Frequent crashes with monitor no signal

A bought a new computer about a week ago, and it had been working fantastically until yesterday. During playing WoW, both of the screens suddenly lost signal and turned black, the sound started looping and buzzing a slightly, forcing me to shut down the computer.

Upon restarting the computer, the screens would still not regain signal. I started suspecting that the GPU fried and I disconnected the computer from electricity and left it overnight. The next day I tried again and it worked fine again for about 30 minutes, until the same repeated. The monitors lost signal and wouldn't regain it until I left the computer alone for a couple of hours.

I then started suspecting overheating and the next time the computer worked and measured the temperatures during stress (max. 70*C GPU, ~60*C CPU) and at the time of crash (~45*C GPU, 50-60*C CPU) which seemed normal to me.

I've read about this issue over the internet, and the reasons seem to vary; in some cases the PSU seems to be the culprit, sometimes it's the drivers. The computer itself does not shut down when the crash happens, but rather GPU stops working. Could this be the case? The fact that it requires some time to work again implies cooling down from overheating, but the temperatures seem normal, can PSU failures act like this?

Specs
    CPU: Intel i7-4770K 3.5GHz
    Motherboard: Z87-K
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 770
    8GB RAM (2x 4GB, DDR3 1600MHz, CL9)
    120gb SSD + 1tb HDD
    500W PSU
    Last edited by Divinism; 2014-01-06 at 11:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, for Nvidia GTX 770 Nvidia DOES recommend 600W PSU.
    Here is what probably happened:
    You bought higher resolution monitor, so your GPU is drawing more power and crashing.
    PM me weird stuff :3