LF Rogue Arena 2s Tips

So I guess I'll start the armories of my partner and I.
    Sub Rogue(Me): Rpgeesus Lightbringer
    Holy Paladin(Partner): Daddyfatsax

Sorry can't post links. so I had to take out armory links.

I'm almost full Grievous and have the rest tyrannical except for the one ring. I'm fully gemmed but enchants could clearly be better and the healer needs some work. The problem isn't the healer though, it's me.

We hover around the 1450-1550 range and I feel like we can do so much better. Our biggest problem is healer comps and the games last forever like easily 10 minutes every time if the other healer isn't bad. The problem we run into is that I can't manage to kill the main target. So we open not really blowing any offensives. We set up I get SnD and Rupture rolling on the target then we set up our CC to go for the kill where I blow Shadow Dance and Shadow Blades and he chains his blind/fear/stun while I just try and kill the target and if the guy still isn't dead by then I throw up Smoke Bomb. It seems to never work and maybe it's our execution but I just can't seem to pull it off. So we go at this for like 10 minutes trying to set up the perfect thing again but I always seem to fail at killing them under 5%. Then we either get lucky and kill them or finally die or someone just quits cause it's been 10-15 minutes of the same shit and it's annoying/boring. Then we get to the damage screen and I'm pretty grossly outdamaged by mostly everything.

So any general tips I should know for going against 1 healer 1 DPS and like who I should focus and so forth.

Deleted
    Its perfectly normal to not kill in the first burst. Most games you will force some big def cds with the first burst and kill in the second when their def cds are still on cooldown.

also hope you got hemo glyph + talent for 10% damage in stun. +mfd

Quote Originally Posted by Shapeduz View Post
    Not sure if this helps alot, but get hemo glyph so u dont have to waste cp's on rupture cos it does close to 0 dmg. And how do u burst in dance? I mean like whats ur priority/rotation?

And also u shud try to open with more pressure to force their defensives early. You say matches last for 10-15min? why not open with dance and shadowblades then or atleast dance. You can dance with use trinket every min so you shud get some pressure with that.
    Thanks everyone for all the quick and helpful answers.

I do use the Hemo glyph and when I go into shadow dance spam ambush to 5 CPs then Eviscerate possibly Kidney shot if I need it for some reason.

Seriously thanks for the answer guys. Pretty much reassured me that we were trying to do the right thing and all we really need to do is just practice execution and pay attention to defensive cds/trinkets.

It might be easier for you to get rating by going mutilate at those ratings brackets if you're having trouble. It doesn't have the same high-ratings potential as subtlety, but if you just want better ratings while figuring arena out, the massive sustained pressure from the dots makes a big difference. What makes an even bigger difference though, if you're not an arena pro, is that the spec is just plain easier to play, so you can concentrate on watching the match more instead of trying to manage everything perfectly to make subtlety damage work properly.

Just a thought, and I assume many people will disagree with it, but I'm guessing it would work for at to get you 100-pt-bumped to at least the 1550-1650 brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by discoepfeand View Post
    It might be easier for you to get rating by going mutilate at those ratings brackets if you're having trouble. It doesn't have the same high-ratings potential as subtlety, but if you just want better ratings while figuring arena out, the massive sustained pressure from the dots makes a big difference. What makes an even bigger difference though, if you're not an arena pro, is that the spec is just plain easier to play, so you can concentrate on watching the match more instead of trying to manage everything perfectly to make subtlety damage work properly.

Just a thought, and I assume many people will disagree with it, but I'm guessing it would work for at to get you 100-pt-bumped to at least the 1550-1650 brackets.
    Yeah I started Mutilate and loved it but to go with a healer I really need the burst that sub brings.

Thanks for your input!