Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    You answered your own question already, ancenstral Vigor has 10% hp cap divine aegis has 60% and illuminated healing 30%, let's cap every absorb at 10% max hp instead.
    Not that this idea would have many supporters anyway but i'm in favor of such a change.

Deleted
    I actually asked what the issue with absorbs was in the first place. Warrior shout and demo banner come to mind as well - no complaints here either. The only thing people really are on about seem to be DA, SS and PW:B. What is the terrible terrible thing about a temporary max HP increase at the cost of actual HP healing? I have yet to see any sort of reasoning behind this, aside from "my disc steals my heals".

Quote Originally Posted by Selesnya View Post
    I actually asked what the issue with absorbs was in the first place. Warrior shout and demo banner come to mind as well - no complaints here either. The only thing people really are on about seem to be DA, SS and PW:B. What is the terrible terrible thing about a temporary max HP increase at the cost of actual HP healing? I have yet to see any sort of reasoning behind this, aside from "my disc steals my heals".
    Well divine aegis shows up on a healing meter and vigor doesnt. So people have a way of showing how good DA is. If DA didn't show up on skada and wol, do you think people would complain about disc so much, even if DA and atonement still worked the way they do now? Not saying that its a good reason but people tend to base an opinion of how good something is based on meters.

I just agree with this:

Simply put, DA does too much healing, and atonement currently is the biggest producers of DA procs. - that Kevkul stated. Though I think atonement probably heals for too much on its own aswell - I'd like to have a reason outside of spirit shelling to cast "healing" spells.
    Last edited by Ponchu; 2014-01-09 at 05:48 AM.
    You cant heal stupid, but you sure can shield it.

Quote Originally Posted by Selesnya View Post
    I doubt staying with the old mastery would solve much, in fact it might probably be stronger than the current one. Disc suffers greatly from being unable to pull people up from low HP raid-wide, not because PoH is particularly bad but because 50-70% of the total value are shields. During progression (where the balance should be measured, not now with 570+ ilvl on cheesed logs) this can be quite an issue.
    That shows a total lack of understanding when it comes to value of healing/absorbs. Especially when it comes to "progression value."

Aside from very few cases (mainly when HP% is taken into account when it comes to mechanics) 80k shield is always, always, always better than 80k healing. Especially for progression. If a 700k HP player is at 50%, I am better off leaving him at 50% and putting a 350k absorb than healing him to full, especially during progression.

Your example of "disc suffers from this" is actually a benefit disc brings during progress.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ponchu View Post
    Simply put, DA does too much healing, and atonement currently is the biggest producers of DA procs. - that Kevkul stated. Though I think atonement probably heals for too much on its own aswell - I'd like to have a reason outside of spirit shelling to cast "healing" spells.
    When absorbs are such an extreme % of your total healing you start "shutting other healers out" both in progression value (when it comes to handling burst damage) and during farm.

While it's not technically "unbalanced" or "worse value" if you do 100% of the healing and the other healer does 0% of the healing on farm (when subbing either in, with a 3rd neutral healer, would allow you to kill the farm equally well), it's also really not fun for the 0% healer. And like it or not, "fun" does actually matter and has actually mattered when it comes to Blizzard's game philosophy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    leave us alone, i like being top healer. ive always been top healer. all you peasants lower than disc , pull your finger out & stop moaning.
    Leave locks alone, I like being the top dps in my guild run.

Just because you what to stay OP doesn't mean that Blizz is will let it slide. In the healing department, discs are long overdue for a nerf.
    In the dps department, locks are long overdue for a nerf.

Blizz is aware of the issues and will act accordingly. Sadly it won't be delicate, focusing on individual and small pieces, they will pull out the chainsaw for the outlier specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagecamia View Post
    Blizz is aware of the issues and will act accordingly. Sadly it won't be delicate, focusing on individual and small pieces, they will pull out the chainsaw for the outlier specs.
    They have gotten better at that in their defense recently (still not sure). It's not like chainsawing a spec and giving it a "previous OP" tax is really a good thing either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atonement is the only reason I'm maining disc priest(s) atm. It needs to get toned down, but nerfing it to the ground wouldn't be any fun at all. Atonement is what's making disc fun at the moment, imo (and amazing to dual box with).

The problem with Atonement is that it's fun only for the priest. It frustrates literally every other healer I've healed with in 5.4.

The thing is that a healer shouldn't be able to mindlessly spam their spells and be efficient enough. Whatever happened to triage and picking the right target? Now granted I'm mostly a 25-man healer so I don't spot-heal nearly as much as a 10-man healer, but given that a larger raid format is going to be the end-game in WoD, I'd say something definitely needs to change.

Every tier the same, people complain discs/absorbs are too strong and too easy to play... interesting that most threads appear when we are late into the tier, overgearing and overhealing the fights.
    To make a disc very strong you need more than atonement spamming. Personally I feel discs spell usage is okay (at least for those who push more than 3 buttons ), shifting it a bit away from atonement to useful direct healing spells would be great.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You need to change the way disc operates so that other healers can once again enjoy raiding. For example, make absorbs work only on single target heals.

I call for a redifferenciation of classes/specs now that HM progress will all be 20-man!

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    Haste now reduces the cooldown on rapture and weakened soul.
    I just spit my coffee laughing. Unexpected, but nice

The "problems" with Atonement are as follows:

1) It does competitive (130%) healing and some (say, 30%) DPS. Most "mere mortal" healers do 100% healing and minimum (for paladins, 0%) DPS.

2) It's a smart heal. This is the same problem other smart heals have (they "dumb" the game down). That's acknowledged by Blizzard and the solution to that "problem" would be changing smart heal mechanics, and for Discs (and other healers likewise), putting some more emphasis on targeted heals: PW:S, POM, Penance, and making FH and GH more "competitive."

3) It procs DA. That's a problem with DA being too good. Not atonement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    I can assure you mistweaver monk is far more complex than disc priest.
    Monk is very challenging especially compared to priest to play well, shame it sort of sucks now. But obviously it suffers too from some First-Expansion stuff, so I'm assuming/hoping Blizzard puts extra effort in them when it comes to tweaking and finding (and perhaps changing) their vision for monks.

Deleted
    They need to nerf disc into the ground, absolutely skilless healer spec, and it's retarded how strong it is.
    You cleared the instance on heroic , yet it baffles me how little understanding you have of healing classes.
    Healing in general is stupidly easy atm. Little to no challenge whatsoever.
    EVERY healer is easy to play, i would even call Resto Shamans and Druids way easier than disc. Which doesn't mean that disc is hard, its fucking easy like any other healing specc in the game.

Other than Druids and Rshamans you actually need to know when your raid is taking massive damage at least 20 seconds before such a thing happens. Not that its absurdly hard, but all other healers do is pop a reactive cd to overheal the shit out of the raid ( SotF tranq, Tide , etc etc ), whereas discs have to preemtively pop shell.I didn't check which specc you play , but have you ever played resto druid ? Its so easy and effective you almost fall asleep while plaing it. Same goes for Rshaman where everyone is fine as long as they stay in the rain and you basically never have to watch you mana with enough crit.

Your raging about disc overvalueing crit comes from you not seeing the big picture. Without Divine Aegis blanketing disc would be bottom line hps EVERYWHERE.
    Every other healer has better / faster tools to top people, disc just shnies when theres room to Spirit shell or in low dmg phases where everyting is soaked by DA.
    Additionaly, every healer except rdruids is stacking sec stats. MW : Crit , Shaman : Crit, Pally: Mastery ( Crit for malk).
    You are just mad.

So many unreasonable suggestions that would render Disc as garbage....

Guys the solution is easy if you think about the problem.

Problem: In 25 man format last tier talents are far too strong, in 10 it evens out with the remaining healing classes and specs.
    Solution: make those talents work as Healing Rain did a few months ago, up from x members healed the aumont diminishes.

An adequate solution for a simple issue imo.

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    So many unreasonable suggestions that would render Disc as garbage....

Guys the solution is easy if you think about the problem.

Problem: In 25 man format last tier talents are far too strong, in 10 it evens out with the remaining healing classes and specs.
    Solution: make those talents work as Healing Rain did a few months ago, up from x members healed the aumont diminishes.

An adequate solution for a simple issue imo.
    The issue then becomes that if both Halo and Dstar capped at 6 people, but cascade had it's extra jumps, no one would ever pick anything but cascade, OR, Divine star (due to shortest CD) would be wildly OP compared to Halo (longest CD).

They can remove the extra bounce they added to Cascade when they removed cap from DS&Halo though.

In general, I do think that lvl90 talents need some adjustments. Removal of caps was a needed last minute change as both disc and holy were incredibly bad on SoO PTR (which makes me question this Atonement is so awesome whines) but I rather have better tools I can rely on both as disc and holy instead of lvl90 talents + mastery being the best thing ever.

Give Disc a DPS option? Just saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can assure you mistweaver monk is far more complex than disc priest.

As a mistweaver you actually need to look at your grid to get the most hps out of it to spread your mists properly and then refresh at the right time. You actually need to time everything properly if you wanna even consider challenging for the spot behind the disc priests.

Discs just go lolz dps, ok spirit shell on cd, divine star on cd and win hps. If they even do shield spam on top of that, try to compete with that.

No healer class essentialy is hard, but most healer classes require some advanced thinking, whereas disc is just spam to win.
    Yes becuase healing is all about winning the meters, and there is nothing else to disc than what you've listed MW must be super challenging especialy with that endless mana supply...

10+ Year Old Account
    So think the nerf stick will land before WoD?
    I'm hanging up my WoW/MMO hat when MoP comes to an end. Was really hoping to go out on a high note, I don't mind being a bit OP. Have been Disc since classic. Much to the dismay of my RLs in ZG/MC. But hey whatever, it's been a wacky and wild roller coaster. So fingers crossed they don't nerf us til WoD.
    *rides off into the sunset*

Deleted
    Disc sniped my heals because he actually knew what to do 10 seconds before that big explosion hit us

How about you stop trying to top meters and rather try to be sure nobody dies? Disc does exactly that. You think I enjoy atonement playstyle?