G710+ vs Gigabyte Aivia Osmium?

Heya I was gonna buy the g710+ but I saw a particular review on Tomshardware about g710,Blackwidow ultimate and the gigabyte aivia osmium(the brown switches)
    Which one would you recommend?
    cheers
    Last edited by Lilac; 2014-01-07 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilac View Post
    Heya I was gonna buy the g710+ but I saw a particular review on Tomshardware about g710,Blackwidow ultimate and the gigabyte aivia osmium(the brown switches)
    Which one would you recommend?
    cheers
    So I personally use the g710+, but Ive gone through many mechanicals before, like the blackwidow ultimate, corsair k70 and k95, and i must say 100% I prefer Cherry MX Brown switches... Ive used the g710+ for about 6 months now and I LOVE it, the one thing I must say is the g710+ comes stock with dampening rubber o-rings under each key which TAKE AWAY from the mechanical feel of the keyboard. I recently removed these o-rings, and there is no way I would use this keyboard any other way... but obviously try it with these o-rings first to determine which feel you like more.

IMO if your comfortable with removing the o-rings from each individual key of the g710+, then its one of the best mechanical keyboards on the market (if you prefer brown switches) and probably your best option...

edit: I had to remove each key cap by hand to access these rubber o-rings, which is not really recommended. If you go with the g710+ (which I highly recommend) and don't like the feel of the o-rings, then I'd prolly recommend getting a key cap remover instead of pulling them off manually by hand to assure no damage to the keyboard. But then again, I pulled off each key with a steady UPWARD motion, and my keyboard is perfectly fine.

GL&HF
    Last edited by Goregasm.; 2014-01-07 at 06:16 AM.

Cheers for the reply!I was seriously considering getting the g710 but the Gigabyte Aivia Osmium is the only keyboard that has caught my attention other then the g710+.
    I am still pretty unsure between the two. According the tom's hardware review on the three keyboard the gigabyte aivia osmium came out first and is the cheapest out of all of them.
    I wouldn't really be comfy with taking the o rings out cos I am a baby when it comes to tech. Noise doesn't really matter to me since ill be using the keyboard at home. Does the o rings really remove the tactile feel? I thought it only makes them silent.
    Cheers!

the o rings do alot imo, they make the end of the keystroke feel squishier. Once removed, the key press is far more flush and satisfying, its hard to explain without feeling it for yourself... I work at bestbuy, so the g710+ was available to me for about 80 bucks so im a little biased there... if the gigabyte is signifigantly cheaper then that changes things alot...

edit: i also own the g700 mouse, so the pairing between software for my mouse and keyboard was a bonus

honestly, if your near a bestbuy, the g710+ SHOULD physically be on display, its part of a Logitech Gaming Endcap in the gaming or computer section... try the keyboard out for yourself... if its not on display, ask an associate to open a box for you, they should be nice enough to do that... remove a key from their display model and try it with/without o-ring before you purchase it lol...

thats the best advice i can give, GL&HF
    Last edited by Goregasm.; 2014-01-07 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goregasm. View Post
    the o rings do alot imo, they make the end of the keystroke feel squishier. Once removed, the key press is far more flush and satisfying, its hard to explain without feeling it for yourself... I work at bestbuy, so the g710+ was available to me for about 80 bucks so im a little biased there... if the gigabyte is signifigantly cheaper then that changes things alot...

edit: i also own the g700 mouse, so the pairing between software for my mouse and keyboard was a bonus

honestly, if your near a bestbuy, the g710+ SHOULD physically be on display, its part of a Logitech Gaming Endcap in the gaming or computer section... try the keyboard out for yourself... if its not on display, ask an associate to open a box for you, they should be nice enough to do that... remove a key from their display model and try it with/without o-ring before you purchase it lol...

thats the best advice i can give, GL&HF
    Thanks for the reply! I'm from New Zealand so theres not many retail stores that offer keyboards such as the g710+ on display. While they are both brown switches I am a logitech fan myself having owning the g400,g600 and the g35 I can say Logitech's customer support is top notch

both keyboards are great im sure, and going back to removing the keys, mechanical keyboards are designed to be customizable in that sense, the keys are made to be easily removed... trust me, i wouldn't worry too much about that process, even though i completely understand if you dont want to do it. o rings or no o rings, the g710+ is great.

Thanks for your replies! I'll see if i get any more replies before I make my decision!