Deleted

How does SimDPS ranking work on WoWprogress?

What is it based on? Logs? Do you upload a Simcraft to the site?

I'm Fury but I'm still listed as Arms. No idea how it works.

It checks your armory and simcrafts. For obvious reasons it isn't constantly updated.

It runs a patchwerk sim with 100 iterations and default settings.

It's better than raw ilvl to compare the potential of two characters of the same class/spec and that's about it.

It uses whatever spec/talents/gear you last logged out with when you update your profile. Runs 1000 iterations of the default profile for your spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played Assassination for 1 day of 1 week and it locked on and is clinging for dear fucking life. It hasn't updated in over a month and I've not use Assassination since then....
    I think they should just take that 'app'/'option' out, it's pretty much useless.

Quote Originally Posted by -Raer- View Post
    I played Assassination for 1 day of 1 week and it locked on and is clinging for dear fucking life. It hasn't updated in over a month and I've not use Assassination since then....
    I think they should just take that 'app'/'option' out, it's pretty much useless.
    The sim won't update if it doesn't detect any gear changes, try switching your rings around and then updating it.

Deleted
    Why is it putting me below a 565 warrior then when I'm 573?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    maybe the other warrior just has better weapons/trinkets, maybe talents that benefit singletarget, while you have multitarget-talents

Because it's unreliable and broken. Atleast for mages.
    Used to be under mages with a lot worse gear, then I decided to change my frost build a bit and now I'm #1 simdps of my realm, apparently out dpsing warlocks by over 30k.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megabloks View Post
    The sim won't update if it doesn't detect any gear changes, try switching your rings around and then updating it.
    I got the same problem. I've gotten a shitload of gear over the past 2 weeks and I'm still locked to 246k dps, even when sporting my fancy new 574 weapon right now. Everything else seems to update almost instantly

Well again it's just using some spare power to let those sims run for giggles. It should be quite obvious that these can't always be updated instantly.

Because you aren't optimized lol? Well I don't know if that's true but iLevel =/= DPS level.

It seems to be updated now. Currently shows you as Fury, last calculated as of 4 hours ago. Still shows you below a number of people that you "outgear". Interestingly enough, the only warrior with a higher ilevel than you is also below those same people (he's 4th to your 5th in SimDPS rankings).
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Gvstoned View Post
    Because it's unreliable and broken. Atleast for mages.
    Used to be under mages with a lot worse gear, then I decided to change my frost build a bit and now I'm #1 simdps of my realm, apparently out dpsing warlocks by over 30k.

I've had the simdps go up and down while not changing gear nor talents. Pretty hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Magetastic View Post
    I've had the simdps go up and down while not changing gear nor talents. Pretty hilarious.
    ...That's like saying "My DPS changes sometimes for the same boss even though I don't change gear or talents." You don't pull the same DPS every time, just like you don't get the same simulated DPS each iteration. Want a more stable number? Run more iterations.