10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

Has anyone seen Dallas Buyers Club?

Watched it and was blown away by McCaugnehey's (sp). Glad to see him do some real acting besides the usual rom-coms he's known for.

His character wasn't the most likable but damn you really felt like he was that guy. I would even consider nominating him for best actor if given the chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is currently looking at an Academy Award nomination for his work on the film. But I wouldn’t say he’s knows for his McCon-coms anymore, as he completely revitalized his career beginning in 2011. He has delivered awards-worthy material in several films these past years, most notably Magic Mike, Mud, The Lincoln Lawyer, The Paperboy and especially Killer Joe and Dallas Buyer’s Club.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    He is currently looking at an Academy Award nomination for his work on the film. But I wouldn’t say he’s knows for his McCon-coms anymore, as he completely revitalized his career beginning in 2011. He has delivered awards-worthy material in several films these past years, most notably Magic Mike, Mud, The Lincoln Lawyer, The Paperboy and especially Killer Joe and Dallas Buyer’s Club.
    Thanks man. Looks like I have some catching up to do.

So many potential actor noms this year. Tough year to be going for them.

Deleted
    Was a decent movie, but I think Chiwetel Ejiofor will take the oscar for best actor. Black people fighthing slavery is one of Hollywoods favorite themes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Was a decent movie, but I think Chiwetel Ejiofor will take the oscar for best actor. Black people fighthing slavery is one of Hollywoods favorite themes.

I do think that he is an amazing actor in that movie...was powerful from beginning to end..but the sad eyed puppy look kind of grated on me a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    I still think Mads Mikkelsen’s triumphant turn in “The Hunt” was the performance of the year. But McConaughey and Ejiofor are the locks for an Oscar nomination, Mikkelsen has no chance. These politics are killing me.

Deleted
    There is only a week until the Golden Globes where McCougnehey is nominated as best leading actor for Dallas buyers Club. The Golden Globes might give a small hint about the movies popularity leading up to the Oscars.
    I thought Mud was a 2012 movie (according to imdb) but apparently Reese Witherspoon is running a campaign for a oscar nomination for supporting actress this year. Makes me wonder if McCougnehey in theory could win two oscars.
    Kinda hope he win one for for Dallas Buyers Club. After Robert De Niro gained 60 pounds for his part in Raging Bull, many actors have to tryed to cheese a nomination by either gain or lose alot of weight. But i dont think ive seen such a credible weightloss as McConaughey`s in Dallas Buyers Club - it really shaped his character. Probably also one of the first movies where he do not take off his shirt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by verdamte View Post
    There is only a week until the Golden Globes where McCougnehey is nominated as best leading actor for Dallas buyers Club. The Golden Globes might give a small hint about the movies popularity leading up to the Oscars.
    I thought Mud was a 2012 movie (according to imdb) but apparently Reese Witherspoon is running a campaign for a oscar nomination for supporting actress this year. Makes me wonder if McCougnehey in theory could win two oscars.
    Kinda hope he win one for for Dallas Buyers Club. After Robert De Niro gained 60 pounds for his part in Raging Bull, many actors have to tryed to cheese a nomination by either gain or lose alot of weight. But i dont think ive seen such a credible weightloss as McConaughey`s in Dallas Buyers Club - it really shaped his character. Probably also one of the first movies where he do not take off his shirt.
    Mud doesn’t have a shot. :P

Deleted
    Dallas Buyers Club was great. Just about the only movie I've seen with McConaughey where he didn't irritate me.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxxytocin View Post
    Dallas Buyers Club was great. Just about the only movie I've seen with McConaughey where he didn't irritate me.
    OBS: This guy necro'd the thread, in case anybody feels the urge to comment.