Dual monitors. Second monitor goes black when I have been afk for a while

I have a laptop with an extra monitor connected so I have two monitors for extended desktop. Both monitors goes black after 10 min of afk as normal and when I come back to my laptop they both get turned on again, but after a few seconds my second monitor just goes black. That's the only times it goes black. It used to help to just turn the monitor off and on again, but now the monitor keeps going black. It gets stable after like 5 turn offs/on.

When it goes black, everything seem to be acting normal, it's just that it doesn't show anything on the monitor. I always have chrome on that monitor and I can minimize/restore it and drag stuff to my second monitor and things like that, but I can't see it because it's black duh.

I've used this exact setup for three years with no problems before. Do anyone know why this happens?

Deleted
    10 mins of afk, does that mean you not using the keyboard or mouse? As in, can it happen if you sit back and watch a movie?

10 min of being in another room, completely afk. After 10 min it goes black for power saving as all computers do (if you haven't adjusted the timer). The problems happens when I get back and touch the mouse/keyboard.