Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    SnD is part of the reason I don't play my rogue anymore. It's not fun to juggle (feels like it always wears off mid fight *like even against mobs*) and is way clunkier then Inquisition. I really wish they would bake it into other abilities, like put it in Recup for Sub or something. I know that would make it a 2 for 1 ability but juggling two short duration buffs is way harder then just one. Of course if they do something like that they'll probably make Recup only last like 8 sec...

Quote Originally Posted by rinleezwins View Post
    It's just like paladins' Inquisition. Nobody likes it, but everybody has to keep it up. It should be tweaked somehow.
    Not quite. SnD refreshes itself when you use a finisher, Inquisition always has to be used to get it going again. But, on the other hand a pallys combo points are on him and he can freely switch targets and use the combo points on a new target, rogues keep the 1 set of combo points on one target only - very lame and shitty mechanic. Creates a need for even worse abilities like redirect, because that's a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Not quite. SnD refreshes itself when you use a finisher, Inquisition always has to be used to get it going again. But, on the other hand a pallys combo points are on him and he can freely switch targets and use the combo points on a new target, rogues keep the 1 set of combo points on one target only - very lame and shitty mechanic. Creates a need for even worse abilities like redirect, because that's a good time.
    Oh, I have not played a rogue for a while, didn't know there was a refresh mechanic. Would love to see it on ret pally though.

It's for one spec only.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

maybe slice and dice should stack per combo point up to 30 seconds; every one combo point stacke the slice and dice buff 6 seconds could get by on rotation every six seconds. realistically just having slice and dice be passive in it's currant state seems fair.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

All these ideas to remove SnD and replace it with something passive are absolutely retarded. You want to dumb our class down more? SnD may be passive damage, but it is actively maintained. Any suggested solution which ends up with us having less actively maintained abilities is garbage. This includes baking it into our dd finisher and having it just proc from auto attacks.

Slice and dice for combat makes sense. It just has to do more for the spec, like enabling a proc intra duration. For Assa it can go burn in hell as it should since wotlk. For Sub it should probably be replaced with something else like a finisher that enables the use of Shadow dance for x secs per CP.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Not everyone is Assassination. Agreed about combo points being stuck to the target though. Every time I play my monk I just get mad on my rogue's behalf. And don't even get me started on monk abilities costing EITHER energy or chi and not both...

Anyways, Slice and Dice should remain as is. I think if rogues need any changes it'd be remove the energy cost from finishers and have them only consume combo points. Even if rebalanced to net no additional damage it would still be a nice quality of life change.

i'm all in for a might of malorne for roars. makes snd pasive. would be lovely for pvp:P

Quote Originally Posted by Infective View Post
    Anyways, Slice and Dice should remain as is. I think if rogues need any changes it'd be remove the energy cost from finishers and have them only consume combo points.
    I don't like this idea, because they would have to change the scaling on these moves. Right now the damage goes linear with the CP, but the energy cost goes up with less CPs.

I could see this for kidney shot and recuperate though. That would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    I don't like this idea, because they would have to change the scaling on these moves. Right now the damage goes linear with the CP, but the energy cost goes up with less CPs.
    How about making relentless strikes lower finisher cost per cp.

This idea is inferior compared to 'Delete slice and dice, reduce energy costs by N%'.

Every time I play a rogue, I feel like I'm sitting around waiting to do something. It already has one of the slowest playstyles, imo, in the game, except for the few seconds after an Envenom. Removing SnD seems like it would worsen that effect.

And honestly, with Anticipation, 5 cp every 30s (for combat/sub) doesn't seem all that difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    doesn't seem all that difficult.
    I don't think difficulty has anything to do with peoples reasons for the topics in this thread.