Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Comes with XP increasing helmet works till lv 10 a special chocobo barding and a pet based on a rare spawn boss.
    Changed cap to helmet for clarification

Don't forget the Coeurl mount also comes with the Digital CE.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post

It's not really all that bad though. You can pretty much park yourself on the flank of any mob and take a step to the side to hit their back now and then.
    Depends if you care about meter or not I suppose. My friend and I did a test and we are about the same dps on target dummies. However, his dps drops dramatically with adds or when boss jump away randomly.

SE needs to up monk's rampped up dps otherwise monk's dps will not be competitive. But again, the encounter tuning is so relaxed that boss will go down even if you pull 30% of your potential dps so it really doesn't matter.
    their moving their table over their
    they're moving they're table over they're
    there moving there table over there

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Except monks already put out a ton of DPS relative to other classes when played well. So it's not exactly a problem.
    Monks put out a bit more dps but not as much as they should because of the positional requirements imo. My friend gave up on his monk since we discovered damage meters He is now full time bard and we pull similar dps for all boss fights now. Just to put things in perspective, we pull ~260 dps on dummy but his actual fight dps is only 160 (depends on fight of course) while I stay around 220.

Monks have a long ramp up time and it is pretty easy for buff to fall off. So for a fight like... garuda EX, whenever boss fly up in phase 1, monk buff would expire and will have to repeat ramp up process. Also when green add get pulled to the other side, the time it takes to run over could cause buff to fall off if you don't have that dash move CD up. Same thing happens for Titan HM when bombs go off or when range get too close and drop pool right in melee area. Worst thing is when you miss your finishing move that is supposed to apply the buff -_-

Like I said though, the boss tuning in FF14 (even for extreme) aren't tight at all. Titan HM heart can be done with ~100 dps (1 tank 2 heal) and Garuda EX phase1 push can be done with ~150 dps and those numbers are achievable rather early on. This is why all classes are still very viable. Though if SE comes up with a really tightly tuned encounter then I can see some classes being benched and I think monk would be 1 of the benched classes -_-.
    their moving their table over their
    they're moving they're table over they're
    there moving there table over there

Quote Originally Posted by wow2011 View Post
    Though if SE comes up with a really tightly tuned encounter then I can see some classes being benched and I think monk would be 1 of the benched classes -_-.
    Twintania's enrage is pretty tight. Our Monk pulls about 386-400 on Twintania, Dreadnoughts, ADS, and Caddy. His dps is a bit lower in EXs because of all the jumping and downtime.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

I was going to create a new thread but this seems like the best place for me to ask. I'm considering trying out 14 and am currently also playing WoW. I've played WoW for quite a long time, so I'd really like to know how similar the game is to it. I realize there are differences, like in regards to the classes and that sort of thing, but I'd just like to know how familiar the game would seem to me coming from a lot of MMO experience already with WoW. What is there that's like it is and what is there that isn't like it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilderoy View Post
    I was going to create a new thread but this seems like the best place for me to ask. I'm considering trying out 14 and am currently also playing WoW. I've played WoW for quite a long time, so I'd really like to know how similar the game is to it. I realize there are differences, like in regards to the classes and that sort of thing, but I'd just like to know how familiar the game would seem to me coming from a lot of MMO experience already with WoW. What is there that's like it is and what is there that isn't like it?
    Very similar in alot of ways. Buut dissimilar as well.

To clarify you can be ALL classes on one character. No need for alts.

There are no talent trees instead you mix and match skills between classes.

You get a thing called a hunt log that is kinda like a bounty list kiss the ones on it for your class and get bonus XP.

Your start zone is based on class not race.

Dungeons are unlocked via quests but there is a dungeon finder.

There are random active quests similar to Rifts welll rifts or GW2 whatever that pop up.

Doing all quests on your first class will kinda screw you over.

As for similar mouse and keyboard wise the controls are almost identical.

The general gameplay 2.5 sec GCD aside is VERY VERY similar.

Hmmm actually just imagine if vanilla/TBC was refined and you coupd be all classes.

My general advice would be to check the game out the first 30 days shoupd get you a decent way into the story if not finish the 2.0 story and some if not all of 2.1 maybe even 2.2...

Sooo for that alone it would be worth the 30-40 dollars if not on sale. Oh just pay attention to some of the popup help mentions...They will explain pretty much everything both new and old.

So yeah sorry for shitty rundown but oveeall it is very similar but it's own game as well...Nothing new/gimmicky just refined...Anyways I hope you join us in Eorzea.

I got the game for like $15 from g2play since I had some points stacked from my past purchases.

And it's kinda fun. I've the game on PC but I wanted to get comfy and I am playing on my TV with a gamepad. :P My keyboard barely has long enough cord to reach my sofa though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyese View Post
    Twintania's enrage is pretty tight. Our Monk pulls about 386-400 on Twintania, Dreadnoughts, ADS, and Caddy. His dps is a bit lower in EXs because of all the jumping and downtime.
    I am not aware of Twin actually go enrage >.>;

It is either wipe before P5, or a kill if you can get to P5. Wipes before that were never due to dps, more due to brain lag (dive bombs, Twister).

And Monk is actually one of the very high dps class, Dragoon much more likely to be benched than Monk.

where do u download this game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by radoguy22 View Post
    where do u download this game?
    After you buy? Ooor where do you buy it?