Deleted

Unsure if I sitll have a job.

So basicly I work in a Chiense Restaurant for 2 years now and since 30th decemember i had a accident during swimming in the morning when I had to work during the midday, and I came at work around 4ish in the day explaing what happend as I was able to contact them

They said we call u whe nwe need you again so I simply wait for working mostly on weekends, I dont get called, so I decide to call my boss go's we already have enough people so yea that pissed me off, casue when I asked like 'Do I still haev a job?'' He tried to doge it fully.

So my question is is this allowed not to tell someone they are fired and just wait till you get called again?

Or should I seek someone from a work organization to help me?

Start looking for another job. 'We'll call you when we need you' is pretty much the same as 'you're fired'.

Unless you can prove you were discriminated against, or fired for a disability, there isn't much you can do.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you didn't sign a contract then I'd assume they can pretty much take liberties. I'd say, in that case, you never had a stable job.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    If you didn't sign a contract then I'd assume they can pretty much take liberties. I'd say, in that case, you never had a stable job.
    I did sign a contract thoguh buts one of those 0 hours one so yea also it was part time but i think they have the right to tell me they dont need me anymore instead of letting me wait fornothing right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't today the start of the first weekend after December 30th?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately some businesses are cowards and will simply stop scheduling someone... :\

10+ Year Old Account
    While you're probably not technically fired, you're being ushered out. They will likely keep you on their roster in case they get in a pinch and need someone to come in on short notice...otherwise you're not likely to hear from them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Isn't today the start of the first weekend after December 30th?
    yeah, admittedly, OP, your post is a bit incoherent, but from what I can tell, it's been five days since your "accident" and the weekend which you usually work starts today...?
    Yeah, it sounds like you're fired, but it's barely Saturday...maybe they still need you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jedijesse View Post
    yeah, admittedly, OP, your post is a bit incoherent, but from what I can tell, it's been five days since your "accident" and the weekend which you usually work starts today...?
    Yeah, it sounds like you're fired, but it's barely Saturday...maybe they still need you
    Yeah, not sure of his time zone, but I woke up for my weekend less than 2 hours ago... There is a lot of weekend left...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StormiNL View Post
    I did sign a contract thoguh buts one of those 0 hours one so yea also it was part time but i think they have the right to tell me they dont need me anymore instead of letting me wait fornothing right?
    They have no obligation to offer you work, but they can call on you if it comes up. I would search for a new job whilst putting on your CV that you are currently employed. You still have the same rights as any other worker though, assuming you are from the UK. That means they cannot fire you for taking a short time off due to injury.

If they want to break the contract then they need to wait a full calendar week to do so however. You'll know for sure in 1-2 days I guess, because that is when they can legally break the contract and let you go.

Here's more information on 0 hour contracts: http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=4468
    Last edited by Theodon; 2014-01-04 at 07:11 PM.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Seems like a terrible reason to fire someone... I would assume they wouldn't fire you over an accident you explained to him, that happened once.

I don't know the law fully though to say if they are allowed. Even if you were fire though, didn't sound like the best job in the world, and it was part time. I'm sure it's easily replaceable

Deleted
    1. Step in there, demand workhours

2a. If you get your workhours, ignore the rest of the post.
    2b. You don't get your workhours? Continue to step 3

3. Wait untill boss is gone and only new people / friend colleagues are on shift

4. Steal expensive liquor.

5. Walk out like everythings cool, that means like a bawz

6. Find new job and don't ever return there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Many employers don't have the guts to tell someone upfront that they're fired. You probably don't have a job anymore by the sound of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Many employers don't have the guts to tell someone upfront that they're fired. You probably don't have a job anymore by the sound of it.
    I'm not sure why people are saying this.

I've fired people. I've seen people fired. I have yet to have a single position anywhere in my career, including McDonalds at 16 years old, where the company was afraid to tell someone they're let go.

As for the OP, I'd find a better job that has stable hours.