Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
6
14
15
16
17
LastLast
  1. #301
    My thoughts on Huolon griefing is that Blizzard should just up and ban these idiotic dipshits who did it (and similar things) to begin with.
    I'm not a defender of Blizzard, I'm an opponent of stupid.

  2. #302
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I was arguing for Huolon being griefing behavior. The person I was responding to was trying to characterize gliding to areas / killing mobs as routine behavior, and I was using the engineers/bomb statement to discredit the notion that "routine behavior" is always acceptable. Rhorle seems unwilling / unable to see the difference between killing a mob quickly (which I called a routine behavior), and killing Huolon at its old spawn point
    It isn't routine behavior to kill a mob at its spawn point? The difference you fail to see with killing Huolon at its spawn point and using bombs to respawn a platform is that one was a glitch in the code. Killing Huolon was not a glitch. You know this as you made the distinction and called the engineering bombs a glitch when you first made the comparison.

    There was nothing malfunctioning about Huolon being able to be killed at his spawn point. There was something malfunctioning when Saronite bombs could rebuild a platform on the Lich King encounter. It is not routine for engineering bombs to rebuild platforms on boss encounters so your argument is invalid on all fronts.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  3. #303
    Dreadlord MouseD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Local Mouse Hole
    Posts
    978
    Is happy glad they fix the issue of those idiots pulling Huolon at top of the bridge at his spawn point and disallowing others to have a shot at him...and no other shouldn't have to go get gliders and use crane statue and make they are on top of the bridge just to get a shot at the rare....its very childish of those that did this...too bad they will never grow up out of their mom's basement with that type of game play.

  4. #304
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,964
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    its very childish of those that did this...too bad they will never grow up out of their mom's basement with that type of game play.
    how ironic, getting joy making fun of others, by making fun of those who makes fun of others
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  5. #305
    I can understand why most people are getting frustrated with this, but I find this hilarious. And I'm sure whoever would do this would feel the same way.

  6. #306
    Quote Originally Posted by KissyKissyBangBang View Post
    I can understand why most people are getting frustrated with this, but I find this hilarious. And I'm sure whoever would do this would feel the same way.
    I can understand if something like this would entertain a person for...say...10 minutes (and being 10 probably helps too) but in cases like these it's often the same people doing it day in day out. I am more curious as to where do they find the will to do something this boring than I'd be frustrated at their behavior.

    A while back I got ganked by a level 90 while I was leveling in Storm peaks. Ok so I ress and he does it again then I go make some coffee, smoke a cig, browse some forums, all of which I was about to do anyway so he didn't really prevent me from playing. Occasionally I give a nudge to my dead character so he doesn't go afk (prime time, high pop server, don't want them queues). This goes on for about 30 mins and he's there waiting the whole time. I just want to get inside the head of a person like this and see what's going on there.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2014-02-07 at 07:20 PM.

  7. #307
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So will you wait for everyone to get to a rare on the timeless isle before you kill it? Because if you don't you are inconveniencing other players for no reason. You could easily wait to kill the rare.
    This is not the same thing. Waiting to kill the rare is going to inconvenience you. Getting into a special hard-to-reach spot and camping the mob so that you can deprive others of the kill is inconveniencing you for the sole purpose of screwing the players on the ground over. Can you not see the difference between neglecting to go out of your way to help others and going out of your way to piss others off? The first is forgiveable. The latter is outright despicable.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Also them moving the spawn point is not proof it was considered griefing by blizzard. They change things all of the time and not just because it is griefing or can be used to grief.
    Whatever you say. They just love to change things for the hell of it to mix things up because they don't have better uses for their developers' time. Better yet, they are so gung-ho about random changes that they take the trouble to hotfix them. Sorry, but Blizzard is a business, not some high schooler's online playground.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Right but you are not excluding them. They can tag the rare by getting to a location that is with in their abilities range. It is no different then Garnia being secluded and behind a 4 min albatross ride. Is it now griefing to attack Garnia in its spawn location because anyone who cant get a hit in because they are not in the right location?
    No, because players know that they should camp Garnia at that spot if they want to attack it. The same was not true of Huolon. Most of the time you could tag it from the ground unless some jerk explicitly went out of their way to make it inaccessible. No one is saying that everyone should wait to attack a mob (it's polite to wait at least 30 seconds or so, but it's certainly not required). That, however, is not the same as going out of your way to move to a hard-to-reach spot and camping the mob for the sole purpose of depriving others of the kill. I'm starting to sound like a broken record. What is so hard to understand about the difference between the two situations?

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Huolon didn't start in range of players not up on the bridge. Not different at all.
    You don't understand what the complaint is about, do you? The problem was that the players up on the bridge were unable to kill it because other players were using a glider to reach a spot above the bridge so those players could no longer reach it. No one is arguing that Huolon should be attackable by players that haven't run up the bridge yet. The problem was that players who had been camping Huolon by the bridge were also being deprived of a shot at tagging it.
    Last edited by Ronduwil; 2014-02-07 at 07:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

  8. #308
    What a toxic community...

    I love all the people in here acting like the cool kids and saying this is okay.

    Meanwhile, Blizzard is moving his spawn point. Good evidence that anyone doing this was negatively affecting the game for no particular reason.

    Oh, and anyone who thinks this is okay or justified in any way, shape, or form has the mental capacity of a 12 year old. That is a fact, not an opinion.

  9. #309
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlikemyrage View Post
    What a toxic community...

    I love all the people in here acting like the cool kids and saying this is okay.

    Meanwhile, Blizzard is moving his spawn point. Good evidence that anyone doing this was negatively affecting the game for no particular reason.

    Oh, and anyone who thinks this is okay or justified in any way, shape, or form has the mental capacity of a 12 year old. That is a fact, not an opinion.
    Actually, this is just a game and this "world boss" is just a little bit of gimmicky fun and certainly nothing to get upset about. The fact that so many people in this thread are acting as if this is some travesty of justice suggests that their real lives are empty. In pretty much every other MMO I've played, this sort of ruthlessly selfish behaviour is part of the nature of a competitive game. Boss stealing, using loopholes to deny loot to others, it's hardly controversial or even particularly immoral.

    tldr; get a life.

  10. #310
    Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    Actually, this is just a game and this "world boss" is just a little bit of gimmicky fun and certainly nothing to get upset about. The fact that so many people in this thread are acting as if this is some travesty of justice suggests that their real lives are empty. In pretty much every other MMO I've played, this sort of ruthlessly selfish behaviour is part of the nature of a competitive game. Boss stealing, using loopholes to deny loot to others, it's hardly controversial or even particularly immoral.

    tldr; get a life.
    I'm sure I spotted the irony somewhere in there.

  11. #311
    Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    In pretty much every other MMO I've played, this sort of ruthlessly selfish behaviour is part of the nature of a competitive game. Boss stealing, using loopholes to deny loot to others, it's hardly controversial or even particularly immoral.
    The whole point of My Little Panda Adventure Island is to provide non-competitive players with content. If you want competition there's always PvP. If killing the boss was intended as a competition only the first person/group to tag each mob would get to loot it. Blizzard explicitly stated that they wanted to bring a more-the-merrier feel back to the game, and that's why the island was created. Being a jerk isn't always immoral, but it's always rude. Adamantly defend your right to act like a dick all you want. Ultimately that attitude will come back to bite you in the ass when you least expect it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

  12. #312
    I find it very idiotic and something I personally would never do to a fellow player, alliance or horde. You can defend it any way you want, it doesn't change the fact that these particular griefers are a bunch of selfish assholes out there to ruin other people's fun. But they're probably bored out of their minds and it is them that should logoff and get a life.
    Does not compute!

  13. #313
    Don't think I'd consider it griefing (to be fair, I couldn't care less about the mount) since you could theoretically join them up there where he spawns. If Blizzard has a problem with the behavior, they can always make the mob spawn at ground level instead of in some area not easily reached by people.

  14. #314
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy181 View Post
    If Blizzard has a problem with the behavior, they can always make the mob spawn at ground level instead of in some area not easily reached by people.
    They did so obviously they had a problem with it.

  15. #315
    Epic! Swampmoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Timonium, Maryland
    Posts
    1,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Excessiv View Post
    Its interesting you say that. Because me and a player were talking who was part of the huolon kill-up-there group. And he told me that the sole purpose was to kill huolon, however watching bads cry in general was one hell of a perk.

    I knew some of you would take it also as an attempt to create mischief. Kudos to me
    Little late to quote this, but the bold is absolutely laughable. No-one goes out of their way and through the trouble to get up there just to kill the mob when you can do the same thing by sitting on the ground and just waiting for it to walk to you.

    The only reason to do it is the latter, which is to cause mischief and aggravation. Funny what little kids get off to these days.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...t&n=Swampmoose

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    Stop getting horny goo, judge on cd.

  16. #316
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlikemyrage View Post
    What a toxic community...

    I love all the people in here acting like the cool kids and saying this is okay.

    Meanwhile, Blizzard is moving his spawn point. Good evidence that anyone doing this was negatively affecting the game for no particular reason.

    Oh, and anyone who thinks this is okay or justified in any way, shape, or form has the mental capacity of a 12 year old. That is a fact, not an opinion.
    It's not for "no particular reason". It is for the express purpose of angering others. Which can be quite fun sometimes. Some people can be intelligent and cruel and some can be dumb as shit and cruel. Cruelty is not a reflection of intelligence.

  17. #317
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    It is dickish but it isn't against the rules.
    Cant stand ppl that just make comments without thinking, It is against the rules to grief.

  18. #318
    People will cry about anything and everything.

  19. #319
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    The whole point of My Little Panda Adventure Island is to provide non-competitive players with content.
    Bloody coins would like to have a word with you.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  20. #320
    Epic! Swampmoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Timonium, Maryland
    Posts
    1,510
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Bloody coins would like to have a word with you.
    Are you implying those those coins are something for competitive players? *chuckles*
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...t&n=Swampmoose

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    Stop getting horny goo, judge on cd.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •