Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will Blizzard ever add epic PvP battles?

Will Blizzard ever add some epic PvP battles to this game. Im talking stuff like the massive fights we used to have in DAoC when there could be easily over 250 people fighting at once. Same thing in GW2. Epic fights with shit flying everywhere and bodies dropping like flies. Also no AV and IoC dont count we all know they are raids and not PvP. Also no having the same amount of people per side doesnt count either. The best part about the really great fights are when the severely outnumbered side wins against a mindless zerg because of strategy and communication. Why doesnt WoW have that? Or do people really think 10 minute 2v2 fights are fun?

que up for av, cause a turtle, watch people complain about the turtle. See same people on forum talk about the "glory" days of TM vs southshore, proceed to laugh as they are the same things just in different settings. zerg vs zerg.

zerg vs zerg is fun.

queue rbg with 9 friends. once you get to a rating where you face good teams, you'll start feeling like the battles are pretty damn epic.

It's not Blizzard's job to provide this, it falls squarely on the shoulders of the player base to make something like this happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    It's not Blizzard's job to provide this, it falls squarely on the shoulders of the player base to make something like this happen.
    bullshit

players are mindless sheep most of the time and have to be forced into funny things

This will never happen because there is no reason to do it.

This is why world PvP is dead. There isn't an incentive or reward for it. World PvP was only big when it was the only PvP to do. Same thing with the massive fights in DAoC. Why would any player go back to that when World of Queuecraft is so much more efficient, convenient and provides better rewards?

However it sounds like this new PvP area in WoD will be the closest thing yet Blizzard has done that could compare to DAoC.

so players are supposed to design 100 man BGs and then implement them into the game?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    so players are supposed to design 100 man BGs and then implement them into the game?
    I know you were joking, but imagine it. Custom PvP servers / lobbies you could make (alot of gold or something, or X per guild, to avoid crazy amounts) where you choose between Maps and objectives along with player count and many other things.

Could be glorious and of course is never going to happen but still, pretty cool to think about

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    The player base wanted quicker honor grinds which involved gutting most of the large "long" bgs. AV use to last days and weeks now its a zerg fest since no one defends and all the npcs dont scale well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really my type of PvP that I prefer. I like simple 10v10 and 3v3 / 2v2 arena. Not too many teammates to focus on and I can easily create a priority kill list when I'm only facing 10 people at most. In 40v40, it's too hard to be prepared... you're never quite sure who you're going to face off against. It could be a counter or it could be someone botting. You don't know when a healer might show up and make for a challenging 2v1. It's just easy to create a strategy and keep track of things when there's less people.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Deleted
    We get an entire pvp zone in WoD. Seems pretty epic on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    We get an entire pvp zone in WoD. Seems pretty epic on paper.
    Yea. We'll see how it turns out. The player base has gotten used to a certain style of playing that doesn't quite involve enjoying the game as much as the grind for loot so I don't see it working out all that well.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Exactly.
    World PvP was created by the community.
    The community killed it.

Battlegrounds provided a more rewarding, and more convenient format.
    Players chose convenience and reward over fun.

Flying could only improve the accessibility to the opposite faction city, to your own towns/cities to rally a defence.
    But instead players opt to avoid that.

World PvP is not the individual ganking you hear about nowadays, when people whine about flying.
    It was about the Tarren Mill/Southshore type battles.
    It was about invading the opposite faction city because you could, not because of a mount reward.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2014-01-07 at 01:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

From what they have announced at Blizzcon, the Ashran PVP zone seems to be pretty amazing. They said it's going to be like an Open World Alterac Valley from Vanilla WoW. There will be 24/7 PVP, no resets, no PVE bosses to kill, all PVP objectives. Also unlike Wintergrasp oTolbarad, they will actually put emphasis on balancing the factions as the zone will be CRZed with PVP and PVE realms fighting together.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    que up for av, cause a turtle, watch people complain about the turtle. See same people on forum talk about the "glory" days of TM vs southshore, proceed to laugh as they are the same things just in different settings. zerg vs zerg.
    I haven't seen a turtle, let alone stalemate in AV since Wrath of the Lich King. I remember us Horde players attacking from one side of the Alliance's bridge, while the Alliance were at the other side, lasting most of the game. It was actually quite fun.

1. remove reinforcements from Alterac Valley
    2. reintroduce the patrolling faction NPCs and Korrak the Rager
    3. ??
    4. profit

Cant wait..they should do it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    Not really even close to the same thing. Not only is it rare to even be able to cause a turtle, but almost no-one in AV WANTS to kill people on a mass scale - they just want their honor, and they want it now. Not to mention the fact that there's an extremely limited number of people who can even be killed before the game magically ends due to.. er.. "Reinforcements".

I think GW2 did an extremely poor job of mass PvP. DAoCs was fucking amazing, but I've long since given up hope of that happening again - CERTAINLY not in WoW. There simply isn't any reason to care, and there's no server community whatsoever.