Thread: Hunter Buff

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alocin View Post

Silly single minded PvE exlcusive focused players that think they know everything about the game
    Am I misunderstanding you or do you mean me with the "single minded pve exclusive focused players"?
    If yes, I think you didn't understand me or I didn't phrase correctly enough.

Im not sure ive been hit lower than 100k from a chimera since this hotfix. 100k from a ranged, instant, 0 setup required, nature damage (ignoring armor), attack on a short cd that also heals the hunter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    Because DPS this far into the tier matters HUEHUEUHEHHUEHEUEH

Really don't get blizzard's reasoning for this, holy shit.
    Considering this is the last tier of the xpac... and considering WoD is quite a ways off... yes hunters AND dks both needed buffs esp dks they have not shined at all this xpac hunters were in a good place but they (as others have said) have not scaled well with the gear levels this tier as its increased.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reveries1 View Post
    Raid Bots is showing you spec based. Lowest is MM hunters with BM and SV hunters being higher than a few others including both DK dps specs.

Also look at arms warriors on raid bots. Raiding and PVP are very different.

I think everyone can agree this was a pve buff. I dont know how they could have buffed pve without buffing pvp they didnt include any counters to offset the pvp effects of the buff.

My guess is they are tossing these changes in now to get a good foundation for the next pvp season so they can figure out what they want to adjust for that.

P.s. Honestly better t0 do it now then the start of the new season.
    Well... The new arena system makes the end of a season much more important than the start of a season since the rating of every team is increased by a bit due to the free 1-1700 MMR wins. These types of changes are a lot better at the start so teams have time to adjust. This change will make hunters a bit more powerful => it will make a few people regret their choices.

The buff was needed in PvE, but I think it's time for blizzard to start buffing spells in PvE while letting it stay the same in PvP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    Im not sure ive been hit lower than 100k from a chimera since this hotfix. 100k from a ranged, instant, 0 setup required, nature damage (ignoring armor), attack on a short cd that also heals the hunter.
    The buff was a total AP buff of 8%. Chimera Shot is weapon damage based. 8% AP buff is probably only 4-5% weapon damage buff.

This hotfix changed spells like Serpent Sting, pet damage and Surv/BM abilities a lot more. This buff was a pretty small buff to MM in comparison.

You're imagining things.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    The buff was a total AP buff of 8%. Chimera Shot is weapon damage based. 8% AP buff is probably only 4-5% weapon damage buff.

This hotfix changed spells like Serpent Sting, pet damage and Surv/BM abilities a lot more. This buff was a pretty small buff to MM in comparison.

You're imagining things.
    Considering it was hitting for ~90k before the hotfix I don't see myself imagining anything. Representation may show otherwise but MM hunters are wildly OP right now, much more so than warriors atm IMO. MoP is the expac of the hunter; every season in MoP they have been either top tier, slightly OP, or retardedly OP. Enjoy it while it lasts I guess.
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    Considering it was hitting for ~90k before the hotfix I don't see myself imagining anything. Representation may show otherwise but MM hunters are wildly OP right now, much more so than warriors atm IMO. MoP is the expac of the hunter; every season in MoP they have been either top tier, slightly OP, or retardedly OP. Enjoy it while it lasts I guess.
    I'm not a hunter, I'm a mage. So hunters are actually the hardest class for me to kill, especially as a fire mage, so.. I'm not "enjoying" it from a PvP perspective. I do however enjoy it from a PvE perspective since my sister actually does a little bit more damage now, but that's irrelevant since this is a PvP complaint thread.

90k to 100k+ are two different hunters. Maybe you've noticed a few more 100k than before, maybe you've increased your rating a bit so you meet people with better weapons. Maybe you're just imagining things.

But they've not gotten a 11%+ damage increase on Chimera Shot. Chimera Shot is one of the least affected abilities by this buff, trust me. Elementary school math proves it.

Edit: Now that I think of it, Feral druids and warriors are equally hard as hunters for me to kill if they're good and have PvP trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    I'm not a hunter, I'm a mage. So hunters are actually the hardest class for me to kill, especially as a fire mage, so.. I'm not "enjoying" it from a PvP perspective. I do however enjoy it from a PvE perspective since my sister actually does a little bit more damage now, but that's irrelevant since this is a PvP complaint thread.

90k to 100k+ are two different hunters. Maybe you've noticed a few more 100k than before, maybe you've increased your rating a bit so you meet people with better weapons. Maybe you're just imagining things.

But they've not gotten a 11%+ damage increase on Chimera Shot. Chimera Shot is one of the least affected abilities by this buff, trust me. Elementary school math proves it.

Edit: Now that I think of it, Feral druids and warriors are equally hard as hunters for me to kill if they're good and have PvP trinkets.
    Ok mister literal lol. Im not imagining the fact that 100k chimeras happen and often, obviously not every chimera is 100k and 90k to 100k is not the jump a 10% AP buff would do. No need to take everything numerically literal. Either way this buff was not even remotely necessary for pvp, if PVE needs a buff then they need to start separating abilities or change something to improve scaling (like improve mastery for all the hunters since it would have less of an effect on pvp).

PEBKAC. just because hunters aren't a free kill anymore doesnt mean theyre good

huehuehuehuehue

Deleted
    PvP nerfs such as the longer dismiss pet, BW stun immunity and double trap removal hurt pve hunters as well. There were some applications for these kinds of things that would have made hunters awesome in certain encounters. Of course it is a very nichey thing but nevertheless it is frustrating, knowing that we could do something in an encounter that would help a lot, which we can no longer do because of nerf.

Our damage is below average at the moment in high end pve and we are lacking cleave and multi-dot damage in PvE, so a buff to scaling, single target and aoe was much needed. Saying the tier is already over is wrong because there are currently only 228 guilds who have killed garrosh on heroic mode. Now most heroic raids with "normal" schedules, which means plenty of guilds, are working on the hardest encounters in SoO and therefore hunters (and arguably some other classes) need a buff badly in order keep up with certain classes and not be benched.

Obviousely it does have an impact on PvP as well but due to the nature of PvP play i doubt that it'll be a big thing since hunters are not a dominant class overall acording to WoG (3v3 yes, everything else no). On top of it I see nothing wrong with hunters being strong, seeing how certain classes have been topping ladders almost without interruption for far, far longer.
    Last edited by mmoc96e249ad29; 2014-01-08 at 09:35 AM.

Deleted
    Buff more hunter's, they're too weak =/

ps. One more Deterrence should be perfect.

They should do damage adjustments for PVE only and survivability/utility adjustments for PVP only; classes that do shit damage should have sufficient cooldowns and cc to survive and provide utility to assist the heavy hitters and vice versa.