Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Daredd and others, what is the exact belt kill order yal are going with(for the burn strat)? We just seem to be having a stupidly rough time with this boss and it's just upsetting. We've flip flopped so many times. Only getting him to 30% around belt number 8/9 maybe. I'm just at a point where I really don't know what to do. Each strat we've tried we basically get him to around 30%'ish and that's it. Everything just crumbles. I know the cons heavily out weigh the pros, but, at this point I'm willing to try anything. Even maybe a better kill order than what we are going with. Basically dealing with mines on the 3rd, I believe, instead of OC Laser and Magnet. Which seemed to be wrecking us. Then we went with killing a set of mines, then go back to killing mines on the belt to not deal with them until the double mine belt. Everything just falls apart. Pushing almost 400 wipes with no kill in sight. Any help would be appreciated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yodawinfrey View Post
    Daredd and others, what is the exact belt kill order yal are going with(for the burn strat)? We just seem to be having a stupidly rough time with this boss and it's just upsetting. We've flip flopped so many times. Only getting him to 30% around belt number 8/9 maybe. I'm just at a point where I really don't know what to do. Each strat we've tried we basically get him to around 30%'ish and that's it. Everything just crumbles. I know the cons heavily out weigh the pros, but, at this point I'm willing to try anything. Even maybe a better kill order than what we are going with. Basically dealing with mines on the 3rd, I believe, instead of OC Laser and Magnet. Which seemed to be wrecking us. Then we went with killing a set of mines, then go back to killing mines on the belt to not deal with them until the double mine belt. Everything just falls apart. Pushing almost 400 wipes with no kill in sight. Any help would be appreciated.
    We've killed him twice now and used about 300 pulls for first kill. We first tried the killing drills but we ended up fucking it up with fires . that was like 20-30 pulls. Then we went like 100 zerg pulls going only to kill mines on lane ---->leaving us time to zerg boss. after total of 150 pulls we ended up with our current strat which is killing the laser all the time. We tank boss at mine spawn and during the EM we go to the side of the room. DPS on boss should not be a problem unless you're hitting the enrage time. Our setup is 2 healers, 2 tanks, and 4 ranged dps which of 1 is a hunter and on a lane duty all the time with our 2 melee dps.

Also mage with RoF with mines is really a cutting edge shit. so damn good that nothing compares to it.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I've seen anyone use the strategy we use - but we basically went for one that maximized control - even though it resulted in a much longer kill than most guilds. We determined that we were absolutely atrocious at normal missiles - especially when combined with anything else, so we completely removed them from the fight. I can't find our spreadsheet with our kill order, but I believe the below is correct (We hero on pull and use a Rogue to solo the first Weapon):

Wave 1: Empowered Mines, Normal Laser
    Wave 2: Empowered Laser, Normal Mines (Stack in the gap and kill the mines basically)
    Wave 3: Empowered Missiles, Normal Laser
    Wave 4: Empowered Missiles, Normal Laser
    Wave 5: Empowered Magnet, Normal Mines (The mines here will suck. Root them, knock them away, do whatever you can so that they don't blow up on anyone.)
    Wave 6: Empowered Mines, Normal Mines (Just kill all the mines. There is absolutely nothing on the ground to worry about.)
    Wave 7: Empowered Laser, Normal Mines
    Wave 8: Empowered Magnet, Normal Mines (This can be a bit rough too since there is super fire, but there is way less sawblades to worry about.)
    Wave 9: Empowered Laser, Normal Laser (Just have the laser people gtfo)
    Wave 10: Empowered Missile, Normal Laser
    Wave 11: Empowered Missile, Normal Missile (We never actually got here but it might not be too awful since there is no super fire on the ground. All our kills came in the 8-10 range.)

This strategy does involve killing lots of mines, so it is pretty necessary to have people on the ground that can control them and DPS them pretty well. We used myself as a Boomkin plus a Frost Mage on full-time platform duty. Everyone else helped out as they could.

Video of our 2nd kill (this was a couple months ago so way less gear than we have now):
    http://www.twitch.tv/jdooley511/c/3239944
    Jellogtwo - Druid - Royal Militia [A10] - Main - 14/14H
    Jellog - Monk - Royal Militia [A10] - Alt - 14/14H

<Royal Militia> - 14/14H x2, US 27th (22nd for 10s only), is now recruiting all classes for WoD!

Daredd and others, what is the exact belt kill order yal are going with(for the burn strat)?
    Mine, Mine, Magnet, Mine, Magnet, Burn boss at this point before shields come up.

My group lately is only having to do 4 belts, our first kill which was burn strat we killed it just as the shield came up from belt 6 we ignored.

Deleted
    For our 1st kill:

1st belt - solo by hunter - mines
    2nd - hunter rogue - mines
    3rd - hunter dk - mines
    4th - hunter rogue - mines
    5th - hunter dk - mines
    Nuke like hell also used the eng belt to stun mines for a few extra seconds of dmg on boss.

This tactic at the time was rly tight on dps and VERY unforgiving. A mistake = wipe (we had around 200 give or take before we had everything down)

GL

Deleted
    I think doing it with 1 healer also highly depends on your tank setup and how many overloads your raid will get. A 4th overload will make the fight extremely dodgy and there will be a lot of random deaths from people having a sawblade with Overpowered laser at the same time. At least thats the problem we're having (monk + paladin tank). Going 2 healers now and it feels so much more stable and controlled.

what on earth makes it a burn strat if you go up for belts properly and then just stop? we burn the boss by going up for every belt we need to
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

The burn strategy refers to avoiding missiles and laser on plateform and killing mines on every belt.
    But at the 3:30 minute mark, there are 2 set of mines on the belt, so you can't deal with it anymore. You have 40 seconds to burn down the boss before a huge load of mines is coming towards you.

In my guild we've chosen this burn strat because we had 3 melee.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by daredd View Post
    For our 1st kill:

1st belt - solo by hunter - mines
    2nd - hunter rogue - mines
    3rd - hunter dk - mines
    4th - hunter rogue - mines
    5th - hunter dk - mines
    Nuke like hell also used the eng belt to stun mines for a few extra seconds of dmg on boss.

This tactic at the time was rly tight on dps and VERY unforgiving. A mistake = wipe (we had around 200 give or take before we had everything down)

GL
    3rd belt doesn't have mines