View Poll Results: Do you think GC left for Wildstar like may others from the WOW dev team?

Voters
627. This poll is closed
  • Yes

60 9.57%
  • No

259 41.31%
  • I like Taco's

308 49.12%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Booty View Post
    There are 5-6 people including myself that have been in beta's for most of the post BC MMOs and this game is probably the least hyped/praised by this group of mine. I think only one is still actively playing the beta. I didn't bother, I don't have the time really, but everything is pretty much a launch splash and then it settles into it's 500K - 1 mil mediocrity pit.
    They posted a large response on how they don't want to over hype this and they were overwhelmed with the hype they got on class drops. Most people have no idea what the game has because you have to go look for it lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's working on corgi's unleashed.

Deleted
    Lol, Wildstar is extremely overrated. I'm way more interested in how EQ: Next is going to turn out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    Lol, Wildstar is extremely overrated. I'm way more interested in how EQ: Next is going to turn out.
    What on earth are you talking about? Wildstar is not out yet so it's not rated. Also there is the NDA. You are actually typing this on the internet, and it will be there to be read in 15 years. Think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    What on earth are you talking about? Wildstar is not out yet so it's not rated. Also there is the NDA. You are actually typing this on the internet, and it will be there to be read in 15 years. Think.
    You say NDA but aren't a lot of people hosting stuff on twitch for the first 15 levels or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    I hope not. Wildstar looks really boring. By far one of the most overhyped games in recent years.
    This is the first "big" MMO that isn't overhyped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    This is the first "big" MMO that isn't overhyped.
    Hyped more than ESO is that's for sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    And you have played wildstar ? Knowing how the game is ? I have. And i can tell you one thing now. It wont go f2p in year. That i can guarantee you
    I have played many MMOs, and many have better game design than WOW. All of them have gone F2P, or B2P. Wildstar could be the perfect MMO, it will still go F2P, even worse it is being distributed by NCSoft, which has closed one of the top MMOs, because they didn't understand the game, and wanted the people from that game working on Wildstar.

So if it fails to meet sales, NCSoft could close it even if it is profitable.

Wildstar simply won't be successful because it's a wow clone. Fantasy esque setting with the same kind of combat we've seen in mmos for 10 years.

Now Planetside 2 (MMOFPS) actually has a chance to be a phenomena on the level WoW was because it's simply NOT copying WoW.

It's the unfortunate truth for any standard MMORPG until WoW dies.

My opinion. Feel free to disagree.

10+ Year Old Account
    No idea what's your beef with GC, really. Why all the hate?

"rest of the development team" i dont know what your talking about but last i heard only 5 people from the WoW team were working on wildstar
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Though I think Wildstar has a better chance at this than most other games, I'll say this:
    Will hear this with Elder Scrolls, too.
    Have heard it with Elder Scrolls already. They all stopped when they heard it would be p2p.

Deleted
    I vote option 4. I like apostrophes being misused.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gc going in Carbine would be the biggest shitstorm ever.

Yeah there are lots of old wow-designers in Carbine...so who knows....

No, I think GC went to Farmville. He exactly knows how to do shit there.

Wildstar is a fitting destination for Ghostcrawler because their lack of love for their fellow man.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Wildstar is not a "WoW killer" because they aren't trying to be.

They have at no point in time ever tried to oversell themselves and they actually love WoW and respect it for being as important as it is to MMO's as a whole.
    The only people trying to say it's a WoW killer are people that dislike WoW. It's an MMO that want's to be it's own thing and it's not even attempting to be a competitor with the elephant in the room. That's why it'll be successful, because it's doing it's own thing not trying to copy. It'll have a decently sized core fanbase and that's totally fine. I still haven't decided if I wanna move over to it when it comes out but listening to the Dev's and seeing what the community is like already I'm seriously considering it.
    Thank you Snorlax, you are a very wise Pokemon. Seriously though, that's very true. I really enjoy the fact that they're not trying to be the "WoW killer" They're just trying to create a awesome MMO that they themselves actually want to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    Thank you Snorlax, you are a very wise Pokemon. Seriously though, that's very true. I really enjoy the fact that they're not trying to be the "WoW killer" They're just trying to create a awesome MMO that they themselves actually want to play.
    Yes exactly I agree aswell, that was one of biggest pull Wildstar had on me at the beginning & still does today. Carbine is just trying to make a great game for their community & they are prbly flattered their game is being compared to WoW, but of course people have to always go to extremes thinking so & so game will kill WoW. Yet we say it time & time again the only ones that can kill WoW is Blizzard.

Wildstar is a really good game & a nice change of pace, but its isn't revolutionary & isn't as amazing as people portray it. That is just hype & setting high expectations that will not only hurt the game in the long run, it will hurt Carbine aswell.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Wildstar is not a "WoW killer" because they aren't trying to be.

They have at no point in time ever tried to oversell themselves and they actually love WoW and respect it for being as important as it is to MMO's as a whole.
    The only people trying to say it's a WoW killer are people that dislike WoW. It's an MMO that want's to be it's own thing and it's not even attempting to be a competitor with the elephant in the room. That's why it'll be successful, because it's doing it's own thing not trying to copy. It'll have a decently sized core fanbase and that's totally fine. I still haven't decided if I wanna move over to it when it comes out but listening to the Dev's and seeing what the community is like already I'm seriously considering it.
    No other MMO ever said they were "WoW killers" either. The only ones that dared challenge WoW publicly were Warhammer Online and Rift. One is already dead and the other is gone F2P

Seriously, find me one instance of developer from GW2, SWTOR, FF, ESO who ever said their games are "WoW killers". NO ONE in the industry dares say that anymore. The only ones yelling "WoW killers are WoW fanboys themselves who try to mock the game who presents any competition to WoW

I see a shit ton more hype for Wildstar than ESO nowadays. 700 pages of discussion in the VG section? Named #1 most anticipated MMO from Mmorpg.com?
    Last edited by corebit; 2014-01-07 at 05:40 AM.

I am curious as to when he will say anything.....