Thread: declawing pets.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    We adopted a declawed cat. She must have gotten it done when she was young. My cat rarely uses her paws like other cats would. Instead she bites the living snot out of objects and people. ( Playfully, mind you. )

I don't like declawing cats. But at the same time I'm not going to not adopt a declawed one just because someone else did it.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it always the same threads over and over. We've had this thread at least 3 times before. You declaw your cat and not your dog because your dog doesn't go around scratching on everything.

I have a feeling this topic keeps coming up because people get upset about it. People like to troll.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Why is it always the same threads over and over. We've had this thread at least 3 times before. You declaw your cat and not your dog because your dog doesn't go around scratching on everything.

I have a feeling this topic keeps coming up because people get upset about it. People like to troll.
    Just because you don't agree with the thread topic doesn't mean it is a "troll" topic.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    That is your anecdotal evidence, I prefer to listen to the evidence that got declawing banned in most of Europe, they do not make these laws lightly.
    I don't live in Europe, and I could care less what laws Europe has in place for its animals. It is a personal preference here in the US if I want my cat declawed or not. I chose to declaw my cat due to my leather furniture. And that was my right to do so.

Deleted
    wow i've never heared of declawing a cat :O i had a cat for 6-8 years with claws, i had to really annoy him to make him use them hehe. anyway imo it's kinda pathetic to remove a cat's claws only for your benefit ? should i remove your vingers so you can't exidentelly cut someone? if you don't want cat claws then don't take a cat, take a dog u f.k.ing lamer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    I don't live in Europe, and I could care less what laws Europe has in place for its animals. It is a personal preference here in the US if I want my cat declawed or not. I chose to declaw my cat due to my leather furniture. And that was my right to do so.
    Sadly, those in opposition cannot understand this and will just demonize you and scream in response.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    Sadly, those in opposition cannot understand this and will just demonize you and scream in response.
    Yeah, it's backwards and laughable; Thankfully the majority of European nations provide protection via legal means to animals.

I particularly enjoy it when a person says they got a cat whilst having leather furniture, rather than make the effort to prevent the cat from clawing it, they instead opt for permanent debilitating surgery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Yeah, it's backwards and laughable; Thankfully the majority of European nations provide protection via legal means to animals.

I particularly enjoy it when a person says they got a cat whilst having leather furniture, rather than make the effort to prevent the cat from clawing it, they instead opt for permanent debilitating surgery.
    I understand that it's strange and foreign to you. I respect you, but I don't agree with you I will continue to get any cats I own declawed.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Deleted
    I understand that it's strange and foreign to you. I respect you, but I don't agree with you I will continue to get any cats I own declawed.
    And that's your right, and should you ever move to this strange and foreign land you'd be imprisoned or banned from owning animals due to mutilating them needlessly

If you can't adjust your life to live with a pet who has claws get a house plant. Hopefully in the very near future the us will make this barbaric act illegal like it is most everywhere else in the world.

Because dogs don't look at you long and hard to make sure you are watching and then proceed to cole-slaw slice half of your couch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    As the title says. Why do we declaw cats and not dogs?
    We don't... Only cruel people do..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a matter of understanding. Cats are living beings not cars or toys. Unnecessary vanity surgery on unwilling living beings is cruel and should be illegal.

Owning something does not make it an unfeeling, lifeless item. By the argument of "I own it, therefore I can do whatever I want to it." you could tie your daughter down and give her breast implants, or a nose job, or cut off your kid's hands 'cause he picks his nose. We don't do those things because we empathize with our fellow beings. For a large bit of humanity, we also empathize with animals. If you can't empathize with your animal, why do you own one? For status? Decor? Entertainment?

Animals are companions, not TVs. I'd rather see someone give their cat away if they're more concerned about their furniture than mutilating an animal for no reason other than personal vanity.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    We don't... Only cruel people do..
    cruel people with the thought process of "its just an animal" or "its my property" shouldn't have pets, or kids for that matter...

10+ Year Old Account
    I no longer agree with declawing after finding out exactly what is done during the procedure, but Im not about to call my parents (or rather my dad as he is the one that insists on no claws) cruel. They love our cats just like they love my sister and I so only what dad deemed necessary to keep them was done (only the fronts). Sure, they may have had just as good a life with their claws with other owners but its not a guarantee since all 4 of them were shelter cats.

I only take an issue with people that would call my parents cruel for this, because the opposite is true and we do it with heavy hearts. (We had a cat die during a surgery once, my Mom called herself the Hitler of cat killers in her grief and we havent made any subsequent cats get all 4 done at once ever again, not to meniton perform expensive tests on the cats to see if there is any underlying issue before it is done. if there is any issue, the surgery is off).

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    That is your anecdotal evidence, I prefer to listen to the evidence that got declawing banned in most of Europe, they do not make these laws lightly.
    You can shout "anecdotal evidence" all you like, but the fact remains that only a small minority of cats experience any of the side effects you've mentioned. The reason it's banned in some places is because it's unnecessary surgery and therefor some people believe that any side effects (no matter how rare) make the procedure completely unacceptable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy another thread about declawing animals. Yay, Like I have said before declawing is cruel. They have been using their claws for years to survive you cant just get rid of them

I have had 3 cats over my life, and none of them have destroyed furniture, and that includes leather furniture. The first two just used the scratch post I had at the time. The current one just used my bed and computer chair, both of which are very sturdy and take no damage.

There is some anecdotal evidence to "disprove" people saying cats destroy furniture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyce View Post
    Just FYI, Europe is not a "good portion of the world." It's rather small, actually -- both in land area and population.
    700 million people, that's 10% of the worlds population. I think that's a pretty substantial portion. Obviously not a majority or anything but it's very large.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    You can shout "anecdotal evidence" all you like, but the fact remains that only a small minority of cats experience any of the side effects you've mentioned. The reason it's banned in some places is because it's unnecessary surgery and therefor some people believe that any side effects (no matter how rare) make the procedure completely unacceptable.
    But... it is anecdotal evidence. You want us to take your anecdote more seriously because you have an explanation behind the other side? That's not how it works. It doesn't matter WHY the vets of Europe decided it was cruel be it the effects or the procedure, the fact is that they did deem it to be cruel. Therefore, in the eyes of an expert it is cruelty and they know a lot more than you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Algathor
    I have had 3 cats over my life, and none of them have destroyed furniture, and that includes leather furniture. The first two just used the scratch post I had at the time. The current one just used my bed and computer chair, both of which are very sturdy and take no damage.

There is some anecdotal evidence to "disprove" people saying cats destroy furniture.
    I'll subscribe to this as well. I have 2 cats currently and one is ~18 months and the other is 7 months. The 7month kitten is half Maine Coon half Norwegian Forest Cat according to the vets best guess with something else mixed in there as well. She was born a stray so we don't know for certain. For anyone who doesn't know cats - that means she is fucking massive. She's already bigger than my other cat and she's almost as big as my friends Labrador. Her claws are like razors and she will easily draw blood when playing if you're not a bit careful. She has never ever scratched the furniture. we gave her an old bit of camping rope and tied a knot in it so there was a ball on it and she goes mad for it. When she goes outside, she has a favourite tree stump. My cat has a genetic predisposition above most breeds to scratch and climb things and it has never done it to any furniture in the house after the first time we saw her doing it we stopped it.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Would you defin your fish?
    Would you dewing your bird?

Would you detooth your woman!?
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...