Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Games playable while walking/jogging on the treadmill

Anyone have any suggestions to this? I've been playing games recently and need to get back into running/jogging. Last year I lost 70 pounds by working out without it but I feel that I can lose more still. So I'm looking to stay interested while I work out. I've played games like Burnout Paradise while walking along with Darksiders and Final Fantasy 13. Open to any suggestions!

I either listen to music or focus entirely on my exercise.

Never heard of people playing games while exercising. Watching a movie or listening to an audio book might be better.

Deleted
    If you are on an exercise bike any handheld is always good if you tend to get bored like i do, just don't forget to actually do a proper exercise tho.

I tend to listen to audio books

I like to read, done reading all warcraft books and half diablo's one by now only while on the treadmill
    English is my 3rd language. please do fogive any mistakes.
    Elemental Shaman Guild Master of Exile, Azralon - US

May I suggest watching youtube videos

I can't imagine being able to focus on a game if your heart rate is actually high enough to be getting a good cardiovascular workout. Listening to e-books and podcasts is about as much as I can do. If you have that much freedom of motion for your hands that you can play games, you're probably not working very hard.

For a treadmill I wear wrist weights so lol it'd be a pain to play a game. For a bike, which would be better, I try to move my arms so I get somewhat of a full body workout. But if you're doing a bike for just cardio, as Puffler said, a handheld is optimal.

Although I listen to music while doing the bike/treadmill.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Learn a language!
    You cared enough to post.

Whenever I am on trade-mill for me its time to play Angry Birds.

Deleted
    How is it even possible to play anything while on a treadmill? Maybe I'm doing it wrong but there is usually too much bobbing, bouncing and focusing on breathing to be able to play anything. Besides, I have to move my arms too. Well unless you're going like really slow or something..

I imagine a lot of games are possible if you try. I've got 11 90's on my server, and since I do the Tiller's farm, profession CDs, and cooking daily for them (It's actually pretty decent gold), it eats up a good... Hour and a half? Two hours? or so. I find that's a good time to fire up the treadmill and do both at the same time. I imagine a laptop would be the easiest way to go about it, but currently I just move my tower, keyboard, and mouse, and hook up the tower to the living room TV.

It probably wouldn't work if you were trying to go really fast, though.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Loves me not - using steps instead of petals.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Anything on my 3ds, though only on an elliptical though. I suppose walking would work, but as others have said, moving at any sort of decent pace would probably make this impossible.

Deleted
    listening to music or audiobook is by far the best option. if you realy want to work out, a handheld/smartphone will probably be more in the way then help.
    but your ears and eyes are free to do whatever. you could watch movies/stuff, but i personnaly prefere audiobooks

15+ Year Old Account
    Play WoW - its easy enough
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to play Fifa. Difficulty shouldn't be too high though.

Load up some of your favorite music on your ipod, and turn on sportscenter on mute. I don't know how people are able to read a book or play a game on a tablet while running on a treadmill.

I normally just listen to music to help me focus. I don't know anyone who play games while exercising but if that's your thing go for it. Just remember to use proper form

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I can't imagine being able to focus on a game if your heart rate is actually high enough to be getting a good cardiovascular workout. Listening to e-books and podcasts is about as much as I can do. If you have that much freedom of motion for your hands that you can play games, you're probably not working very hard.
    Don't think that's the point, just walking/standing can do much for your health instead of sitting down