Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm afraid I can't agree with Shieldbearer, Totemic Might and DEFINITELY Nozdormu.

Shieldbearer, with a 1 cost is quite decent even with 0 Attack. Put this guy in a Shaman, Paladin or Priest deck and you can make him a very useful guy for a low cost.
    As others have said, Totemic Might is definitely a good card for the 0 cost. Some totems are definitely worth it to health-increase and thus increase chances to keep on the field. (Flametongue Totem, Healing Totem and the Taunt one, for example.)
    And Nozdormu... a No-Brainer. If I had this card, I'd use him in every deck I owned. Some people seriously take ages even when they cannot do anything anymore. A true pain in the ass.

-Credit to Mythriz for the signature and avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    1. Totemic Might
    2. Dust Devil or Magma Rager
    3. Savagery or Gnomish Inventor
    Really? The card is always at least 0.5 for 0, often 1 for 0. All deck-scrollers are good. Even Shiv and Tracking.

Goldshire Footman

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    Sacrificial pact isn't terrible but really situational. It can destroy opposing demons which is the really useful part of it. The other part of it is that you can attack with a demon, kill an opposing creature, leaving it with like 1 hp then sac it for 5 life. You can sac a demon for 5 life if your opponents looks to have lethal next turn. Terrible, no, situational thus not the best, yes.
    The best use would be to toss Power Overwhelming on something, attack with it, and then eat it with Sacrificial Pact. Same idea as using PO and then a Void Terror.

But it's still pretty situational, and with a 30-card limit, I'd question whether it's worth a slot.

Deleted
    totemic might is bloody amazing if you have 2+ totems up and damage boosting cards, it can save the whole game in your favor!

I use sacrificial pact in combination with power overwhelming, while your demon is gonna die anyway why not restore hp aswell

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefanus View Post
    I use sacrificial pact in combination with power overwhelming, while your demon is gonna die anyway why not restore hp aswell
    Waste 1 card in your deck for 5 hp is in 95% of the cases not worth it

10+ Year Old Account
    Dust devil is amazing. It can do so much damage if it lives it is ridiculous. Saying it is terrible because it has 1 HP, which can be your ONLY reason, is dumb
    The bit in bold is the problem with it. The best hope you've got, in most cases, is that you'll drop him Round 1, when you go first, and pray your opponent lacks any direct damage.

The overload effect is the killer on the card. Overload (2) means if you do play him on Round 1, he's also your Round 2 play. For 3 mana, a 3/1 Windfury is pretty meh, and any later in the game, and he's just going to end up as fodder for any small damage they can ping him with.

Compare him to Thrallmar Farseer, which isn't usually ranked very high; the Farseer is a 2/3, so while it doesn't hit QUITE as hard, it's much more durable for the 3 mana. The one advantage the Dust Devil has is that he can be played on Turn 1, but that involves giving up Turn 2 to Overload and praying your opponent can't take it out with a Mortal Coil or Elven Archer or something.

That's my issue; it's potentially amazing, if it lives, which is why it's a priority target and, typically, won't live.

Dust devil is amazing. It can do so much damage if it lives it is ridiculous. Saying it is terrible because it has 1 HP, which can be your ONLY reason, is dumb.

Gnomish Inventor is a 2-4, which can make it trade decent in mid game. On top of that is allows you to draw a card, thus replacing it in your hand and giving you card advantage. This is what I find hilarious. "OMG 4 for a 2-4, it isn't good enough!" People bypass the fact that it draws a card, the more cards you draw the lower the chance of being effected by RNG. It is a deck filter.
    1) Yeah, but it doesn't. It won't live. It is terrible.
    2) Yeah, but people care too much about cards and card advantage. Don't forget that mana is a resource, too. 2/4 in the important turn 4 is laughable. Later on, it's too expensive for a card draw. It won't really trade favourably either since the opponent has a turn. It soaks up one of their cards which makes your turn a complete waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastig View Post
    Waste 1 card in your deck for 5 hp is in 95% of the cases not worth it
    With a class that strives on taking self damage for card draws, self healing helps a ton in any warlock deck.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Shieldbearer isn't bad for an early taunt, especially when you're playing decks with a good amount of buffs. He's essentially a single-creature Mirror Image, and Mirror Image is a good card.
    Shieldbearer, 2xPWS + 2xDivine Spirit + Innerfire=One shot
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Do we really need 3 threads about the same thing? Can I ask the mod to merge them? If possible of course.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shield Bearer is great. Totemic might is awesome.
    Wisp and Enraged Chicken can be great, if you can buff them.
    Even Magma Rager can be buffed to work.

The Corsair I agree on, completely. It's really bad.

Deleted
    Here are mine

1) Captain's parrot
    2) Totemic might
    3) Sacrificial pact

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Shield Bearer is great. Totemic might is awesome.
    Wisp and Enraged Chicken can be great, if you can buff them.
    Even Magma Rager can be buffed to work.

The Corsair I agree on, completely. It's really bad.
    What else is bad enough to mention then? What is worse than Totemic Might, for instance?
    Quote Originally Posted by si7encer112 View Post
    Here are mine

1) Captain's parrot
    2) Totemic might
    3) Sacrificial pact
    Wow, I'd forgotten about the Parrot. I even have two.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    What else is bad enough to mention then? What is worse than Totemic Might, for instance?
    Wow, I'd forgotten about the Parrot. I even have two.
    I wanted to mention the parrot because I've never seen it in arena. But reading the card it doesn't seem as terrible as the ones I listed in the OP.

People get downright salty when suddenly they have to deal with a 4/7 searing totem with taunt (Two totemic mights, flametongue totem and ancestral).

Magma Rager: Absolute garbage...until you slap it into a druid deck and give it mark, or until you put it into a shaman deck with plenty of taunt up or board control, then give it windfury, or when you put it into a priest deck with power word shield and start buffing it like crazy, or until you bubble it with paladin bubble. Then the guy has to choose to use his precious removal on one of the worst cards in the game.

Chicken has obvious applications in druid/paladin/priest decks.

As for the Bloodsail. I saw this 1 mana cost card win a guy his 12th game in arena by removing the last charge on the enemy arcanite reaper. Yeah, it can be awesome that ONE time it suddenly becomes helpful.
    Last edited by Tent27; 2014-01-06 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tent27 View Post
    People get downright salty when suddenly they have to deal with a 4/7 searing totem with taunt (Two totemic mights, flametongue totem and ancestral).
    3/7, surely? Also four cards spent on buffing up that Searing Totem when it could've been used to do something else. It's not only about what it gives, it's the space it takes up in your deck and what you can't use in its stead. I'm not convinced, esp if they use Earth shock.

I run a troll fighting totems deck. I get totems out, buff them all with TM twice and see what the other guy does. The stoneskin at 0/6 is really annoying for the other guy to deal with. Especially with my 4 pandas that are constantly cycling out totems only to put them down later. 4 0/6 totems of any kind can be hilarious. Spellpower right out wins games, stoneskins for maximum trolling, healing for maximum elemental heals, and searings for that little bit of extra oomph for the inevitable bloodlust.

It wins games like 40% of the time but it's hilarious when it does.

Guys, of course every card has potential when it's buffed; that doesn't mean it's not terrible.