Deleted

In need of advice for a new build

Hi all,

I managed to get together a build that i think would work for me (mainly for gaming).

My budget for it is 900 eur w/o monitor and periphetals.

As for the smal size, well, not enought free space in my room

It is:

Cooler Master Elite 130
    Asus GTX660-DC2OCPH-2GD5
    Asus H87I-Plus
    Intel Core i5 4570
    A-DATA 8GB Kit DDR3 1600 MHz
    A-DATA Premier Pro SP900 256GB
    Western Digital 1TB 3,5" 7200RPM, SATA3
    Cooler Master Seidon 120M
    Corsair RM650

However i am not sure if I got the max out of it. Any tweaks that i can apply for this?

Help would be appriciated
    Last edited by mmoc74411fcda3; 2014-01-07 at 02:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where are you buying from, or located?

I'd probably recommend going frmo the i5-4570, to the i3-4330. Same performance, $50 cheaper. Also, drop the Seidon for just the stock cooler, or at most an 212 Evo. I'd probably personally get a Samsung 840 EVO 240gb ssd over the a-data. the PSU is likely expensive.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post

I'd probably recommend going frmo the i5-4570, to the i3-4330. Same performance, $50 cheaper. Also, drop the Seidon for just the stock cooler, or at most an 212 Evo. I'd probably personally get a Samsung 840 EVO 240gb ssd over the a-data. the PSU is likely expensive.
    It looks like an ITX build, in which case I'd look towards something like the Bitfenix Prodigy for a case. In addition, drop the Seidon 120 for a noctua U-12s, and you're paying stupid money for the RM650, when you can get a Seasonic 620 SIIBronze for much less.

15+ Year Old Account
    Prices from Germany, might differ a bit:

PCPartPicker part list

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor (€110.34 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Motherboard: ASRock H87M-ITX Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard (€89.90 @ Pixmania DE)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (€71.85 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk (€149.00 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Storage: Western Digital WD Green 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive (€74.90 @ Caseking)
    Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card (€217.89 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Case: Cooler Master Elite 130 Mini ITX Tower Case (€52.00 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (€67.90 @ Caseking)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer (€17.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Total: €851.77

- Like chazus said, if it is for gaming, the i3 is basically equal to the i5.
    - Motherboard you can more or less pick any H87 board. Don't get an H81, because the Mini-ITX variants of that chipset usually only have 2x SATA.
    - graphics card i upped to a GTX 760, but a GTX 660 would also be fine.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

Deleted
    Since the OP mentions euro what country exactly?
    Local stores usually offer better pricing compared to getting it from another EU country.
    as for the builds suggested.
    It's better to make a solid base with a higher (Z series) mobo/i5 cpu with an aftermarket cpu cooler at the cost of a smaller SSD. (128 is plenty if just for a few games/OS , only the few odd games get an actual advantage as in slightly faster loading screens)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    It's better to make a solid base with a higher (Z series) mobo/i5 cpu with an aftermarket cpu cooler at the cost of a smaller SSD. (128 is plenty if just for a few games/OS , only the few odd games get an actual advantage as in slightly faster loading screens)
    with the CPU he chose he can't overclock, so no need for a Z chipset mobo and no need for an aftermarket cooler. for stock speed CPUs the stock cooler is sufficient enough.

in my experience with SSDs: my 64gb SSD ONLY contains the OS (win 8.1) and programms (office, adobe creative suite, aso) and is FULL! completely! and games get bigger and bigger ... i'm atm downloading the ESO beta and it has 30 GB ?! ... if you're going for an SSD you might as well go for a 250gb (if you plan on gaming multiple titles at once) or take the "road inbetween" and get one of those Hybrid HDs (SSHDs as they are called - i have no experience with those).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post

Quote Originally Posted by tenangrychickens View Post
    It looks like an ITX build, in which case I'd look towards something like the Bitfenix Prodigy for a case. In addition, drop the Seidon 120 for a noctua U-12s, and you're paying stupid money for the RM650, when you can get a Seasonic 620 SIIBronze for much less.
    I am located in Hungary.

Looked in to the Bitphoenix chasis too, but it has wrong dimensions for me, so i picked the Cooler Master Elite 130.

With the Cooler Master chasis a cant drop the Seidon, as the Evo or Noctua wont fit the chasis.

I changed the PSU to Seasonic M12II-620 Bronze, CPU to Intel Core i3 4330, the MOBO to Asrock H87M-ITX - S1150 (however still not sure about this and the CPU), Intel H87 and the GPU to Asus GTX760-DC2OC-2GD5.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matq View Post
    I am located in Hungary.

Looked in to the Bitphoenix chasis too, but it has wrong dimensions for me, so i picked the Cooler Master Elite 130.

With the Cooler Master chasis a cant drop the Seidon, as the Evo or Noctua wont fit the chasis.

I changed the PSU to Seasonic M12II-620 Bronze, CPU to Intel Core i3 4330, the MOBO to Asrock H87M-ITX - S1150 (however still not sure about this and the CPU), Intel H87 and the GPU to Asus GTX760-DC2OC-2GD5.
    Okay, now those decisions make more sense.

In addition, I'd suggest looking for the GTX760 ITX cards from ASUS and MSI, if that's the level you're looking for.

Deleted
    I took a look at those cards and i have a question.

I does not look like there ist a performance difference between those cards, so except the size, they are the same right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matq View Post
    I took a look at those cards and i have a question.

I does not look like there ist a performance difference between those cards, so except the size, they are the same right?
    They're clocked slightly lower (50MHz on the base, if I recall correctly), and they're considerably smaller (hence the ITX after the names).

Deleted
    I keep the classic card for this, more fancy imho :-)

Thanks all for the replies.