Herald of the Titans

Hi, I just ended gearing up a priest for Herald of the Titans. Got gear for both shadow and healing, with slightly better shadow gear.
    I'm undecided about which spec I want to do it with, anyone with experience doing this?
    Also what about stat prio? Are they the same as on 90? Or is it worth reforging into mastery on 80?

Thanks for your input

Most likely anything will do since it's extremely easy nowadays. Find a group on openraid and you should 2-3 shot it if you just use proper enchants and ~220 gear and have moderate knowledge of tactics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mastery tends to scale waaay better then the other stats at lvl 80, so you should probably stack mastery (I think you can actually hit 100% shadowy recall at 80)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Even suggest going mastery with disc?

With the crazy base damage of some spells at lower levels it's entirely possible that you might pull more dps with disc or holy than shadow. Might be worth checking out on the dummies in case you go as damage.

by 80 it usually evens out, In full BiS twink gear on my 80 I'm doing 4-5x more dmg as shadow. Prior to the enchant scaling/nerf I was seeing 90-110k dps in a raid situation, Bursting as high as 250k. In disc with the same gear was more like 30-40k. Every single heal capped DA if it crit in that setup, That obviously decreases the value of mastery a bit. Crit build still seemed really strong for disc still though.

As far as shadow goes, As others have said, mastery is awesome at 80, Get whatever haste you can, preferably to the same breakpoints as you would aim for at 90 and then all out mastery. 25% should be easily attainable in that gear.

Just wear whatever 10man ulduar gear you can the cata base heal values and MoP passives make you 2-3x stronger than a wotlk char. It's as big of a joke as "classic" raiders with 10k shield slams and 5000 base health at level 60 doing molten core.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    by 80 it usually evens out, In full BiS twink gear on my 80 I'm doing 4-5x more dmg as shadow. Prior to the enchant scaling/nerf I was seeing 90-110k dps in a raid situation, Bursting as high as 250k. In disc with the same gear was more like 30-40k. Every single heal capped DA if it crit in that setup, That obviously decreases the value of mastery a bit. Crit build still seemed really strong for disc still though.

As far as shadow goes, As others have said, mastery is awesome at 80, Get whatever haste you can, preferably to the same breakpoints as you would aim for at 90 and then all out mastery. 25% should be easily attainable in that gear.
    Are you sure those numbers are correct? Seems pretty high for a level 80 to me

Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    Just wear whatever 10man ulduar gear you can the cata base heal values and MoP passives make you 2-3x stronger than a wotlk char. It's as big of a joke as "classic" raiders with 10k shield slams and 5000 base health at level 60 doing molten core.
    the normal dps back in ulduar gear was 6-8k with tops around 12k only in ICC with the buff ppl were doing up to 20k with legendery, so chars can be on upwards 10 times stronger than back in ulduar.

Quote Originally Posted by LickMeh View Post
    Are you sure those numbers are correct? Seems pretty high for a level 80 to me
    Prior to the nerf, yup. Now not so much.

Had 600 tailoring (285 leg enchant and lightweave embroidery) and 600 herbalism, (2880 haste, which works out to just over 90% haste at that level, on a 2 min cd no less). The 409 gear in combination with those professions was insane, Even more so on plate classes, where they have all the pieces to choose from rather than just 7 or 8 like I did.

Hardest thing I did was solo sarth 10 man and the cata 5 mans I was able to get into, But if you look around you'll see pali's and DK's soloing even level 85 and 90 raid content prior to vengance nerfs.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Oreid/advanced for the interested. Note that armory shows the enchants at the lvl 90 versions, even though they scale down in game.
    Last edited by Nestar; 2014-01-05 at 04:44 PM.

dont even need close to BIS its a cakewalk

whats with all the mop gear talk, wasn't herald of the titans capped at 232 gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    whats with all the mop gear talk, wasn't herald of the titans capped at 232 gear?
    Indeed, 226 gear with 232 weapon/OH/shields max

Deleted
    Should be virtually solo healable by a discipline priest. If you can achieve a LFR level of healing on your discipline priest, duo healing should be a one shot. Just watch your toes w/o tunneling raid frames. Mastery is very OP for the fight. You don't need BiS gear at all. All the above min maxing, nice to brag about but not really needed.

Deleted
    Just sign up as both specs on openraid..
    Many Herald groups lack healers on the signups (did it last week on my prot warrior)

Maxed proffs + cata food flask and if everyone uses that than you dont need bis.
    Reforge everything to mastery.

Did it in 1 shot without Heroism all it took was ~4mins including the RP talk.
    Disc is nice for the heals + DPS and the massive shields + Pain suppression for the big bangs so one more can stay outside for max dps.