Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    One is an exploit and requires a glitch. One requires routine game play and some work. Just like Garnia is not an exploit and griefing to get up there and kill it with out everyone getting to tag it. Exploiting a glitch is far different then pulling a mob at a certain location.
    I guess it's not a hint for you that they moved his spawn point. Obviously people were not supposed to be doing that. Then again, this thread makes me sad for humanity, to see so many people defending inconveniencing other players for no reason other than to piss them off, it's depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Engineers using bombs is routine gameplay
    Indeed, but even routine gameplay when it is found to have a gameplay breaking effect does not justify it being continued.
    Just whether the individual is aware of what part of the routine gameplay is the cause remains to be seen, or whether they are even aware that part of their gameplay is.

Whether you want to call the huolon situation griefing or not, the point remains that it was not acceptable behaviour.
    There was nothing you can say to justify it.

Because you can do something, does not automatically make it right, make it acceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    b) at this rate, racing someone to a mining node will eventually be considered griefing.
    That is totally different. Once someone taps a mining node it's unavailable to everyone else, so mining is clearly a competitive endeavor. The rares on My Little Panda Adventure Island drop loot for anyone who can get a hit in regardless of their contribution to the kill and/or their ability to survive. If I'm attacking Huolon and someone jumps in uninvited my chances at drops are completely unaffected so there's no reason for me to exclude them from the kill aside from pure spite.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    there's no reason for me to exclude them from the kill aside from pure spite.
    It's pretty hilarious that some people try to claim there could be other reasons for this behavior with a straight face.

Its routine game play to miss out on killing npcs that you are not located in range of your abilities. It happens every day on the Timeless Isle. You can create all the special rules you want that only apply to Huolon but it still is not griefing to kill an npc in a location that isn't accessible to every one else. Using your logic anyone who kills an NPC in the Ordon Sanctuary with out kiting it off of the plateau is griefing all of those who don't have the legendary cloak.
    Again, this is totally different. Ordon doesn't start in range of players missing the cloak. Kiting a mob onto the plateau would be considered griefing, but what you just described is not. It's understood that to kill Ordon you need the cloak; otherwise they wouldn't have stuck him at the back of the plateau. The same is not true of Huolon. He starts within range of players on the ground, and others have to make a concerted effort to kite him away from them. What possible motivation could they have for doing that aside from griefing? It's not like they just happen to be travelling along and he conveniently spawns in front of them.
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doing something that makes a large number of ordinary players unhappy, for no good reason, will attract the wrong kind of attention from Blizzard.

And it should.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Indeed, but even routine gameplay when it is found to have a gameplay breaking effect does not justify it being continued.
    Just whether the individual is aware of what part of the routine gameplay is the cause remains to be seen, or whether they are even aware that part of their gameplay is.

Whether you want to call the huolon situation griefing or not, the point remains that it was not acceptable behaviour.
    There was nothing you can say to justify it.

Because you can do something, does not automatically make it right, make it acceptable.
    (pardon me if I'm misinterpreting your comments / misinterpreting to whom which parts of your comments were directed)

I was arguing for Huolon being griefing behavior. The person I was responding to was trying to characterize gliding to areas / killing mobs as routine behavior, and I was using the engineers/bomb statement to discredit the notion that "routine behavior" is always acceptable. Rhorle seems unwilling / unable to see the difference between killing a mob quickly (which I called a routine behavior), and killing Huolon at its old spawn point
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    ITT: Derp derp good idea, nothing wrong with being a dick to people, not against the rules, go do it yourself, etc.

Yeah, it's not against the rules. But it's childish and just down-right crappy - and you know it is. Then you guys go on to complain why this community is such trash. Just look in the mirror.
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" - George Carlin

15+ Year Old Account
    Engineers using bombs is routine gameplay
    But them using it to rebuild a platform that was supposed to stay destroyed is not routine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    I guess it's not a hint for you that they moved his spawn point. Obviously people were not supposed to be doing that. Then again, this thread makes me sad for humanity, to see so many people defending inconveniencing other players for no reason other than to piss them off, it's depressing.
    So will you wait for everyone to get to a rare on the timeless isle before you kill it? Because if you don't you are inconveniencing other players for no reason. You could easily wait to kill the rare.

Also them moving the spawn point is not proof it was considered griefing by blizzard. They change things all of the time and not just because it is griefing or can be used to grief.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

But them using it to rebuild a platform that was supposed to stay destroyed is not routine.
    So you admit that routine activities can lead to disallowed behaviors ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

15+ Year Old Account
    That is totally different. Once someone taps a mining node it's unavailable to everyone else, so mining is clearly a competitive endeavor. The rares on My Little Panda Adventure Island drop loot for anyone who can get a hit in regardless of their contribution to the kill and/or their ability to survive. If I'm attacking Huolon and someone jumps in uninvited my chances at drops are completely unaffected so there's no reason for me to exclude them from the kill aside from pure spite.
    Right but you are not excluding them. They can tag the rare by getting to a location that is with in their abilities range. It is no different then Garnia being secluded and behind a 4 min albatross ride. Is it now griefing to attack Garnia in its spawn location because anyone who cant get a hit in because they are not in the right location?

- - - Updated - - -

So you admit that routine activities can lead to disallowed behaviors ?
    I never said they couldn't. Do you even know the context of my original comment that lead you on this tangent? It was you saying that killing Huolon up there was not a routine behavior.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, this is totally different. Ordon doesn't start in range of players missing the cloak.
    Huolon didn't start in range of players not up on the bridge. Not different at all.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    My thoughts on Huolon griefing is that Blizzard should just up and ban these idiotic dipshits who did it (and similar things) to begin with.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was arguing for Huolon being griefing behavior. The person I was responding to was trying to characterize gliding to areas / killing mobs as routine behavior, and I was using the engineers/bomb statement to discredit the notion that "routine behavior" is always acceptable. Rhorle seems unwilling / unable to see the difference between killing a mob quickly (which I called a routine behavior), and killing Huolon at its old spawn point
    It isn't routine behavior to kill a mob at its spawn point? The difference you fail to see with killing Huolon at its spawn point and using bombs to respawn a platform is that one was a glitch in the code. Killing Huolon was not a glitch. You know this as you made the distinction and called the engineering bombs a glitch when you first made the comparison.

There was nothing malfunctioning about Huolon being able to be killed at his spawn point. There was something malfunctioning when Saronite bombs could rebuild a platform on the Lich King encounter. It is not routine for engineering bombs to rebuild platforms on boss encounters so your argument is invalid on all fronts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is happy glad they fix the issue of those idiots pulling Huolon at top of the bridge at his spawn point and disallowing others to have a shot at him...and no other shouldn't have to go get gliders and use crane statue and make they are on top of the bridge just to get a shot at the rare....its very childish of those that did this...too bad they will never grow up out of their mom's basement with that type of game play.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    its very childish of those that did this...too bad they will never grow up out of their mom's basement with that type of game play.
    how ironic, getting joy making fun of others, by making fun of those who makes fun of others
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

I can understand why most people are getting frustrated with this, but I find this hilarious. And I'm sure whoever would do this would feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by KissyKissyBangBang View Post
    I can understand why most people are getting frustrated with this, but I find this hilarious. And I'm sure whoever would do this would feel the same way.
    I can understand if something like this would entertain a person for...say...10 minutes (and being 10 probably helps too) but in cases like these it's often the same people doing it day in day out. I am more curious as to where do they find the will to do something this boring than I'd be frustrated at their behavior.

A while back I got ganked by a level 90 while I was leveling in Storm peaks. Ok so I ress and he does it again then I go make some coffee, smoke a cig, browse some forums, all of which I was about to do anyway so he didn't really prevent me from playing. Occasionally I give a nudge to my dead character so he doesn't go afk (prime time, high pop server, don't want them queues). This goes on for about 30 mins and he's there waiting the whole time. I just want to get inside the head of a person like this and see what's going on there.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2014-02-07 at 07:20 PM.

So will you wait for everyone to get to a rare on the timeless isle before you kill it? Because if you don't you are inconveniencing other players for no reason. You could easily wait to kill the rare.
    This is not the same thing. Waiting to kill the rare is going to inconvenience you. Getting into a special hard-to-reach spot and camping the mob so that you can deprive others of the kill is inconveniencing you for the sole purpose of screwing the players on the ground over. Can you not see the difference between neglecting to go out of your way to help others and going out of your way to piss others off? The first is forgiveable. The latter is outright despicable.

Also them moving the spawn point is not proof it was considered griefing by blizzard. They change things all of the time and not just because it is griefing or can be used to grief.
    Whatever you say. They just love to change things for the hell of it to mix things up because they don't have better uses for their developers' time. Better yet, they are so gung-ho about random changes that they take the trouble to hotfix them. Sorry, but Blizzard is a business, not some high schooler's online playground.

- - - Updated - - -

Right but you are not excluding them. They can tag the rare by getting to a location that is with in their abilities range. It is no different then Garnia being secluded and behind a 4 min albatross ride. Is it now griefing to attack Garnia in its spawn location because anyone who cant get a hit in because they are not in the right location?
    No, because players know that they should camp Garnia at that spot if they want to attack it. The same was not true of Huolon. Most of the time you could tag it from the ground unless some jerk explicitly went out of their way to make it inaccessible. No one is saying that everyone should wait to attack a mob (it's polite to wait at least 30 seconds or so, but it's certainly not required). That, however, is not the same as going out of your way to move to a hard-to-reach spot and camping the mob for the sole purpose of depriving others of the kill. I'm starting to sound like a broken record. What is so hard to understand about the difference between the two situations?

Huolon didn't start in range of players not up on the bridge. Not different at all.
    You don't understand what the complaint is about, do you? The problem was that the players up on the bridge were unable to kill it because other players were using a glider to reach a spot above the bridge so those players could no longer reach it. No one is arguing that Huolon should be attackable by players that haven't run up the bridge yet. The problem was that players who had been camping Huolon by the bridge were also being deprived of a shot at tagging it.
    Last edited by Ronduwil; 2014-02-07 at 07:37 PM.

What a toxic community...

I love all the people in here acting like the cool kids and saying this is okay.

Meanwhile, Blizzard is moving his spawn point. Good evidence that anyone doing this was negatively affecting the game for no particular reason.

Oh, and anyone who thinks this is okay or justified in any way, shape, or form has the mental capacity of a 12 year old. That is a fact, not an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlikemyrage View Post
    What a toxic community...

I love all the people in here acting like the cool kids and saying this is okay.

Meanwhile, Blizzard is moving his spawn point. Good evidence that anyone doing this was negatively affecting the game for no particular reason.

Oh, and anyone who thinks this is okay or justified in any way, shape, or form has the mental capacity of a 12 year old. That is a fact, not an opinion.
    Actually, this is just a game and this "world boss" is just a little bit of gimmicky fun and certainly nothing to get upset about. The fact that so many people in this thread are acting as if this is some travesty of justice suggests that their real lives are empty. In pretty much every other MMO I've played, this sort of ruthlessly selfish behaviour is part of the nature of a competitive game. Boss stealing, using loopholes to deny loot to others, it's hardly controversial or even particularly immoral.

tldr; get a life.