reason other than to piss them off, it's depressing.

  11. #291
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Engineers using bombs is routine gameplay
    Indeed, but even routine gameplay when it is found to have a gameplay breaking effect does not justify it being continued.
    Just whether the individual is aware of what part of the routine gameplay is the cause remains to be seen, or whether they are even aware that part of their gameplay is.

    Whether you want to call the huolon situation griefing or not, the point remains that it was not acceptable behaviour.
    There was nothing you can say to justify it.

    Because you can do something, does not automatically make it right, make it acceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don't understand why we don't have flying so they tell us we will have convenient flight points. Immersion and danger? Here take some coins and fly me there while I read facebook or go take a poop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

  12. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    b) at this rate, racing someone to a mining node will eventually be considered griefing.
    That is totally different. Once someone taps a mining node it's unavailable to everyone else, so mining is clearly a competitive endeavor. The rares on My Little Panda Adventure Island drop loot for anyone who can get a hit in regardless of their contribution to the kill and/or their ability to survive. If I'm attacking Huolon and someone jumps in uninvited my chances at drops are completely unaffected so there's no reason for me to exclude them from the kill aside from pure spite.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

  13. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    there's no reason for me to exclude them from the kill aside from pure spite.
    It's pretty hilarious that some people try to claim there could be other reasons for this behavior with a straight face.

  14. #294
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Its routine game play to miss out on killing npcs that you are not located in range of your abilities. It happens every day on the Timeless Isle. You can create all the special rules you want that only apply to Huolon but it still is not griefing to kill an npc in a location that isn't accessible to every one else. Using your logic anyone who kills an NPC in the Ordon Sanctuary with out kiting it off of the plateau is griefing all of those who don't have the legendary cloak.
    Again, this is totally different. Ordon doesn't start in range of players missing the cloak. Kiting a mob onto the plateau would be considered griefing, but what you just described is not. It's understood that to kill Ordon you need the cloak; otherwise they wouldn't have stuck him at the back of the plateau. The same is not true of Huolon. He starts within range of players on the ground, and others have to make a concerted effort to kite him away from them. What possible motivation could they have for doing that aside from griefing? It's not like they just happen to be travelling along and he conveniently spawns in front of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

  15. #295
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Frozen Wasteland
    Posts
    2,573
    Doing something that makes a large number of ordinary players unhappy, for no good reason, will attract the wrong kind of attention from Blizzard.

    And it should.

  16. #296
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Indeed, but even routine gameplay when it is found to have a gameplay breaking effect does not justify it being continued.
    Just whether the individual is aware of what part of the routine gameplay is the cause remains to be seen, or whether they are even aware that part of their gameplay is.

    Whether you want to call the huolon situation griefing or not, the point remains that it was not acceptable behaviour.
    There was nothing you can say to justify it.

    Because you can do something, does not automatically make it right, make it acceptable.
    (pardon me if I'm misinterpreting your comments / misinterpreting to whom which parts of your comments were directed)

    I was arguing for Huolon being griefing behavior. The person I was responding to was trying to characterize gliding to areas / killing mobs as routine behavior, and I was using the engineers/bomb statement to discredit the notion that "routine behavior" is always acceptable. Rhorle seems unwilling / unable to see the difference between killing a mob quickly (which I called a routine behavior), and killing Huolon at its old spawn point

  17. #297
    ITT: Derp derp good idea, nothing wrong with being a dick to people, not against the rules, go do it yourself, etc.

    Yeah, it's not against the rules. But it's childish and just down-right crappy - and you know it is. Then you guys go on to complain why this community is such trash. Just look in the mirror.

    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" - George Carlin

  18. #298
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Engineers using bombs is routine gameplay
    But them using it to rebuild a platform that was supposed to stay destroyed is not routine.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    I guess it's not a hint for you that they moved his spawn point. Obviously people were not supposed to be doing that. Then again, this thread makes me sad for humanity, to see so many people defending inconveniencing other players for no reason other than to piss them off, it's depressing.
    So will you wait for everyone to get to a rare on the timeless isle before you kill it? Because if you don't you are inconveniencing other players for no reason. You could easily wait to kill the rare.

    Also them moving the spawn point is not proof it was considered griefing by blizzard. They change things all of the time and not just because it is griefing or can be used to grief.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  19. #299
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But them using it to rebuild a platform that was supposed to stay destroyed is not routine.
    So you admit that routine activities can lead to disallowed behaviors ?

  20. #300
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    That is totally different. Once someone taps a mining node it's unavailable to everyone else, so mining is clearly a competitive endeavor. The rares on My Little Panda Adventure Island drop loot for anyone who can get a hit in regardless of their contribution to the kill and/or their ability to survive. If I'm attacking Huolon and someone jumps in uninvited my chances at drops are completely unaffected so there's no reason for me to exclude them from the kill aside from pure spite.
    Right but you are not excluding them. They can tag the rare by getting to a location that is with in their abilities range. It is no different then Garnia being secluded and behind a 4 min albatross ride. Is it now griefing to attack Garnia in its spawn location because anyone who cant get a hit in because they are not in the right location?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    So you admit that routine activities can lead to disallowed behaviors ?
    I never said they couldn't. Do you even know the context of my original comment that lead you on this tangent? It was you saying that killing Huolon up there was not a routine behavior.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Again, this is totally different. Ordon doesn't start in range of players missing the cloak.
    Huolon didn't start in range of players not up on the bridge. Not different at all.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •