Shadowburn, help plaese.

can someone explain to me whats the rotation like when the boss is at 20% below? how many embers do you use for chaos bolt and shadowburn?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by suxorz1994 View Post
    can someone explain to me whats the rotation like when the boss is at 20% below? how many embers do you use for chaos bolt and shadowburn?
    You do your normal rotation, just replace Chaos Bolt with Shadowburn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadowburn completely replaces Chaos Bolt unless you somehow get a huge crit and/or haste buff. (In the range of either over 120% crit total or similar haste. Happens on Alysrazor, potentially other fights that I can't remember)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Use shadowburn unless your chaos bolt is at or below 1 sec cast time.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Shadowburn completely replaces Chaos Bolt unless you somehow get a huge crit and/or haste buff. (In the range of either over 120% crit total or similar haste. Happens on Alysrazor, potentially other fights that I can't remember)
    CB gain from crit is capped at 100%, and shouldn't bias you one way or the other, unless you prefer higher minimum damage done rather than higher average damage done for that fight.
    Yes to haste as it approaches 1sec CB though
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2014-01-05 at 10:25 PM.

You need a lot of haste to make chaos bolt under 20% worth it. Just treat shadow burn exactly like you did chaos bolt the other 80% of the fight and you will be good!

Another thing to note here is that you shouldn't just be SB'ing as soon as you can. Preferably you want build embers then get a proc or two and then unload on your target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    I may be completely wrong, because the whole idea of crit chance/ rating confuses me sometimes. But wouldn't a MASSIVE crit buff only serve shadowburn better due to a much higher chance to crit (with shadowburn crits being higher than a chaos bolt crit)?

The way I understand it is it's only worth to cast a chaos bolt if under some SERIOUS haste buffs (berserking, blood lust, meta gem together)

Deleted
    as ookingdooker said, chaos bolt is only worth casting over shadowburn when chaos bolt has the same "cast time" as shadowburn, meaning chaos bolt having a cast time of 1 sec which happens very very rarely.