Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy181 View Post
    Don't think I'd consider it griefing (to be fair, I couldn't care less about the mount) since you could theoretically join them up there where he spawns. If Blizzard has a problem with the behavior, they can always make the mob spawn at ground level instead of in some area not easily reached by people.
    And that's exactly what they did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Bloody coins would like to have a word with you.
    Good luck getting a bloody coin on a PvE server.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

This has been fixed. He will now spawn on the ground.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose View Post
    Are you implying those those coins are something for competitive players? *chuckles*
    I think he is saying they are a blizzard sanctioned element that lets players grief others.

Bloody coins would like to have a word with you.
    ROFL good one, almost spilled my coffee there. Bloody coins and competitive players.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    It's super easy to trick people into hitting you.

Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    I think he is saying they are a blizzard sanctioned element that lets players grief others.
    PvP is not considered griefing, especially not on PvP servers. Most of the time PvP is an opt-in activity, although there are times when you are forcibly drawn into it by virtue of having a flagged player in your raid. Players on PvE servers can always wait out the flag before respawning and/or clear it by hopping aboard a taxi. Blizzard has gone pretty far out of its way to mitigate PvP griefers.
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose View Post
    Are you implying those those coins are something for competitive players? *chuckles*
    How do you earn Bloody coins? PvP. All PvP is competitive.

- - - Updated - - -

That is irrelevant to your point and my statement. The Timeless isle is just as much for competitive people as it is for those who don't like competing.

- - - Updated - - -

PvP is not considered griefing, especially not on PvP servers. Most of the time PvP is an opt-in activity, although there are times when you are forcibly drawn into it by virtue of having a flagged player in your raid. Players on PvE servers can always wait out the flag before respawning and/or clear it by hopping aboard a taxi. Blizzard has gone pretty far out of its way to mitigate PvP griefers.
    And apparently PvP is not a competitive thing. Funny how double standards exist to justify a point.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

What really is confusing is that it is often the same tiny group of players that does all sorts of crap like this. They seem to spend most of their game time figuring out how to make the game less fun for a majority of players. Why are they still around?

If it was my game and I found a handful of morons ruining all my hard work for no reason I would want to get them out as quickly as possible. Griefers, trade trolls etc just need to go. Why isn't Blizzard giving them a perma ban?

They are very few and chances are that once the banwave starts a lot of people are going to shape up real fast.

How do you earn Bloody coins? PvP. All PvP is competitive.

- - - Updated - - -

That is irrelevant to your point and my statement. The Timeless isle is just as much for competitive people as it is for those who don't like competing.
    ROFL. People in full PVP gear or raid gear going to the island and farming people who have just hit 90 and are looking to gear up and get out of their quest greens and blues. So competitive, LOL. Next you're going to tell me that it's competitive PVP to go farm low level players in starting zones.

cabyio is right. It's blizzard implemented griefing more than it is competitive pvp.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...t&n=Swampmoose

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    Stop getting horny goo, judge on cd.

Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    It's super easy to trick people into hitting you.
    If you're so desperately sad and lonely that you actually devote time to finding ways of tricking me into hitting you I'll grant you your five seconds of pleasure. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I'll probably use the five minutes required to clear my flag to walk around for a bit. WoW induces me to sit for far longer than what's healthy. The Huolon griefing, however, was another story. Some players want the mount so badly that they'll camp that bridge for tens of minutes. I could see why someone would be frustrated by players pulling the mob out of reach out of pure spite. That situation can't be remedied by a five minute break.

If you're so desperately sad and lonely that you actually devote time to finding ways of tricking me into hitting you I'll grant you your five seconds of pleasure. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I'll probably use the five minutes required to clear my flag to walk around for a bit. WoW induces me to sit for far longer than what's healthy. The Huolon griefing, however, was another story. Some players want the mount so badly that they'll camp that bridge for tens of minutes. I could see why someone would be frustrated by players pulling the mob out of reach out of pure spite. That situation can't be remedied by a five minute break.
    I don't do the bloody coins thing myself. I've just seen people cuddle up to rares and they usually get at least 1 or 2 people to accidentally hit them.

As for the huolon thing... I dunno, doesnt seem like that big of a deal. If it happened to me I would figure out how they got up there and do the same so next time I don't miss it. Problem solved. I guess I like to solve my own problems and not piss and moan and hope someone does it for me.