Soloing Lich King and Yogg

So as the title says i want to try and start soloing the two bosses for the mounts.

I am currently at 528 ilvl and i was wandering if i can do that with my current ILVL.I would really aprpeciate some tips regarding especialy yogg,like builds,choice of pet and general advice regarding those bosses.Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.

EDIT: I am a hunter.

Honestly I'm just going to wait 'till level 100 to farm them.

Deleted
    You'll have a seriously hard time soloing the both of them with such a low ilevel, and I doubt your DPS will be enough to kill Yogg before he starts spawning an army of adds which hit extremely hard. I'd suggest getting a lot higher ilevel or wait till level 100, unless the item squish ruins the ability to solo old content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yogg is easy. LK... I haven't tried to solo personally but I don't see it being an issue if you just want the kill, and not the achieves.

For Yogg, you just need to remember to get the keepers to help you.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Yogg is easy. LK... I haven't tried to solo personally but I don't see it being an issue if you just want the kill, and not the achieves.

LK is a huge DPS check, you need great control on your pet to keep agro on all of the adds, while making sure you have agro on yourself with one add so you don't get picked up by a Valkyr, with that low ilevel I think it'll be difficult for you to pull the minimum requirement of DPS before he reached enrage.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrT5yROQwc0 Possibly, but you'll probably need practice
    Last edited by mmoccec923c778; 2014-01-05 at 10:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPsucks View Post
    So as the title says i want to try and start soloing the two bosses for the mounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Stop giving bad advice... Yogg only drops mount without keepers..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    hmm how would u cope in the yogg fight if u get picked up by a tentical , is it even possible to solo yogg ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rizo View Post
    hmm how would u cope in the yogg fight if u get picked up by a tentical , is it even possible to solo yogg ?
    I guess that you let your pet attack the tentacle if you get picked up. I saw a video of a DK who just laid Death and Decay on the ground right before the spawn to kill the tentacle.

Deleted
    I solo both on HC every ID with my ilvl 566 Hunter.

LK 25 HC with 566 is almost a joke, just make sure to LoS the shit he is casting an to pass the plague.

Yogg 25 HC is even with 566 pretty hard and really annoying. You need to take the first portal, after you killed most of the tentacle. I dont know if its possible to kill the grabbing one without pet...

Not sure if that many people know this, but there is a dk who posted a chain of videos showing him defeat and complete every single raid in the game on 10m heroic up until TotES, ICC included. They were done pre 5.4, so you could definitely solo LK and Yogg as long s.as you understand fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Not sure if that many people know this, but there is a dk who posted a chain of videos showing him defeat and complete every single raid in the game on 10m heroic up until TotES, ICC included. They were done pre 5.4, so you could definitely solo LK and Yogg as long s.as you understand fights.
    Keyword, "DK". Just because a DK can solo something, doesn't mean a hunter can.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, get higher Ilvl. Try to grab as many Timeless/Flexible/Normal/Warforged pieces as possible. Ilvl540 should be enough to make it easy.

Yogg-saron:
    -Phase 1: put pet on passive on top of Sara. Kill adds on her. Do not have keepers helping you.
    -Phase 2: keep your pet on passive. Have it attack the grabbing tentacle, and then focus on the debuffing tentacles. If neither are up, focus on the big ones. Enter portals asap, and remember that a tentacle grabs you as soon as they spawn. Pop some cds on the brain if you see you can't make it in one phase.
    -Phase 3: throw your (passive) pet on a big tentacle, and blow cds on Yogg-saron. MD all the adds to your pet, and try to survive.

Lich King:
    -Phase 1: blow all cooldowns. Put your tanking pet in a corner; be sure he always has aggro. Go to the adds when Necrotic Plague is about to wear off, avoid shadow traps, and try to get out of line of sight when Infest is cast (by going behind a pillar).
    -Transition: finish off adds, do NOT get near them or you will die. Kill Orbs, throw a Serpent Sting to Arthas every now and then, and kill spawning adds.
    -Phase 2: be sure to get hit by Lich King at least once every minute so Val'kyrs don't grab you. Avoid Defile.
    -Transition: clear spawning adds.
    -Phase 3: finish off the adds, survive inside Frostmourne, survive the Vile Spirits.

I strongly recommend being in Marksmanship spec for both fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatty View Post
    Keyword, "DK". Just because a DK can solo something, doesn't mean a hunter can.
    Carilbad, a Hunter, soloed 25 Heroic LK hours after the first DK claimed the kill back in 5.1. It's only gotten easier since.

As for OP, you should really check each class forum for their respective solo threads and see what information you can find. I imagine Yogg is probably the easier of the two solos for you; just stock up on some purification potions so that when you enter the Brain room you can just blow up the brain in one go without having to deal with Apathy and Black Plague. Once you push you pretty much just pop whatever cds you have left and stare at Yogg until he dies, MDing adds to pet as they spawn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    First of all, get higher Ilvl. Try to grab as many Timeless/Flexible/Normal/Warforged pieces as possible. Ilvl540 should be enough to make it easy.

Yogg-saron:
    -Phase 1: put pet on passive on top of Sara. Kill adds on her. Do not have keepers helping you.
    -Phase 2: keep your pet on passive. Have it attack the grabbing tentacle, and then focus on the debuffing tentacles. If neither are up, focus on the big ones. Enter portals asap, and remember that a tentacle grabs you as soon as they spawn. Pop some cds on the brain if you see you can't make it in one phase.
    -Phase 3: throw your (passive) pet on a big tentacle, and blow cds on Yogg-saron. MD all the adds to your pet, and try to survive.

Lich King:
    -Phase 1: blow all cooldowns. Put your tanking pet in a corner; be sure he always has aggro. Go to the adds when Necrotic Plague is about to wear off, avoid shadow traps, and try to get out of line of sight when Infest is cast (by going behind a pillar).
    -Transition: finish off adds, do NOT get near them or you will die. Kill Orbs, throw a Serpent Sting to Arthas every now and then, and kill spawning adds.
    -Phase 2: be sure to get hit by Lich King at least once every minute so Val'kyrs don't grab you. Avoid Defile.
    -Transition: clear spawning adds.
    -Phase 3: finish off the adds, survive inside Frostmourne, survive the Vile Spirits.

I strongly recommend being in Marksmanship spec for both fights.
    To avoid getting grabbed by the Val'kyr you either have to be the main threat target of Lich King or a Raging Spirit.

I solo both these bosses in 4 characters per week, and I say 528 is more than enough for a hunter to do it (it's roughly the same as when I started on my own hunter).

Is it going to be easy though? No. Expect hours of wiping before you get the formula right on Lich King.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    To avoid getting grabbed by the Val'kyr you either have to be the main threat target of Lich King or a Raging Spirit.
    The encounter considers you a tank if you get hit by the Lich King at least once every minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    The encounter considers you a tank if you get hit by the Lich King at least once every minute.
    I can't say I understand how soloing works on pet classes as I don't have any. I'll take your word on that. But if you were running with multiple people both LK and Raging Spirit's highest threat targets can never be chosen to be grabbed by Val'kyr.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    You can cast spells and Pet so I use Pet with Blink Strike, Kill Command, and Dire Beast. However, my ilvl is too low to beat him later on :'-(

Fro mwhat I can tell, "Spells" work but not "Attacks"
    When you get grabbed by the Constricting Tentacle you are not facing the tentacle, hence any direct attacks fail. AoE and instants that do not require seeing your target (only that there aren't any LoS obstructions) are still usable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't say I understand how soloing works on pet classes as I don't have any. I'll take your word on that. But if you were running with multiple people both LK and Raging Spirit's highest threat targets can never be chosen to be grabbed by Val'kyr.
    Aye, it would normally work that way. The trick of being hit once and "becoming" a tank also works on heroic Cho'gall's mind control, and other bosses aswell.

Carilbad, a Hunter, soloed 25 Heroic LK hours after the first DK claimed the kill back in 5.1. It's only gotten easier since.
    Not trying to knock the OP, but I don't know if all of us can expect to be as badass as Carilbad or any of the other world first soloers. 528 sounds a bit dicey to me. Instead of wiping 50 times (or, even worse, 300+ times like some of the world first soloers have reported), it'd probably be easier to run some flex and get closer to 540 ilevel first.

Rather than remembering to taunt LK once a minute, I just keep one of the ragings alive and let it keep hitting me. One fewer thing to kill and at my ilevel it never even makes a noticeable dent in my health.