Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    He's a typical opportunistic politician.

Its no surprise or coincidence that its getting close to the time that a person who wants to run for President in 2016 starts throwing a fit about something that's been going on for years that he's done nothing about since being in office.

No surprise at all.
    Except he has been consistent on his positions concerning civil liberties... since he has been in office.

He's a typical opportunistic politician.

Its no surprise or coincidence that its getting close to the time that a person who wants to run for President in 2016 starts throwing a fit about something that's been going on for years that he's done nothing about since being in office.

No surprise at all.
    he voted against the patriot act

Good thing he did something about the NSA in the two years since he's been in office, amirite!?

TRUE MURICAN!

No, he's just a power hungry douchebag like the rest of Congress taking advantage of fools who think he's some special politician.

Deleted
    Good thing he did something about the NSA in the two years since he's been in office, amirite!?

TRUE MURICAN!

No, he's just a power hungry douchebag like the rest of Congress taking advantage of fools who think he's some special politician.
    What was he supposed to do? Most of the people that even "knew" about what the NSA is doing hardly even actually knew. Even if they did they were not allowed to talk about it. Now that everyone knows it will be a lot easier to fight this shit. Not only that, but he's doing a class action lawsuit. If he tried to anything before he would have to act alone..

I guess you must be saying that organizing is a bad thing, though.

Clearly, that is definitely what I was saying.

Jesus christ lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    What was he supposed to do?
    How about start with members if his own party that insisted on having NSA provisions be part of the defense budget? Going after Obama, when he was part of the congress that couldn't get a clean NDAA for Obama to sign and a member of the party that Pushed patriot act... Is pure politics that will not have real results, outside blame Obama rhetoric...

Most of the people that even "knew" about what the NSA is doing hardly even actually knew. Even if they did they were not allowed to talk about it. Now that everyone knows it will be a lot easier to fight this shit. Not only that, but he's doing a class action lawsuit. If he tried to anything before he would have to act alone..
    The phone taping requests were made public about 10 years ago. The patriot act isn't new, but was voted on even last year. He was also not alone, but with every congress member that voted against it. Would that just include too many democrats?

Organizing while being a member of both the governing body responsible for the wording of the NDAA and the political party that pushed the Patriot Act that justified it's NSA provisions? Organizing isn't bad, but doing so for nothing more than chest beating, is pretty wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    he voted against the patriot act
    He is also a member of a party that overwhelmingly supports it and the congress that couldn't get an NDAA without NSA provisions, but is going after Obama. I realize he didn't vote for it, but he can reach those responsible far easier, both when he is sitting next to them at work and from whom he caucuses with.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    What was he supposed to do? Most of the people that even "knew" about what the NSA is doing hardly even actually knew. Even if they did they were not allowed to talk about it. Now that everyone knows it will be a lot easier to fight this shit. Not only that, but he's doing a class action lawsuit. If he tried to anything before he would have to act alone..

He isn't saying that, what a strawman.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

grand standing and he knows it, every branch of the government has signed off on what the NSA is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    How about start with members if his own party that insisted on having NSA provisions be part of the defense budget? Going after Obama, when he was part of the congress that couldn't get a clean NDAA for Obama to sign and a member of the party that Pushed patriot act... Is pure politics that will not have real results, outside blame Obama rhetoric...

The phone taping requests were made public about 10 years ago. The patriot act isn't new, but was voted on even last year. He was also not alone, but with every congress member that voted against it. Would that just include too many democrats?

Organizing while being a member of both the governing body responsible for the wording of the NDAA and the political party that pushed the Patriot Act that justified it's NSA provisions? Organizing isn't bad, but doing so for nothing more than chest beating, is pretty wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

He is also a member of a party that overwhelmingly supports it and the congress that couldn't get an NDAA without NSA provisions, but is going after Obama. I realize he didn't vote for it, but he can reach those responsible far easier, both when he is sitting next to them at work and from whom he caucuses with.

Republicans put forth a bill that would have defunded the NSA, it wasn't a partisan vote. The Republican party is beginning to finally split away from only electing Christian Right fascist clowns. Yes the republicans passed the first patriot act, but the democrats passed the reauthorization and Obama signed it. So the "its all republicans fault" doesnt work anymore. I think Rand is playing politics here, but I also trust him on the issue of civil liberties more than any other member of the senate.
    As for your assertion that he isn't taking on people of his own party.....thats not really how it works. He is playing his cards right to try and win the Republican nomination in 2016, then we will see what his true colors are. I was a huge Ron Paul supporter last cycle but he was downright horrible at debating in my opinion. Rand is much better at speaking.

"defund the NSA". Jesus christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Drones, ACA, Benghazi...with the latter being one of the more recent glaring examples. In Rand's case the apple didn't fall far from the tree.
    Can you explain what he was wrong about and how he was "acting loony" what ever that means?
    I'm not saying I agree or disagree with him or you, just curious what you think he was wrong or loony about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    I don't know much about Rand Paul, but I think it is fair to say he tried to reach those responsible first. They just didn't want to be a part of it for several reasons. That however isn't saying they agree or disagree with him. I think it is common knowledge a great deal of both republicans and democrats are controlled by special interests, so regardless of their personal opinions, they are forced to vote or side with the popular vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefeng View Post
    I've having trouble understanding why he's suing The President and the NSA for doing something that was expressly required of them by the Patriot Act, which Rand's own Republican party rammed through Congress last decade.
    This is the kind of absolute game they want us all to play, sadly it seems the vast majority of people are playing it.

"The damn liberals!" "The damn conservatives!"

How about we say "The damn whores that have sold our country off and now seek to pit us against each other."?''

Stop believing you have to label yourselves. Start thinking for yourselves on the issues instead of being lumped into one group or lumping somebody else into it. These labels are just distractions. Oh, how well they work.
    I would love to have nice things in game but the game is just too hard for me to earn them in.

Don't worry friend, let us go to the Blizzard store!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    Your in the wrong because ... you haven't been smart

10+ Year Old Account
    Republicans put forth a bill that would have defunded the NSA, it wasn't a partisan vote. The Republican party is beginning to finally split away from only electing Christian Right fascist clowns. Yes the republicans passed the first patriot act, but the democrats passed the reauthorization and Obama signed it.
    Here is a vote on the repeal of indefinite detention in the house:
    http://votesmart.org/bill/votes/39904#.UskJ1n-9KSM

Ron Paul is one of less then 11% of republicans who voted for it. I'm not calling republicans names, I'm going by record.

So the "its all republicans fault" doesnt work anymore. I think Rand is playing politics here, but I also trust him on the issue of civil liberties more than any other member of the senate.
    Not McCain, who reached across the aisle to oppose the NDAA provision during the near 10 month it took to pass?

As for your assertion that he isn't taking on people of his own party.....thats not really how it works. He is playing his cards right to try and win the Republican nomination in 2016, then we will see what his true colors are. I was a huge Ron Paul supporter last cycle but he was downright horrible at debating in my opinion. Rand is much better at speaking.
    His true colors? He speaks like a libertarian, acts like a libertarian... But, gets his campaign funding from republicans... If you want someone who is the colors Ron and Rand peacock in, you should have voted Gary Johnson... He will be those colors in 2016, just like 2012...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    "defund the NSA". Jesus christ.
    The legacy of the "Defund Obamacare" nonsense isn't going to be, you know, the actual defunding of a very modest, pretty conservative, entirely shitty market-based reform of the health care.

It's going to be the idiocy of "Defund ______________!!!" where ______________ is "whatever I don't like" for the waterbrained monkey proposing it.

God help us all.

- - - Updated - - -

The Republican party is beginning to finally split away from only electing Christian Right fascist clowns. .
    Except that pretty well describes the tea party.

Overwhelmingly white, male, evangelical Christians.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    I don't know much about Rand Paul, but I think it is fair to say he tried to reach those responsible first.
    No, that's an unfair assumption, judging by the state of congress that Rand Paul is a part of.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    They just didn't want to be a part of it for several reasons. That however isn't saying they agree or disagree with him. I think it is common knowledge a great deal of both republicans and democrats are controlled by special interests, so regardless of their personal opinions, they are forced to vote or side with the popular vote.
    What does special interest have to do with this? Is the reason why Rand Paul targets Obama and not either his judicial coworkers or political party, special interest? That's personal interest, nothing special about it... He calls out Obama, instead of those he works with or caucuses with... Not special at all, just personal...

Deleted
    This thread like every other thread about politics is the very essence of it. Some politician goes on a rant jsut to strut his feathers around and behold, multi-page argument about who is the good guy and the bad guy in politics and who did what and who didn't do anything.

While the good people argue about what some biased news agency presents to them in a sugar wrapped box, the politicians are laughing all the way to the bank because they are ofcourse getting away with our money. It's the oldest trick in the book, shift the attention to something else while you do your thing so you won't get caught. It has worked for generations now and it looks like it won't stop soon.

Just because some nobody who's preparing to run for president in a couple of years says a couple of big words about the government on national TV it doesn't mean politics will soon be cured of corruption and the new dawn is upon us. It only means that there is a high probability of a nobody being the president again.