10+ Year Old Account

Computer audio help

Hello so I'm in need of on a new headset and I narrowed my choices down and found the ones I want. The headset will be http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-360...ef=pd_sim_vg_3, Now I have a question since I need a dedicated sound card to actually make these headset worth it dose the Astro mix amp work like a sound card? I have not a clue how audio works or should I just buy audio card. If so can you recommend me one that would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Astro mix amp is an Amplifier, like the name suggests, so it still needs an audio source, your sound card in this case.
    If you are super picky audiophile, you might want to invest in dedicated sound card, but it all depends on your onboard sound chip, what is?
    PM me weird stuff :3

Watch this vid for a better understanding of what you are getting into.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1rXcJuEsy0
    ​MoBo: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | CPU: Intel 4770k @ 4.5Ghz | GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 4Gb | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB @ 1866Mhz | Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, ADATA SU800 256GB, Hitachi Deskstar 3TB HDD | PSU: SeaSonic X Series 80+ Gold 850W | Cooler: NZXT Kraken x62 | Case: NZXT H510 Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Mieme View Post
    Hello so I'm in need of on a new headset and I narrowed my choices down and found the ones I want. The headset will be http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-360...ef=pd_sim_vg_3, Now I have a question since I need a dedicated sound card to actually make these headset worth it dose the Astro mix amp work like a sound card? I have not a clue how audio works or should I just buy audio card. If so can you recommend me one that would be nice.
    While the headset you chose is arguably the only true headset most audiophiles would actually endorse.. the general argument will always be headphones + separate mic will be superior and cheaper compared to an equal value headset.

First of all, let me direct your attention to OCN's most recommended audio products as well as that general audio sub forum. You'll find folks who invest in audio equipment not only for leisure but for the sake of proper reviews and comparison to many other audio products. I direct you toward that site because no doubt you will get responses from folks who will praise the mixamp, while having nothing to compare it to and little to no audio knowledge via this forum. Go to a proper source for audio knowledge.

I will point this out, most folks who value their audio will recommend against the Astro mixamp.
    i5-3570k @ 4.6Ghz | Phanteks TC14PE | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Gigabyte GTX 1080 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Asus Xonar Essence STX | Crucial M4 256MB | Seasonic X760 Gold | Silverstone FT02

Asus PG258Q 240Hz 24.5" | Das Keyboard 4 Pro | Logitech G502 | Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X | Blue Yeti

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the replay and @BruceG87 yes I total forgot about OCN not sure how but Iv'e been checking it out. I do realize the Headphones + Separate is the way to go but I just don't want a giant mic sitting on my desk picking up everything around me especially my mechanical keyboard. My friends can already hear it on skype when playing with them wouldn't just make twice as load and annoying for them?

@Cyrops currently have the AS-Rock z87 pro 4 says it has a 7.1CH HD audio on board but it sound terrible just static and random popping noises.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813157381
    Last edited by Akaena; 2014-01-08 at 01:54 AM.

Most folks actually do not invest in a desktop mic, but rather some form of a clip on mic.

For myself, I utilize an antlion modmic which allows me to remove it with ease when I am not using it. The modmic costs a bit more, but the clarity it offers is amazing. I've had people ask about my mic and even persuaded several game buds to pick one up.

Though you can honestly do quite well with any clip on mic. The go-to suggestion is always the Zalman clip-on mic which used to be significantly cheaper but has sky-rocketed in price over the past year.
    i5-3570k @ 4.6Ghz | Phanteks TC14PE | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Gigabyte GTX 1080 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Asus Xonar Essence STX | Crucial M4 256MB | Seasonic X760 Gold | Silverstone FT02

Asus PG258Q 240Hz 24.5" | Das Keyboard 4 Pro | Logitech G502 | Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X | Blue Yeti