Siegecrafter 10H - Shredder/overload

Hi,

We have been doing some tries on Siegecrafter HC and we are trying to figure out how to get the Shredders down before the overload lands.

raid setup
    Tanks: Blood DK, Prot Warrior
    Healers: Disc Priest, Resto shaman
    MDPS: Enhancement shaman
    RDPS: Destro lock, affli lock, boomkin, frost mage and BM hunter
    Back up: Frost 2H DK, Boomkin, Holy pala

We tried the following tactic:

Stack distribution
    tank1: 3 2 2 0 3 2 2 0
    tank2: 0 1 1 3 0 1 1 3

Which shredder is killed by which tank with how many stacks? (tank1 being the warrior and tank2 the dk).
    1 tank1 3 (with dps cds up)
    2 tank1 5 dedicated healer needed
    3 tank1 7 dedicated healer needed
    4 tank2 5 dedicated healer needed
    5 tank1 3 (with dps cds up)
    6 tank1 5 dedicated healer needed
    7 tank1 7 dedicated healer needed
    8 tank2 5 dedicated healer needed

We were struggling to getting it right and didn't get enough time to test it properly.

My questions are:
    - Should we try other stack distribution tactics?
    - Is giving stacks to DPS a viable tactic?
    - Any general tips in how to getting the shredder/overload mechanic under control, with out raid setup in mind?

This is how we do it after playing around with stacks a bit. We haven't killed it yet, but shredders are so sorted that I pretty much do them on autopilot while we wait for everyone else to sort out what they're doing.

I would have your prot warrior on main shredder duty. They can pump out a lot of reliable burst after Death from Above.

Have him start on the boss and get 4 stacks. The first shredder will spawn when the 3rd stack goes out, so it will need to be brought to the boss. He can start DPSing it as soon as it gets there and wait for the 4th stack. When it hits, DK taunts the boss and the warrior moves the shredder out. Death from Above will start casting a second or two after the 4th stacks hits, so move it quickly.

The first shredder should be dead before the DK gets his 2nd stack. The warrior can then taunt to get 5. DK taunts back, warrior goes and kills the second shredder. Warrior taunts before the DK gets his 4th stack, so he can get his 6th. Warrior kills the third shredder. The DK then goes up to 6 stacks while the warrior's stacks fall off. DK kills the fourth shredder with 6 stacks. Rinse and repeat!

If I can do this is a prot paladin, then a warrior would have no problem at all doing it. Probably even faster!

As a paladin, I use DPS cooldowns for the 1st and 2nd shredder. The first one either dies during its Death from Above debuff or a second or two after. The second one always dies during the debuff. The 3rd one is no problem because 6 stacks.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Monk/DK (which isn't the best combination)

1 - DK 3 stacks, Monk 0
    2 - DK 4 stacks, Monk (I don't know how many he gets, but I come back after my shredder taunt and get the 4th stack
    3 - DK 0, Monk 6 (this is the first one he gets)
    4 - DK, Monk 7 (he comes back after he kills his and gets one stack)
    5- DK 5, Monk (0) I do this one with 5

I pop everything on the fifth one and 9/10 I can get back in time for the 6th stack, to which I take the 6th shredder.

We killed the boss over 2 months ago and we have neverh ad to deal with more then 6 shredders.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    You want to kill the shredder under 3 stacks of overload. It is extremely easy for a warrior to do this consistently compared to a DK. A good way to handle debuffs would be
    Warrior DK
    3 ----> 2
    5 ----> 4
    6 ----> 7

4 -----> 2
    5 ----> 4
    6 ----> 7

The warrior kills every shredder except the one when the DK gets 7 stacks. At the 5-6 stacks the warrior can hold the shredder near melee and kill it through the healing buff.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfdk View Post
    You want to kill the shredder under 3 stacks of overload. It is extremely easy for a warrior to do this consistently compared to a DK. A good way to handle debuffs would be
    Warrior DK
    3 ----> 2
    5 ----> 4
    6 ----> 7

4 -----> 2
    5 ----> 4
    6 ----> 7

The warrior kills every shredder except the one when the DK gets 7 stacks. At the 5-6 stacks the warrior can hold the shredder near melee and kill it through the healing buff.
    This is exactly how we did it as well on 25 man using a warrior/druid, however with 2 warriors you can swap at 3 constantly.
    Retired in WoD

thank you for the advise, we will put it to good use!