Thread: Monitor issue

Deleted

Monitor issue

Hello MMOers, I'm back with a new problem that happened to me. I have my Qnix2700 for a little more than a year, and as of last week it looks like it decided to start slowly dying? I'm not sure how to describe my problem besides color problem, so here's a video. Notice that the second monitor is connected and is working fine, so I can assume its not a GPU problem. Now what I tried is: Changing color depth,resolution,frequency, and none of that helped. Does it mean that the only option besides leave it to die is to try changing the DVI cable? Is this even a possibility that it worked more than 1 year and then suddenly the cable died? Please if you have witnessed anything simmilar and have fixed it post a suggestion, I am now desperate to try anything, since sending it back is not an option..

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only see one monitor in the video man. But yea looks like the monitor is going. Do you still have warranty?

Oops, that last bit. If sending back is not an option, throw it out the window? :P
    I don't know where you live, but here we have shops that fix TV's and pc monitors.

And going reading a few forums, it seems the monitor has issues all over the place.

Reading more, it seems like the issue could be with powerbrick.
    Last edited by Cyrops; 2014-01-07 at 02:11 PM.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Deleted
    Yeah I forgot to get the second monitor into the video but it's there. I bought from ebay, so I don't think it has one, but even if it does, and I end up sending this back to them, even if they send me a brand new one, I still end up paying like 200 Euros, which I would rather spend on a new monitor in local shops.. Seems switching the cable is the only option, will report back in 2 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaxl View Post
    Yeah I forgot to get the second monitor into the video but it's there. I bought from ebay, so I don't think it has one, but even if it does, and I end up sending this back to them, even if they send me a brand new one, I still end up paying like 200 Euros, which I would rather spend on a new monitor in local shops.. Seems switching the cable is the only option, will report back in 2 hours.
    You missed my update on powerbrick :P
    PM me weird stuff :3

Deleted
    Returned back with a new cord. 10 minutes in atm and everything's working like a charm! Hope nothing happens /fingerscrossed

Edit: 30 minutes in LFR and not a single issue! I'm so relieved It appears coods can be damaged even when just in use. Thanks Cyrops for help too
    Last edited by mmoc70f465e9b5; 2014-01-07 at 05:15 PM.