View Poll Results: Do you think GC left for Wildstar like may others from the WOW dev team?

Voters
627. This poll is closed
  • Yes

60 9.57%
  • No

259 41.31%
  • I like Taco's

308 49.12%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    Thank you Snorlax, you are a very wise Pokemon. Seriously though, that's very true. I really enjoy the fact that they're not trying to be the "WoW killer" They're just trying to create a awesome MMO that they themselves actually want to play.
    To which I hope Destiny does well also. Not fun having a bunch of WoW like games. If I wanted WoW then I would play it.

I like wildstar because it's more cartoony + moar tits. But in the end the too-cartoony atmosphere will scare the players away, maybe some will stay for the tits.

Wow combines the seriousness or a vicious world with the comfortable feel or a cartoony atmosphere. And that will never change no matter the tits. I hope lawl.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Hyped more than ESO is that's for sure
    But that's because everyone except of people that deliberately ignore facts know how big of a fail ESO will be.

As for the 40 man raids, we don't know if these will be actual, hard, instanced raids. Could just be some more complicated world bosses. Or it could be something like WoW's Wintergrasp or Tol Barad. 20 man raids should be what they focus at. And I'm sure they will switch to 20 man model when it turns out 40 mans are not as popular as they expected.

I also don't understand why people are going "THEY WANT TO MAKE THIS GAME LIKE VANILLA WOW". They never said that. They said they want to capture the unique feeling vanilla WoW had. Its social aspect. Not make this vanilla WoW in space. I'm sure they are as well aware as we are that vanilla WoW was a bad game. Now I'm not into beta but after watching a lot of gameplays I can say they are doing a good job at it.
    Last edited by Airlick; 2014-01-07 at 12:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unsure if this topic even belongs within the general wow discussion, who knows. As well, rumors is not really a source.

And so what if they did? Blizzard switches teams a lot, and some running on project contracts. It is possible, though still, waiting on a source to be updated on the first post of the OP.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I don't see why anyone would want to work on Wildstar, I've been in the beta, it's WoW in space with GW2 combat. The devs even said: "At one point you will have to become invested in the game if you want to do any of the cool stuff."

Yeah, fuck that, I've had my pre-BC and BC grind/life sink gaming experience, getting reputation for 15 million factions just to get a key which would allow me to grind more reputation so I could get one item which would allow me to grind raids to grind ever more items, repeat to infinity.

They can keep their monthly fees and their "we want to bring back "rewarding" MMOs for those who invest time in them" mentality. This is 2014. Many old school MMO players are burned out with this system, and are looking towards MMOs who feel more like games instead of second lives, which WoW devs have realized and have adapted to, otherwise this game would probably have even less players today.

10 minute raid buffs and 5-6 different potions/elixirs/flasks combinations requirement every raid night multiple nights a week, woo hoo, yeah no.

Also, it's tacoS not taco's learn to spell ffs.
    Last edited by Ballantines; 2014-01-08 at 02:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    seriously why would anyne want to play that piece of shit game it's so cartoony youll never hear about it in real life unlike star wars and rift.

Quote Originally Posted by hordeslayer View Post
    seriously why would anyne want to play that piece of shit game it's so cartoony youll never hear about it in real life unlike star wars and rift.
    SO I take it you dislike WOW as well. It is cartoony and then next expansion is based on aliens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    DO you think GC is going to Wildstar like many of the other WOW dev team. I have heard rumors that 17 people have left WOW for Wildstar.
    he announced where he was going the same day he announced he was leaving
    we already know where he went

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    SO I take it you dislike WOW as well. It is cartoony and then next expansion is based on aliens.
    its not cartoony except for mop
    Last edited by want my Slimjim; 2014-01-08 at 03:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The last several pages have been more about Wildstar and random stuff than about Greg Street so this will be closed.

It's not surprising really because Street has already indicated that he's not going to another MMO like WoW. Whether or not that's true remains to be seen. In any case this is really no longer about the topic--not to mention the topic was misleading to start with since 'the development team' went there nine years ago--and there are more and more posts that could be infracted for game bashing so instead of doing that we'll close it up.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."